Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Argue posted:

straddles the line between horror and Scooby Doo,

This is a good description that gets to the heart of why I love this show: it uses the viewers' perceptions as a world building tool. It generally follows a procedural path: introduce monster -> understand monster -> confront monster -> defeat monster, etc and you can be pretty sure that pathing continues in the background even if they have more important things to show us.

I love the girls both as a plot device and as a concept. They're directed to not let each other get a line out unchallenged and it really helps establish that having four girls running around would be chaos. I think they've got to start developing them more though or it's going to really conflict with the "preserve their spark" dream that Kristen has going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Ben's reaction to the whole deal and explanation to David and Kristen makes sense only if he knew the episode was ending.

Still worth it for Cool Rickon: cult deprogrammer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Better if Cheryl coups him at the Evil Store and he's on the outside looking in.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Looking forward to the return of the horniest show on network tv.