Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Bloop posted:

You didn't try it? Food for pets should be WAY LESS salty than for humans, mostly because of body mass

Also I'm nearly positive you can't actually smell salt (as in NaCl) in food so I'm not sure what you were detecting
Could just be association with the way stock smells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mymla posted:

I seriously doubt there exists a pizza anywhere that's good when cold OR four days old
Apart from every pizza that's ever existed, you mean?

If you don't know the joy of taking a slice of pizza put of the fridge and eating it cold, I can only pity you.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Four-day-old pizza, even if it's been in the fridge, is usually all dried up and not good. Passable at best.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The Bloop posted:

You didn't try it? Food for pets should be WAY LESS salty than for humans, mostly because of body mass

Also I'm nearly positive you can't actually smell salt (as in NaCl) in food so I'm not sure what you were detecting

The smell was off-putting enough that I definitely wasn't game to taste it. It might not be salt, specifically, but kibble / pet food always smells 'salty' to me and normally in an unpleasantly strong way. My dog's current kibble smells like super concentrated vegetable stock powder and almost makes me gag every time I open the container it's stored in.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cyberia posted:

The smell was off-putting enough that I definitely wasn't game to taste it. It might not be salt, specifically, but kibble / pet food always smells 'salty' to me and normally in an unpleasantly strong way. My dog's current kibble smells like super concentrated vegetable stock powder and almost makes me gag every time I open the container it's stored in.

loving 2011s. Won't even try dog food. :rolleyes: Back in the day https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/dog-food-goons/1/

quote:

I'm going to Notre Dame this spring and I've been thinking about starting my own diet and lifestyle plan. My budget is razor thin and I need cheap food if I am to get good grades and make new friends. I've been looking at ramen, rice, dried pasta, vitamin supplements, etc. I made a quick table to show how many calories I can get from a bunch of different products for exactly 1 dollar.

Ramen: 537
Rice: 430
Dried Pasta: 800
Beneful Healthy Radiance: (this is for a 31 lb bag) 2046
Vitamin Supplements: NA
Tuna: 120

Please realize that I need nutrition and care about taste, but I need to be extra aware of the price.

Dried pasta is preferable to ramen simply because it has a better cost value and it tastes pretty good with plain butter. The Beneful has most of what my body needs so I could buy 1 bag every 2 weeks. The tuna has massive amounts of protein so that makes up for the cost. An eighth of skunk vitamins goes for about 20$ on campus. Flavored sugar packets can make about 25 beverages for a dollar and the water is free because of water rations.

Instead of toothpaste I'll use baking soda. And instead of toothbrush I'll use spoon. I'll buy a sponge and scrub myself down in the shower without using any soap.

To save on floor cleaner I'll pee sitting down. I don't have to wash my hands because I don't touch anything.

I won't have to buy moisturizer because Beneful gives me smoother skin.

Advice would be helpful. tyia

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Jul 7, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FFT posted:

Could just be association with the way stock smells.

Yeah this is probably it

Bullion cube concentrated flavor dust smell also tracks for a lot of dry pet food

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nameless Pete posted:

I actually tried the banana curry pizza this very week. It was somebody else's cold four-day-old leftovers, but I wasn't sure when I was ever going to get the chance again.

It was not good, you guys.

It was not good.

this is hardcore. You ate the real deal leftover version of a nightmare food. Buddy, you're hard loving core.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

loving 2011s. Won't even try dog food. :rolleyes: Back in the day https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/dog-food-goons/1/

Like peeing sitting down would reduce your need for floor cleaner. :rolleyes:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Showed this to my girlfriend and she reported she'd try it with no hesitation, although pickle and dill goes with/on anything to her (I don't entirely disagree with either part of this sentence).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I read that as "to save money on floor cleaner, I will pee in the toilet instead of all over the floor and then just wading out of the bathroom and hucking in a bottle of floor cleaner in my wake"

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Would definitely try this, though I think it'd be better with a bit of meat or something for a savory offset to the pickle.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Bullion cube

Bit overpriced and not very flavoursome.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
big communal pot of Better Than Bullion that you can smear on top.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Some real interesting poo poo here

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'd order samosa poutine right this second if I could

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

From the previous thread, but don't forget a drink and dessert with that!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The garlic and onion lemonade is by far the most offensive.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

In all the years of these threads, this is only thing has even made me feel ill

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'd order samosa poutine right this second if I could

it's not so far off of samosa chaat, which is S tier street food.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Samosa chaat itt

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The garlic and onion lemonade is by far the most offensive.
The duck pond lemonade is both better sounding and comes with a rubber ducky (although :lol: at it being three liters)

Also, I could see the honey habanero ice pops being sneaky delicious.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dareon posted:

From the previous thread, but don't forget a drink and dessert with that!

I’ve been saying for years that milk needs at least 50% more salt and I’m glad someone out there delivered.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Absolutely trying a few of these next week while I’m there. Will try to remember to review.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The cotton candy lo mein is probably the most offensive one to me

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I tire of attempts to use cotton candy as a flavor.

Yes, I like cotton candy. But it's a mouthfeel and grainy sweetness you can't emulate with any other foodstuff so you're literally just putting the same flavoring agents you put in cotton candy, into a different food. Or you're putting cotton candy on something, where it melts or burns or dissolves, and that's just loving disgusting and stupid.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Any of you goons that wouldn't at least try it, if you don't like dill pickles, then fine. But this one's common over in Western NY, and it's loving delicious. Imagine fried cheese sticks. Now imagine bread sticks. Now finally, imagine fried pickle spears. It's like all of those combined. Far less terrible than I think a lot of you are assuming. Done right, you'll get the dill and vinegar tang, but it's tempered by the cheese and bread. It's not a punch in the mouth, it's like eating Bosco Sticks and occasionally taking a bit of a pickle spear while doing so.

This, on the other hand. I'd try at least one bite/sip of most of this stuff. Except for like, the Oreo stuff, the vegan chili cheeseburger on principle, and maybe the insect stuff.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/1544669125704052737

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1544767691755495427

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Brawnfire posted:

I tire of attempts to use cotton candy as a flavor.

Yes, I like cotton candy. But it's a mouthfeel and grainy sweetness you can't emulate with any other foodstuff so you're literally just putting the same flavoring agents you put in cotton candy, into a different food. Or you're putting cotton candy on something, where it melts or burns or dissolves, and that's just loving disgusting and stupid.

I could see it being used on a semi-sweet pastry, something dark chocolate perhaps.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

neogeo0823 posted:

Any of you goons that wouldn't at least try it, if you don't like dill pickles, then fine.

All pickles are war crimes against innocent vegetables.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pickling is the only way to make many vegetables edible

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ok this has to be AI generated food

neogeo0823 posted:

It's not a punch in the mouth, it's like eating Bosco Sticks

holy poo poo these look great! Breadsticks stuffed with Pepperoni Pizza Sticks.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Jul 8, 2022

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My only association with Bosco sticks is high school lunch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

PurpleXVI posted:

All pickles are war crimes against innocent vegetables.

What in tarnation

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

pickled eggs is vegetables

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

saw your mom go to her room with a cucumber, came out with a pickle.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
eat your veggies

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

....why....why is there a sexy pig on that jar?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

AngryRobotsInc posted:

porky foot fetishists

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

this is the endgame of most foot fetishists. first they tickle, then they lickle, then they pickle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AngryRobotsInc posted:

sex sells :pervert: