Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

LifeSunDeath posted:

I put 2 Megastuffed oreos together and made a Gigastuffed oreo:

it's like a meter deep of icing

How Much Is Inside Oreos?

quote:

We scraped all of the cookies clean and stacked them up. There were 17 inches of black cookies and almost a cup of cream filling.
Our 30 minutes of work paid off. We had successfully reduced the package of cookies to the essential element, 6 ounces (177 grams) of confectionary perfection.

edit: I still refer to Oreo filling as "gross sugar lard" thanks to this article. I like those Oreo Crisps that had no filling, but idk if they still make them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pAOuR8s03Q

Oreos

Oreos!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

My very nice next foor neighbor made a bunch of pickles from her garden and gave us a jar. I haaaate pickles, but my dad assured me that homemade pickles are very different than store bought, so I tried one.

Well, he was incorrect. It was just as disgusting as every other pickle I've ever eaten. I actually gagged. My husband said they were fine, though.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

We've all been there, little buddy.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbkD0CuVtc

Tasting History does bechamel sauce

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bring this over from the Cursed Image thread. We were out of milk the other day so I put a couple spoonfuls of butter pecan ice cream in my coffee, which was pretty low, but this is beyond disgusting.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
No, it was the pecan bits. I avoided the big ones but there were a couple little shards I missed.

I don't like sweet coffee, either, but it's better than black.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

For a while I was getting tons of ads for lingerie on Facebook and there was a knockoff version of this handmade set by Estelle Peacock that turned up a lot.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Have yourself a delicious crosspost

The first time I ever heard of balut was on a challenge on one of the first seasons of Survivor and I still think it's one of the most disgusting things I can imagine eating.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

graynull posted:

The shad is on me today, nerds. Went to bake some cookies from scratch last night. Never done it before but the recipe seemed fairly simple. Everything going well till I put them in the oven and the batter just kinda melts. Next batch I tried adding some more flour to the mix to no avail. Cookies just spread across the baking sheet and had to be scraped off, not a single one survived intact and I was left with 2 plates full of cookie dust...

Cut to this morning when I realize the flour I had added from its unmarked container was not flour and was indeed powdered sugar. Actually kind of a relief in that I know what hosed up instead of trying to CSI Cookie my way to what went wrong.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Desert Bus posted:

I this makes me deeply uncomfortable in ways I cannot even begin to describe. I just don't seem to have the vocabulary for it.

It looks procedurally generated.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Tiggum posted:

Originally? How else would you make it?

My mom scalds the milk and then puts in uncooked rice and bakes it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sometimes I can't even parse images in this thread. String cheese?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I REALLY wanted to look at some of the blender recipes but these were just notebooks made out of cookbook covers.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

This loving got me. *CHOMP*

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Orange tic-tacs were what my parents gave me to practice with when I was learning to swallow pills, and I'm sure if someone gave me one now, my first instinct would still be to swallow it whole.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Mary Roach's book Grunt goes into the development of MREs and specifically MRE pizza and apparently it was very complicated.

Also found this while trying to remember the name of the book.

https://twitter.com/mary_roach/status/720350762895691777

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://i.imgur.com/aOs5l47.mp4

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm watching the "Mexico Week" episode of Bake Off and it's a hate crime.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Tacos aren't baking!!!

Her avocado must have been underripe if she could peel it like that though.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Related: Cherokee yellowjacket soup

https://twitter.com/hseanbrock/status/910836231109595136

So some guys made it https://www.vice.com/en/article/8xyydk/yellow-jacket-wasp-soup

Honestly sounds like another Circumstances type food.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

My Lovely Horse posted:

Maybe I'm not reading it right but it seems like you're supposed to add the yellowjackets, not the nest itself.

Yeah, I don't know why they would puree the actual nest with it-- the original recipe is pretty clearly instructions on how to collect just the grubs. Outside of the difficulty of digging up a wasp nest (seems like a lot of work for not much food! but I guess in times of starvation you do what you must), it seems like a pretty standard protein source. The cicada recipe below isn't that different, except the cicadas obligingly dig themselves up.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Oh, I remember the crown shaped nuggets.

Also I about gagged at those sauce popsicles. Imagine expecting cherry and getting BBQ.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1579862191721025538

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Brawnfire posted:

I love that poo poo. And sanbitter

Sanbitter comes in such a cute little bottle and I couldn't read the label so I thought it might be strawberry or something... I was disappointed.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0l_aI6Y5JI

HelloIAmYourHeart has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Oct 15, 2022

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I got a chicken salad sandwich today that had celery, water chestnuts, and black olives in it. The menu just said, "chicken salad" and it didn't even occur to me to ask because who puts BLACK OLIVES in chicken salad? It was disgusting, and it also cost $12.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Haha, sound on.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
this ad I got on facebook https://www.facebook.com/LandOFrost/videos/509489517220635/

quote:

Protein-Packed & Pumpkin Spiced Land O’Frost Premium
We’re making pumpkin spiced sandwiches a thing with these Land O’Frost Premium Ham, cream cheese & cranberry sliders.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I had a chance to buy an entire dining set of those plates at an estate sale for $200 and I really regret not getting them.

That gelatin is disgusting.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

KataraniSword posted:

Mormons notably are forbidden from ingesting any alcohol (sensible except for the fact this includes eating anything cooked with it, despite how cooking with alcohol works), and also restricted from drinking any coffee or tea. (loving what)

Some Mormons will also avoid caffeinated sodas, but some of them won't, because soda is a soft drink served cold (as opposed to "strong drinks" served hot).

Historically, as they crossed the United States, they drank "Mormon tea" which is made from a plant that contains ephedra. I don't know what the current LDS status is on energy drinks, though.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Valko posted:

How about a couple of rollmops?

Really wish I could make the noise I made at this image the thread title.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

quote:

Taiwan Pizza Hut's Oreo-stuffed crust calamari and popcorn chicken pizza

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I make a sort of knock-off egg cream at home sometimes. Soda water, whole milk, chocolate syrup. Not as good as the real thing from a soda fountain, but not bad either.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

uber_stoat posted:

Todos saúdem a Rainha da Cozinha!

Ah, this is it, the thing that grosses me out today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

It's beer! For dogs!

quote:

We brew a special kind of beer just for dogs. Potent in a good way, it contains beef base, malt extract and K9 Glucosamine. Don’t worry – this brew is alcohol-free! Your dog will love to lap up Beer Paws Doggy Beer anytime, but we recommend splashing some on their regular meals. Adding the beer is a great way to enhance the appetite of a finicky or older dog. You can also freeze the beer in ice cube trays for a refreshing treat on a hot day.