Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Oh boy, gagh! Just like Huk'lur used to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Poldarn posted:

Joke's on them, I love cereal AND cranking my hog.

To be fair, cereal back then was plain bran flakes, maybe corn. No cocoa, no sugar, not even a goddamn raisin. If that was all you could eat, I doubt your hog would be very active.

Whooping Crabs posted:

yeah, they could have just repackaged coke starlight cans

What a waste that was. Not weird enough to be completely uniquely off-putting, not interesting enough to bother buying a second bottle. Carbonated "it's OK"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlhVK-eMPKA
Unfortunately, it is apparently quite good.

Guga Foods just did something similar where he baked a steak in a pan of mayonaise until it got to 125F and then did a quick sear on both sides. He also did ketchup and mustard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aERLsaZVGQ
Mayo was the best result, but all three were OK to pretty good according to tasters.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

You know what tells you instantly you're looking at tasty food?

Overlapping bio-hazzard symbols

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Why is it a bad idea to put the eggs in first in that video?

In short, they would overcook. If you were going to do this correctly you would start with the (much smaller) sausage patty, then the bacon and finally finish with the egg.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

What makes New York hot dogs taste the way they do? It's the water beer.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ror posted:

The pookies look delicious.
Agreed. Would you be similarly bothered if you went chocolate?

Ror posted:

Do not be the DJ Khaled of macarons.

Good advice, but why limit to macarons? Maybe just don't be the DJ Khaled of anything.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Looking at a hamburger place in Brazil and I have to ask: are these ducks in a bathtub of mayonnaise? Catupiry?

I'm going on a wild guess here, but may be it's a cute presentation of a dessert of some kind. Maybe that's pudding or some kind of whipped cream. The condensation has me thinking it's cold, whatever it is.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Mymla posted:

But uh, black pudding isn't spreadable?

This? This right here? Quitter talk.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

more falafel please posted:

how the hell are there plain doritos, and why would you buy them

I think you can still get them West of the Mississippi in stores, or online

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

MCDONALD'S ISN'T FOOD!

:haw:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

empty sea posted:

I can eat about 3 candy corns a year before it becomes Too Much. Those three are actually pretty good. But anything more is awful, awful.

Oh, but have you seen this?

So Vanilla (ice cream) - OK
Fruit Punch - Sure
Popcorn - OK, maybe if you like Popcorn Jelly Belly or Mike & Ike, sure

Hotdog & Hamburger - No loving way.

This is like those Taco Truck jelly beans that came out around Easter, with flavors like taco and horchata

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

VictualSquid posted:

How about some fake bananas made from gelatine covered with chocolate?

So where is the filling on the Jello > Gummi candy chewiness scale? Because I used to like chocolate covered gummi bears, but the last time I had them they must have been expired or the package opened or something as they were way too hard to be enjoyed. OTOH, if this is soft like jello, that would be too soft to hold up under the chocolate coating.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Phthisis posted:

Real circus peanuts are made by Spangler, and usually any random generic bag you get at a gas station or whatever will be made by spangler anyway.
There's also actually different flavors of circus peanuts, too. You can get a variety pack with red (cherry), orange (banana), yellow (lemon), and white (vanilla). The lemon ones are really loving good, but the cherry and vanilla ones are such a steep dropoff behind lemon and banana that I usually don't bother with the variety pack.

Sekhmnet posted:

*edit* trip report: The texture is somewhere between the dry crust on the ouside of a cake frosting and a dense marshmallow; like if you were trying to make taffy and accidently made a marshmallow. I can't taste much beyond sweet but the smell is banana, but then again the smell of new skin liquid bandage is banana. It isn't *bad* tasting, but in a world where peanut butter cups exist why would you settle for this?

So because of this thread I decided to hunt down a bag of these. As described they do have the Spangler branding on them, despite the packaging just being generic store brand.

The description of the texture is pretty spot on, drier than what I typically think of as marshmallow, but still surprisingly moist. Like if a merengue cookie wasn't dry all the way through. The sugar really coats the tongue, the same way cornstarch tends to. It's not a bad texture, but kind of unlike anything I had before.

The banana flavor isn't bad, but seems weaker than the flavor you get off of banana runts or popsicles, and as such a bit more chemical-y. I'd be interested in trying other flavors, but I imagine the cherry tastes more like NyQuil than other cherry candy. Disappointing to hear that the vanilla is bad, as I typically like vanilla candies. Maybe they just use lovely imitation vanilla in the recipe, and it would be OK if they used quality ingredients :shrug:

I actually think if you could make these candies with peanut butter or PB powder they would probably be great

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

By popular demand posted:

That appears to be a pita with sausage, what's the awful?

