Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
UFC champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Adesanya/Volkanovski 10 52.63%
Adesanya/Holloway 5 26.32%
Cannonier/Volkanovski 1 5.26%
Cannonier/Holloway 3 15.79%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

congrats to jim miller for being the winner of UFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Oh wow Cerrone easily lost and comes up care free and smiling interesting great fight

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ceronne looks like hes gonna take off the gloves and leave em in there. Retirement imminent.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Ceronne looks like hes gonna take off the gloves and leave em in there. Retirement imminent.

He had a great career and I wish he hadn't been a shithead so I could be more sad to see him go.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Guess the lovely Ben Shapiro movies pay better than I thought, Cerrone was one of those guys I figured would probably die in the cage

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

man...as someone who considers himself semi new to MMA compared to the rest of you guys (started in late 2014/2015), seeing so many of these athletes who I was first watching all retiring is kind of emotional

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

man...as someone who considers himself semi new to MMA compared to the rest of you guys (started in late 2014/2015), seeing so many of these athletes who I was first watching all retiring is kind of emotional

One of the absolute weirdest feelings in the sport is seeing your generation go. Welcome to getting old as an MMA fan, it only gets more uncomfortable from here.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

One of the absolute weirdest feelings in the sport is seeing your generation go. Welcome to getting old as an MMA fan, it only gets more uncomfortable from here.

I think my first was the rematch between franklin and silva which would make my next my 200th numbered UFC event. I don't know how many that is overall but it would be close to 15 years.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

CarlCX posted:

Zabit, man. What the gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The hardest part of being a fan for a long time is seeing guys you just love as fighters turn into lamentable dustmen and get destroyed by up and comers. I'm glad I didn't have to watch that with GSP. The more I watch the more I try not to learn too much about who dudes are outside of fighting. It just loving sucks seeing someone you think is a good person get hurt badly doing a sport they should have left behind.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
LMAO

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn ez work.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Weak poo poo Brad

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Turner is a problem

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I think my first was the rematch between franklin and silva which would make my next my 200th numbered UFC event. I don't know how many that is overall but it would be close to 15 years.

This was my first ever MMA fight and I cannot tell you how I feel about how long I've been doing this and all the things that have happened since:

Goddamn, Jalin Turner.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

5th finish in a row for this dude.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I hope O'Mally gets KO'ed

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
It would be ok if he breaks a foot/body part again too

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

o'malley goes out of his way to try to be super unlikeable but he's so entertaining to watch fight I let him get away with it tbh

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Favorite part of the broadcast is Bring the pain in the background of the intro.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

god the utter star power of this card from top to bottom is really only just sinking in

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

god the utter star power of this card from top to bottom is really only just sinking in

They put on so many cards with nobodies on them that it's harshly weird to be reminded they could do all-main-eventer attractions if they really wanted

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, the write-up for this fight seems to be mildly suggesting that UFC's ranking system might be somewhat less than credible! :aaa:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Really hope Riff Raff gets embarrassed

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Let’s go Pedro

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

drat Bruce what a jacket :blush:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pedro wins, immediately gets knocked back to #10 in the rankings.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

wait did Buffer change jackets? his poo poo right now is shiny silver dragonflies over black, but at the start of the show it was that kind of blinding white that causes overexposure trails on cheap videotape

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmao big leg kicks immediately, rip

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

KICK THE LEG

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

wait did Buffer change jackets? his poo poo right now is shiny silver dragonflies over black, but at the start of the show it was that kind of blinding white that causes overexposure trails on cheap videotape

Yeah he usually does when the ppv starts. Gotta pay to see that drip

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

loving cameraman not showing the footwork again

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
These guys sure are wiggling at each other very intensely

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Are you guys getting awful camera angles too or is my tv hosed

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Shut up Joe you dumbfuck

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

evilpicard posted:

I think they were having issues with one of the main cameras, I could see the dude loving around with it at the wide angle. looks alright now.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

evilpicard posted:

yeah I'm getting an awful camera angle alright - it's pointed in O'Malley's direction!!! :newlol: thank you for coming to my comedy show

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

A judge is going to score that round for O'Malley and I'm going to be very mad about it fourteen minutes from now.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I can't believe I paid $40 USD for this amateur hour production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's kinda funny hearing O'Malley get called imposing since he looks like a clown who just got out the clinic for an eating disorder.