Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My world for a matzoh, always loved em.

Anyway, horrors:

Påskmust tastes like julmust, which tastes like specifically flat Mug root beer but with a weird sweetener. The sweetness in *must is something peculiar, even Trocamust has it. Not like a stevia or artificial sweetener but maybe like an agave vibe? I can’t place it.

Listerine and *must sort of work if I consider it, but also :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a mournful glizzy

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Not content with merely using assholes, this one actually contains a fart

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It also appears to be using a brain for a bun

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bin0b-OALxo

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

teen witch posted:

Påskmust tastes like julmust, which tastes like specifically flat Mug root beer but with a weird sweetener. The sweetness in *must is something peculiar, even Trocamust has it. Not like a stevia or artificial sweetener but maybe like an agave vibe? I can’t place it.

*must is made with malt, that could be the weird sweetener.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

*must is made with malt, that could be the weird sweetener.
It’s the most likely, though I’ve never pinged malty. I’ve had it a million times but every time I pull a Tucker Carlson confused dope face, wondering why it tastes like that.

I also bought the lovely ZERoh! Must saft this year and it wasn’t finished until around early Feb? That did have stevia and it was horrific and I usually am fine with stevia?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I think it's saccharine. It's often added to kotikalja products which are must like too.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
As someone with a stevia allergy (not severe, thankfully), I am so tired of every drink that sounds neat using that for a sweetener. Just give me the sugar, it burns my mouth less.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Obnoxipus posted:

As someone with a stevia allergy (not severe, thankfully), I am so tired of every drink that sounds neat using that for a sweetener. Just give me the sugar, it burns my mouth less.

Just stevia or all sugar alcohols?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

tribbledirigible posted:

Just stevia or all sugar alcohols?

Genuinely not sure, but I think stevia specifically-- the stevia leaf had the same effect when a friend had me test one from her garden a few years back.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm not allergic and I'm still sick of stevia being snuck into things. It just makes whatever it's in taste off, in a way that's unpalatable after a bite or two. poo poo's more artificial tasting than actual artificial sweeteners.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Every sugar-free Crystal Light flavor has the same aftertaste for me. Tea, lemonade, grape, whatever. Once the liquid is gone, they all leave the same taste in my mouth. It overpowers everything else.

Only checked just now and it does use stevia as the sweetener.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I can't dig up a good source but I read that stevia and ragweed allergies are cross reactive. Knowing how common ragweed allergies are, it kind of sucks how much it's in stuff.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Stevia tastes like chewing aluminum foil to me. Sucralose is the superior calorie free sweetener.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Haifisch posted:

I'm not allergic and I'm still sick of stevia being snuck into things. It just makes whatever it's in taste off, in a way that's unpalatable after a bite or two. poo poo's more artificial tasting than actual artificial sweeteners.

Yeah it sucks, it's in all the sugar free syrups you can get for home carbonizers too. I think they put it there to ruin the taste so you can't reproduce a real coke zero or diet coke at home. I prefer diet (light as it's called here) or zero and it sucks I can't get my hands on it for the soda streamer.

His Divine Shadow has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Apr 24, 2024

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Every single artificial sweetener, whether it’s stevia, ace k, sucralose, xylitol, has the same god-awful aftertaste to me. I have to check any low-cal drink to be sure, and any zero-cal drink is out unless it’s seltzer. So that’s pretty much the only flavored drink I’ll have.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

coke zero is pretty good

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hawowanlawow posted:

coke zero is pretty good

Yeah, that's the only diet soda I can really stand to drink. It has so much less of a sweetener aftertaste that I thought they must've used something newly developed, but it overlaps with other diet sodas in using aspartame at the very least. So who knows what magic they managed to pull off in its formulation :iiam:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm with the goon who hates all artificial sweeteners, but I wish I liked diet soda because it's basically neutral from a health standpoint. You can drink it in quantities that would absolutely wreck your body if it was full of added sugars and it's mostly fine.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've heard that the artificial sweeteners in diet drinks tend to make people seek out more sugar since their body wants the effects of sugar that the diet drinks are getting around and their mouth has gotten into the habit of tasting sugar.

