Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
UFC champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Adesanya/Volkanovski 10 52.63%
Adesanya/Holloway 5 26.32%
Cannonier/Volkanovski 1 5.26%
Cannonier/Holloway 3 15.79%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
I wish he was a world killer, but at least he didn't take tons of damage? I dunno I just feel bad for him. Let him beat up Cowboy tier fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nierbo posted:

Uriah Hall is an absolute embarrassment. I sincerely hope to never see him again

His next fight he'll do some matrix poo poo and murder someone and we'll all be like goddamn.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Poor old Brad Tavares. A man who exists to filter poo poo talent from the UFC and die to hype the contenders.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

boy it has been a long time since we've watched a prospect choke on nerves as hard as du plessis is right now

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

did they get the wrong scouting report on Du Plessis? How are you someone with supposedly tons of striking experience and you haven't had "throwing strikes with your chin completely up and out" drilled completely out of you over years?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Stealth Tiger posted:

did they get the wrong scouting report on Du Plessis? How are you someone with supposedly tons of striking experience and you haven't had "throwing strikes with your chin completely up and out" drilled completely out of you over years?

He's fighting like a dude who is freaking out hard about the spotlight tonight.

Dr Interweb
May 18, 2005

Cow Polls
Du Plessis is lunging face first into everything but it's fun to see it working now

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's cool seeing Taveres' hair gradually change from blond to red.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I totally get what you're saying, and the commentary desk was saying the same thing, but keeping your chin tucked should be something that gets drilled so many times over years it becomes an instinctual habit that would be physically tougher to stop yourself from doing.

Regardless, glad he's swanging.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Du Pleiss is like a bad guy in Double Dragon. He just keeps moving forward eating shots and throwing haymakers.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Tavares is a tough out for a young unproven guy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Trillhouse posted:

it's cool seeing Taveres' hair gradually change from blond to red.

Awww that makes me miss Mark Hunt :shobon:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Didn't Tavares start the fight with a nose?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Cool fight

Dr Interweb
May 18, 2005

Cow Polls
Tavares has a loving chin on him, holy hell

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

CarlCX posted:

True but he's still out-boxing Tavares despite inexplicably swinging for the fences on every punch. I think he could be really dangerous with some more experience.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

what a brawl.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

evilpicard posted:

True but he's still out-boxing Tavares despite inexplicably swinging for the fences on every punch. I think he could be really dangerous with some more experience.

Yeah, if Du Plessis can get his poo poo a bit under control he's a potential threat. But boy, there are some strategic and composure problems that need ironing out.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That accent will never not make me chuckle.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

remind me to look up a picture of Taveres' face tomorrow after it swells up.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

i love the terribly looped gif for conor’s whiskey every time

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

that lastname story was cute

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ian Garry that rare breed of UFC fighter who uses his reach with aplomb. He looks so clean.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love that rising short knee Garry uses like Cerrone used to use to stop guys rushing in quite a bit. So nice to see

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Ian Garry that rare breed of UFC fighter who uses his reach with aplomb. He looks so clean.

I'm just watching this thinking what if Stefan struve was good at fighting

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'd like to see Garry add a long low kick to his repertoire. His kicking game and jab are good for maintaining that range he wants but he got corralled there because Green can still move pretty freely if he's willing to just eat a couple. If Garry can round out that skill set to hindering his opponents movement he'll be a real force.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

evilpicard posted:

I'm just watching this thinking what if Stefan struve was good at fighting

every passing day I become more and more convinced that Stefan Struve was two kids in a UFC fighter shaped trenchcoat

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ian Garry seems okay enough that I hope they put him against an actual threat next time rather than giving him softballs so we can see where he's really at

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

drat sick Donald Cerrone is fighting wicked

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I thought he was fighting Jason Miller for a second.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am emotionally prepared to be made sad.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Can't wait to see Cerrone choke for the 6th time trying to get the all time win record

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

this isn't germane to anything right now but I just noticed that smilin' sam has a fight scheduled in the UFC early august - he is currently 0-7-1 of his last eight and has not won a fight in over four years

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Strange that he's not eating clean head shots against the fence yet

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

hahahaha that little headshake from Miller

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

gently caress off, cowboy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

loving nice Miller.

Amazing guillotine.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
wooo

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

that was in ridiculously tight :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Lmao he will never get it now