Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Enfys posted:

Happy America day

I want to believe this is made from Cotton Candy grapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

....why....why is there a sexy pig on that jar?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Sausage gravy is a gift from the heavens.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Pitaya is what's making it that color. Pitaya powder is super popular for coloring stuff like smoothie bowls and milkshakes pink, like butterfly pea flower powder for 'mermaid' blue stuff.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

This has been on my knitting backlog for...a while.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I would probably go to town on that Turkey Dressing Bake, when I was still eating meat.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I am intrigued by the soy sauce flavor. Soy sauce goes surprisingly well with vanilla ice cream, so might as well just simplify matters.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've made rainbow bread, though not in bun form, and that probably tastes VERY artificial. It takes a ton of coloring to make the colors that strong.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Definitely needs way more seasoning, but otherwise doesn't strike me as any worse than SOS.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

All canola oil is rapeseed oil, but not all rapeseed oil is canola oil. Canola is specifically from cultivars bred to have low erucic acid.

AngryRobotsInc has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Aug 14, 2022

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

North American name, yeah (it’s a Canadian trademark first registered in 1978–“Can” for “Canada”, “ola” for “oil”.)

Specifically food grade rapeseed oil, from different cultivars bred to be low in erucic acid. All canola is rapeseed oil, but not all rapeseed oil is canola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

VictualSquid posted:

It does not look like that is true these days. Nobody is planting high-acid rapeseed, so all rapeseed oil is canola oil. Even the wikipedia article for rapeseed oil just pretends that there is rapeseed oil in other countries, while those languages' wikipedia don't even have articles for it.

High-acid rapeseed oil is in use in industrial industries, though not to as great a degree in the past.