And I don't know how true that is, but it certainly seems to me like diet drinks seem to go for double the sweetness with fake sugar of normal drinks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hawowanlawow posted:

coke zero is pretty good

You can put five spoons of sugar in it and enjoy twice the sweetness of a regular coke with the same amount of calories.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Useless anecdotal data point but I drink Diet Coke in Trumpian quantities but have near zero sugar craving. Dunno how much of that is just how I've trained myself though.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Ror posted:

I'm with the goon who hates all artificial sweeteners, but I wish I liked diet soda because it's basically neutral from a health standpoint. You can drink it in quantities that would absolutely wreck your body if it was full of added sugars and it's mostly fine.

That’s pretty much why I stick with the flavored sparkling water. I guess it helps that I think most regular sodas are so headache-inducingly sweet that sparkling water is refreshing by comparison, and it isn’t going to wreck your body.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I can down the absolutely most vile metallic sweeteners with little issue.

Why yes I grew up around women constantly dieting

(Pepsi bring back Pepsi Max Cherry, you make the sodastream syrup for it cmon)

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Data Graham posted:

Useless anecdotal data point but I drink Diet Coke in Trumpian quantities but have near zero sugar craving. Dunno how much of that is just how I've trained myself though.

:same:

And 2 anecdotes become data

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Apparently my mom couldn't drink Tab around little kid me because I'd just drain the can.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

All this soda talk just reminded to stock up on Passover Coke. Almost as good as Mexican Coke, but at regular or discounted prices.

The worst fake sweetener soda I've ever tasted was some Chinese labeled cola in HK and Manila. The cans the same red with white characters, and right next to actual Coke, so they were just hoping idiots like me weren't paying attention. They got me twice. Absolutely vile and plasticine. And I'd been drinking soda out of plastic bags from food stalls during the whole trip.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Made with the finest coke ash!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

root beer posted:

Every single artificial sweetener, whether it’s stevia, ace k, sucralose, xylitol, has the same god-awful aftertaste to me. I have to check any low-cal drink to be sure, and any zero-cal drink is out unless it’s seltzer. So that’s pretty much the only flavored drink I’ll have.

I also get the aftertaste, but as well as that they all give me a headache. I'd love to switch to diet sodas but just can't do it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I used to think artificial sweeteners tasted weird, but I tried drinking sugar free soda exclusively and got used to it after like 2 weeks. Now regular soda tastes weird to me. I think it's literally just what you're used to.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Mymla posted:

I used to think artificial sweeteners tasted weird, but I tried drinking sugar free soda exclusively and got used to it after like 2 weeks. Now regular soda tastes weird to me. I think it's literally just what you're used to.

Yeah it's a pretty short unpleasant adjustment period then it's just normal

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Just drink the first one after brushing your teeth, after that it'll be great

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

When I get taco bell I get the zero sugar baja blast, but if they're out of it they just give me regular baja blast, so i always have to have my wife taste it to tell if it's real sugar or not because I basically can't tell anymore

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

more falafel please posted:

When I get taco bell I get the zero sugar baja blast, but if they're out of it they just give me regular baja blast, so i always have to have my wife taste it to tell if it's real sugar or not because I basically can't tell anymore

I do too. She's real good at it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/yasminesummanx/status/1783534535101075826

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

root beer posted:

That’s pretty much why I stick with the flavored sparkling water. I guess it helps that I think most regular sodas are so headache-inducingly sweet that sparkling water is refreshing by comparison, and it isn’t going to wreck your body.

Sparkling water will leach the calcium out of your teeth and damage the enamel if you drink it on the regular. We have a soda water gun at work, and I make our soda water by the keg full, i fuckin love me a fizzyboi with a few drops of bitters. My dentist is unimpressed with me.
I think the carbonic acid is also not good for your bones, I will update if I suddenly break one, because I have not stopped with the spicy water despite my dentist’s chiding.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Is that true?

Ahh god dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is it though