Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/ooui...360a5390654#t=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why is it dripping and why does it snap apart

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jesus Christ, the unpleasant to pleasant ratio got flipped fully on its loving head

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

This video makes me want to grow out my fingernails so I too may have claws I can tear food apart with.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Fully expected them to throw it down the stairs at the end.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

I would never waste noodles on that oreo thing but I'm tempted to try date on cucumber. There must be some method to their madness.

Dates at least are traditional for iftar.

Incidentally, my mom makes dates wrapped in bacon and they are incredibly delicious and very, very haram.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Grilled calf brain is apparently a normal offering for Iftar where I am right now, it's actually pretty good, has the consistency of a firm cheese.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
People really underestimate brain.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Dates at least are traditional for iftar.

Incidentally, my mom makes dates wrapped in bacon and they are incredibly delicious and very, very haram.

Okay, I also want to try this now.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Every summer I work in a Turkish kitchen at a beach resort making the buffet dinner we serve to guests and staff. It's incredibly delicious and none of what we make is worthy for this thread. However the manager/chef's wife, who is also a chef, has diverse tastes and frequently uses our kitchen to cook up some interesting poo poo for the staff to try. One particularly hungover day she came in with a huge pot of brains and started preparing them for panéeing and deep frying and I had to quickly nope out of there as it was too much for my delicate nerves to cope with.

I tried the result so as not to offend but it really, really wasn't my bag.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I know plenty of cultures eat brain but the prion risk is not worth the reward imo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Paladinus posted:

A buddy of mine brought bacon-wrapped dates to our Thanksgiving thing and they vanished entirely before I could sneak a third one.

(my two dozen or maybe 1.5 dozen eggs-worth of two takes on deviled eggs lasted a bit longer but were also gone by the end which I'm stoked thinking about again (but not about making more))

stringless has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Mar 18, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes, the third date is usually when it's appropriate to show up wrapped in bacon

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Brain's on my list of stuff I don't need to try again. Once was plenty.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
More proof St. Louis needs to be stamped out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_brain_sandwich

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Watched this on FOX something like 20 years ago and the memory will never leave me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSUUEAq4NDs

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, the third date is usually when it's appropriate to show up wrapped in bacon

I can't imagine a rasher course of action.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's a comic, but still related enough. Just need to see it made for real.

https://twitter.com/esachuzma/status/1769780337230430476
https://twitter.com/esachuzma/status/1769783379627581873

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
username post combo

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I kinda want to implore that they get a microwave for this tv dinner instead of doing this though o appreciate the attempt

https://x.com/weirddalle/status/1770141942388551945?s=46

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

"cook my 65 year old husband a nice steak dinner before his 10hr shift at Taco Bell."

How many hours is this fake 65-year-old gonna make it before he destroys a toilet like people seem to believe the customers do?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm willing to bet every single person reading this thread can remember waking up at noon one day, getting a bowl of cold bland carbohydrates from the fridge and just eating it with a spoon.
And that meal was so much more dignified than whatever that twit video is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

I'm willing to bet every single person reading this thread can remember waking up at noon one day, getting a bowl of cold bland carbohydrates from the fridge and just eating it with a spoon.

Uhh no. Also, what?!? What carbohydrates eatable without cooking would one be keeping in a fridge?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Leftover pizza?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mom's spaghetti

actually if a spoon is involved maybe leftover mac & cheese, which I've absolutely done

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Uhh no. Also, what?!? What carbohydrates eatable without cooking would one be keeping in a fridge?
Ever hear of a little gourmet dish that is all the rage right now called overnight oats?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I keep my cold pizza in a bowl

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Leftover pizza?

Lmao at the idea of pizza being left over.

Also it has a lot more going on than carbohydrates, or it's bread. And you don't keep bread in a fridge.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Thick milk

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

With prunes instead of dates we call these devils on horseback

*edit* further research indicates that the version with dates is also called this

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TV Zombie posted:

I kinda want to implore that they get a microwave for this tv dinner instead of doing this though o appreciate the attempt

https://x.com/weirddalle/status/1770141942388551945?s=46

Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag.
So she buys an instant cake
and she burns a frozen steak

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Pretty sure that amount of salt counts as attempted murder

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I hear most I hear most microwavable things are better in the oven if you want to spend time on them. I don't really know if the average frozen dinner could do with the extra seasoning, but I don't like how trying to use tongs on everything leaves so much behind.

Scattering trash on top of the stove also offends me, and that's a gross lookin dry old onion and avocado, but I wonder if they're strategically placed specifically for the visual.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

I think she partially cooks the bacon first to get a lot of the fat out before wrapping the dates (that way the dates don't burn before the bacon gets crispy). I'll come back to this and edit in her instructions.

edit: my bad, the precooked-to-floppy bacon is for the bacon wrapped asparagus. The dates are raw bacon wrapped with a half slice bacon, put in a cold oven set to 400. Keep an eye on them, they are done when brown and crispy looking. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon but take it out before eating.

HelloIAmYourHeart has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Mar 20, 2024

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

I hear most I hear most microwavable things are better in the oven if you want to spend time on them. I don't really know if the average frozen dinner could do with the extra seasoning, but I don't like how trying to use tongs on everything leaves so much behind.

Scattering trash on top of the stove also offends me, and that's a gross lookin dry old onion and avocado, but I wonder if they're strategically placed specifically for the visual.

Spoiler alert, they were strategically placed specifically for the visual! 100% rage bait to 'drive engagement'.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:ohdear:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

oh, they got one of the managers to fill in the sign.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Spaghtetti Emptyquote Bolognese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I think it’s in Germany so it’s „spaghetti” bolognese for 8,50€