Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FFT posted:

It's a literal pizza pie, imo

No pizza is a pie, as a pie is made of pastry and a pizza is made of bread. Pizzas are sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pizza casserole in an edible dish

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Chicago style hot dogs are good

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
prolly gettin' into some thicc pie later myself.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

jelly doughnut

https://twitter.com/PAVGOD/status/1543674374581932032

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

They look like glazed ceramic burgers.

oh, I get to post early in this thread

behold: the Forbidden Hamburger

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

KataraniSword posted:

What's more American than peanut butter and cultural appropriation?

Yeah I'm livid over what they did to ravioli :italy:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Pizzas are sandwiches.

Now we're talkin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1543641044037820417

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
It's hot out. Make sure to put on some deoderant.

Make some appetizers for the bbq.

Or bring some snacks if you're not culinarily inclined.

Save some room for the main course.

Then relax with a drink and some dessert.

I'm pretty sure I stole all of these from the last topic.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quid posted:

Or bring some snacks if you're not culinarily inclined.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Time for a true Midwestern classic

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Time for a true Midwestern classic

I don't really see the problem with this tbh.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Hello AFP thread, been a while.

I see you are talking American foods. Well that's well and Dandy. Our local baseball team here in Canada has something that I think qualifies for this thread.

...Yes I am going to a game later this summer and yes I will eat this for your enjoyment you sick fucks

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FOOD REVIEW TIME!

GROSS AF

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

FOOD REVIEW TIME!

GROSS AF

I have to say, the weirdly chemical taste and unnatural texture of slim jims is not an experience I would have expected to be improved with Takis powder so. Disappointed but not surprised.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

I have to say, the weirdly chemical taste and unnatural texture of slim jims is not an experience I would have expected to be improved with Takis powder so. Disappointed but not surprised.

Up front it tastes offensive, like sun baked garbage water or something, it's really hard to even explain the taste up front. as you eat it the flavor settles into more of a vienna sausage taste than a slim jim one. it was completely unpleasant. slim jims are at least edible to me, these taki sticks are ruined food.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Kinda sounds similar to how Mountain Dew Flamin' Hot ruined the taste of both for me. I love me some of the various Mountain Dew flavors, and I have enjoyed all the various flamin' hot snacks, but the combination of both was just downright terrible. The flavor started off as an ok mostly-lime flavor, that kinda took over your whole palette and drowned off anything else. Then at the end, you're left with the slightest tingle of, something. It's almost like the coolness of a strong mint before the actual mint taste hits your brain. Sipping the drink brought that out in little drips, and chugging it just extended the effect, but never enhanced or built upon it in any way. Definitely the worst of the dew flavors I've ever tried.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/shrimpkolkhoz/status/1544053657548853251

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

looks legit tbh.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Why include the eyes? They take it from neat food art to horrifying.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Zil posted:

Why include the eyes? They take it from neat food art to horrifying.

The cheese trout is anatomically correct in all ways.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Bourbon and Dr. Pepper is surprisingly not bad, though I would use a cheaper bourbon. I strongly dislike Dr. Pepper on its own, but with bourbon it’s much more palatable.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheCartelDel/status/1542556385812021248

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

No
pizzA
T
O
Rules

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve never once seen a Swede eat that, ditto with flygandejakob.

I assume it’s because of the neurotoxin that I will emanate as a New Yorker if that abomination is in my presence.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The pizza isn't real, bananas aren't real. Imagine naming a fruit that, it would be bananas.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

(b)ananas on pizza: haram

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I haven’t had a banana/curry pizza in 30 years or so, but the combination actually works. Especially if it’s combined with something salty.

Schools used to send out kids for workplace practice to businesses for a week to get a glimps of working life. In ninth grade I got sent to a pizzeria/grill. Of course I had to test the weirdest pizza on the menu. It was bananas, smoked ham, peanuts and curry powder. I was a ravenous teen, enjoyed it, never ordered it again.

That’s my Swedish banana pizza story, thank’s for coming to my ted talk, tip your waitperson, and good night.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Reminds me a bit of this old chestnut of a dish

Weird and offputting, but I guess I can sorta see where they're going with the bananas as part of a sweet/salty/creamy combo.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Captain Hygiene posted:

Reminds me a bit of this old chestnut of a dish

Weird and offputting, but I guess I can sorta see where they're going with the bananas as part of a sweet/salty/creamy combo.

If you fried the bananas this would make a decent breakfast with eggs

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Banana on pizza is bad, but whatever. The real swedish pizza crime is more subtle:

I was making pizza with some friends a few years ago and when I put the canned tomatoes in a pot and started making tomato sauce, they looked at me like I was insane and wondered why I didn't just drop the tomatoes on the pizza without any salt or spices whatsoever.

These are the same people who refuse to salt their pasta water and ask in a hushed voice "are you like one of those people who like their beef a bit... pink?".

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mymla posted:

Banana on pizza is bad, but whatever. The real swedish pizza crime is more subtle:

I was making pizza with some friends a few years ago and when I put the canned tomatoes in a pot and started making tomato sauce, they looked at me like I was insane and wondered why I didn't just drop the tomatoes on the pizza without any salt or spices whatsoever.

These are the same people who refuse to salt their pasta water and ask in a hushed voice "are you like one of those people who like their beef a bit... pink?".

I made garlic bread for a party last week and it was a hit because like, it wasn’t the take and bake crap. It had spices and discernible garlic. What a loving concept.

I also made two shark coochie boards for said party and I had to yell at everyone to eat. I try to reign in quirks that reveal I am American, but nuh uh if I’m hosting a party. If I am hosting a party, I am hosting a loving party.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

AlbieQuirky posted:

Bourbon and Dr. Pepper is surprisingly not bad, though I would use a cheaper bourbon. I strongly dislike Dr. Pepper on its own, but with bourbon it’s much more palatable.
Yes, use a bourbon cheaper than the most expensive and exclusive bourbon.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CannonFodder posted:

Yes, use a bourbon cheaper than the most expensive and exclusive bourbon.

I mean, I guess it’s supposed to be a flex? But disgusting because of the waste, not because of the taste. Maker’s Mark and Dr. Pepper go just fine together.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It's not hard to take a bottle of Pappy and put it next to the tumbler of Dr. Pepper on the rocks that you just poured, for the vine, so to speak

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

teen witch posted:

shark coochie boards

This took me a minute to get. In fairness, we have been talking about Sweden and shark coochie is not something that would surprise me to see on a Scandinavian table.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

stereobreadsticks posted:

This took me a minute to get. In fairness, we have been talking about Sweden and shark coochie is not something that would surprise me to see on a Scandinavian table.

Do you prefer your cloaca pizza with or without prunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i have eaten tis before and the "curry" is curry powder thrown on top

i no longer remember what i tasted, it was a memory shelved forever in the nowhere space