I think it's bologna quesadilla

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ok, look, if someone is really craving the circus peanuts and cannot find them just use this simple substitution

Buy 1 bag of marshmallows, and one packet of Runts

Empty the bag of runts and separate out the banana candies
Put the candies in a double layer of resealable bags
Smash into powder with a rolling pin or heavy pan

Take one marshmallow and cut in quarters

Sprinkle cut side of marshmallow with reserved candy powder

Let sit overnight to set to proper "old, dry" consistency

"enjoy"

If you want slightly more authentic look, smear some food coloring on the marshmallow before adding the candy powder

Or, if you want to suffer quickly, just mush a few banana runts into a marshmallow and pop the whole thing in your mouth.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm sure this post is making some Italians very mad (breaks spaghetti before putting it into the pot)

Stop trying to piss off people by not adhering to traditional Italian cuisine rules

(Slops sauce onto cooked pasta in the serving dish)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I think it would be more like licking a fuzzy 9 volt battery

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Now isn't that a dainty dish to set before the king.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Big Dog T-shirt Wine

Listen Buddy, America Deserved Two-Buck Chuck

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

City of Glompton posted:

my friend tried this and had the following to say:

i'll still buy one if i ever see one in the wild because i want to experience disappointment

I think they sell those at Meijer if you have one nearby

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

did Beast stick a vodka firehouse up his butt yet.

Not on camera, no

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I saw today that some criminal has apparently invented "branstonaise" which is branston pickle in mayonnaise, and worse, it comes in either smooth or chunky variety.

did you desire chunky mayonnaise that tastes like pickle?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BranstonUK/status/1581970806628044803?cxt=HHwWhsDS4aSEpfQrAAAA

So tartar sauce? I mean this is neither Earth-shattering nor Bowel-shaking

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I have to let some people know Sausage Claus is real

Also, is there anything special about these other than packaging?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ror posted:

Release the meat from its prison!

If you insist

ZZZIIIIIPPPP!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pre-barfed for your convenience

The brand is called puke-a. I don't know what you were expecting.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

The weird mushrooms are whatever.

What's the onion and chive ice cream in the back?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I'm just trying to follow everything:

Big roll
3 hot dogs
Slaw/Kraut
Chopped Tomatoes
Corn
Shoestring fries?
Mashed Potatoes?
Hot Sauce?
Mayo?
Thick rear end Bacon

Did I miss anything?

Mountain Dew cheesecake with a Doritos crust?

I can almost see it. I hate both the ingredients separately, but understand that some people really like them. I could see a dew flavored cheesecake base, and a savory, dorito-esque crust. But if that is ground up doritos, mixed with butter to make a crust, that would be disgustingly greasy. I can feel the grease seeping out of that photo.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Zero_Grade posted:

Angeled eggs.

Studded with eyes and actively on fire?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It's already been brought up, but I think this would be almost OK if you took out half the potatoes, and left off the BBQ sauce and flamin hot cheetos. Because deep frying that ball of mash and chicken wrapped in chicken skin might be ok. But adding layers of sugary BBQ sauce and fried cheese puffs, and frying that is just gross.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Pseudohog posted:

Yeah that's the saddest chip butty I've ever seen. For a proper butty you need to use a bun, a bap, a barmcake or a stottie!

You made up three of those words.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm making something called "Toad in the Hole" for dinner out of curiosity about fine English cuisine and the very unappetising name appealed to me þ.

It's basically some sausages baked into a batter.

Will it be any good?

Only time will tell

Isn't Toad in the hole where you take a piece of bread, cut a hole in the middle, put the bread in a pan, crack an egg in the hole, and then flip over the whole thing when one side is toasted and then toast the other side?

What am I thinking of?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Beardcrumb posted:

I would assume carrot in this instance refers to carrot tops, which have commonly been used as a garnish in the past.

It took me literally until this post to correctly read the ingredient as parsley and not parsnip

What the hell is wrong with my eyes?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I have seen people making pizza on top of breaded, fried chicken patties. It's nuts.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Brought to you by a very industrious dung beetle

Meh. This is really inoffensive compared to other stuff here.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

gently caress it, let's start Communion Wafer Cuisine

Replicate any recipe where you normally use crackers/chips with communion wafers. Make tiny, inferior chocolate PB Sandwiches. Use them instead of breadcrumbs for frying chicken. Make Holier Than Thou Christmas Crack, with real Christ.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Smack your ketchup

It's odd that the Prodigy x Heinz cross promotion never really took off.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

First, it looks like they just added all those ingredients on top of an already cooked plain cheese pizza. Everything is just resting on top, and nothing has integrated with the mozzarella. And yeah, with mayonnaise/remoulade, sure, don't bake that on there, but everything else can go in the oven.

Second, cut those sausages into smaller slices. They don't have to be pepperoni thin, but bite sized pieces people

Third, yeah, I'd probably try it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm starting to think of a concept that's basically a pizza bowl, you dice up pizza and mix it up in a bowl with more spaghetti sauce and toppings and eat that poo poo with a spoon.

This has Domino's written all over it

Disposable aluminum pan
Cubed (toasted?) pizza crust
Sauce
Cheese
Toppings, which when combined with cheese and meat grease, I call sloppings

All tossed together like an anti-salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I grew up with it, so I have a special place in my memory for it. I miss it from time to time. The frozen ones are OK, and a close enough reminder.