Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Time for a true Midwestern classic

I don't really see the problem with this tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Banana on pizza is bad, but whatever. The real swedish pizza crime is more subtle:

I was making pizza with some friends a few years ago and when I put the canned tomatoes in a pot and started making tomato sauce, they looked at me like I was insane and wondered why I didn't just drop the tomatoes on the pizza without any salt or spices whatsoever.

These are the same people who refuse to salt their pasta water and ask in a hushed voice "are you like one of those people who like their beef a bit... pink?".

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Not to hand it to the banana pizza, but I seriously doubt there exists a pizza anywhere that's good when cold OR four days old, let alone both at the same time.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Friend sent this my way to try and identify.

...I have no clue

Pancake, gravy, whole mushrooms?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I had an AI "write a recipe containing salmon and canned tomatoes."

This AI doesn't gently caress around with the bread crumbs. Other than that I've honestly seen worse boomer recipes.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

it means a trace of something

so like a remembrance of garlic

Homeopathic garlic

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
No it's roast beef, idiot

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

it is the 20s and there is time for Pink Sauce

The rawring 20s suck.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

teen witch posted:

Svennetacos are not good.

Do not believe the witch's lies.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Skratte posted:

this got posted in the previous thread but I wanna repost it with the info that Ralston was a eugenics cult which might explain why this ad seems so alarming

This looks like a propaganda poster from 1936 germany.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
To be honest, I think I'd rather have the kountry kitchen drysteak than whatever the gently caress that french snob poo poo is.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

How do you know the mystery stew pictured from 1000 meters away isn't bad

Anyway, I hate plain boiled potatoes

I mean, you mix the potatoes with the stew, then they're no longer plain.
It looks like a perfectly fine meal, I'd eat it. I wouldn't brag about it online, but I would eat it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Guys. You can boil 'em, mash 'em, OR stick 'em in a stew.

If you just put them in the stew and then mash them, you've done all three at the same time.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Hell yeah love me some raw lukewarm unseasoned unsalted ground beef.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

This is probably good as hell, but god drat does it look gross. Even if you can ignore that they left the goddamn heads on for some reason, it's still a literal zit.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

The Bloop posted:

You'd never say "a popcorn" or "a grit" (unless you are a lunatic)

I'd like to know how you refer to a singular popcorn.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, I'm eating a 600 lb chocolate cube, for, uh, art. Yeah.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

quote:

The chocolate fragments, blended with spit, were melted down and cast into 27 heart-shaped packages for chocolates,
why

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Sweden claims to not have fought a war for 200 years, but in fact it's been at war with the entire culinary world since like 449.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Y'all will poo poo on Gordon when he makes the best looking grilled cheese I've ever seen, with fresh, simple, homemade ingredients, but defend him when he makes a loving French fry white bread sandwich. Absolute madness.

Both of these things are bad.
The fish fingers look pretty good, tho. And the fries, too. Not sure why he ruined them by putting them between two dry slices of bread.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I just watched my girlfriend spread black pudding on toast and then put an egg on top and eat it.

I am in awe.

But uh, black pudding isn't spreadable?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

HookedOnChthonics posted:

this is a very strange hangup that would cause you to miss out on a lot of amazing deli sandwiches

and also this

I have had crisps as a side for dinner. But it was definitely after I gave up on life.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
No, french fries are definitely also juvenile and insulting, just not quite "given up on life"-tier.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Cum won't give you salmonella.

Depends on who you're blowing.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I did it. I defeated the final boss of Skellefteå: the Calskrove.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Just eat nutella out of the jar with a spoon like a normal person.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Spaghetti-Bolshevism

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Gravid Topiary posted:

imagine giving this one continuous lick all up the diameter

No.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Freaquency posted:

I always chuckle at this since the spice packet is probably better just because it hasn’t been sitting in a cabinet for 3 years like I’m sure those jars have. It’s all those things listed, but pre-measured and manufactured within the last calendar year
Idk, I don't think I have a single jar of spice in my house that's older than maybe 8 or 9 months.
The packet is also sold at hundreds of % markup and only sufficient for a very specifically sized batch of chili, so tbh the comic guy is right even if he's cringe.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I feel like cocktail means something different over there

Kuksvans.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I've never had the misfortune of eating it, but fairy bread sounds to me like just eating sugar out of the bag with extra steps.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Pasta shapes are almost completely interchangeable. The one thing more insane to have a strong opinion on than coke/pepsi.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

It's just a weird haggis.

Regular haggis is weird haggis. The rice thing actually looks good.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Dylan Hollis is an international treasure. I love him.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

I loving hate every single one of the tiktok food waste videos. I mean I get that that's the point, they're supposed to just outrage people for views. But they offend me so much more than every single other thing in this thread.

They're all the exact same.

How is it food waste if you literally eat it? Like yeah it's not how I would've prepared my ground beef, eggs and potato chips, but I'd still eat it after making it for clout.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Raw potatoes aren't good, and I don't eat them, but the taste is just kinda bland, not offensive.

Honestly I can kinda see the appeal compared to boiled potatoes, the blandest carb.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I just use my hand mixer for mashed potatoes. No idea why you'd want a separate tool for that.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Imagine breaking your dick bone.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If you gave me a bag of chicken feet and forced me to find a way to cook them, I'd probably just make stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
"enjoy"