Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ok I’ll gently caress with this though? Some ugnsbakad lax? Hell yes???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Shellception posted:

Those look like peeled, boiled potatoes with some kind of aioli sauce on top (the homemade-ish one, not the industrial mayo-looking thing) and herbs. Would in a hearbeat!

If it’s what I think it is, it’s romsås - crème fraiche, mayo, dill, red onions and roe!

And yeah it’s solid with potatoes and lax

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve never once seen a Swede eat that, ditto with flygandejakob.

I assume it’s because of the neurotoxin that I will emanate as a New Yorker if that abomination is in my presence.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mymla posted:

Banana on pizza is bad, but whatever. The real swedish pizza crime is more subtle:

I was making pizza with some friends a few years ago and when I put the canned tomatoes in a pot and started making tomato sauce, they looked at me like I was insane and wondered why I didn't just drop the tomatoes on the pizza without any salt or spices whatsoever.

These are the same people who refuse to salt their pasta water and ask in a hushed voice "are you like one of those people who like their beef a bit... pink?".

I made garlic bread for a party last week and it was a hit because like, it wasn’t the take and bake crap. It had spices and discernible garlic. What a loving concept.

I also made two shark coochie boards for said party and I had to yell at everyone to eat. I try to reign in quirks that reveal I am American, but nuh uh if I’m hosting a party. If I am hosting a party, I am hosting a loving party.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

sweaty ham

E: hamsweats

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like the British flag is redundant

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/alangdon17/status/1551252071185276928?t=OCgpvYIghufOa41jnmZbAw&s=19

I don't know where else to post this, but as it's terrible and food-related, this seemed like the right thread.

I love them

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So Florida has what is known as cottage industries or something like that, that WOULD protect what she’s doing if:

- labeling was correct
- she didn’t sell over state lines
- she literally didn’t sell sauce

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Taco Bell would do gangbusters in Sweden and I’m floored as to why they aren’t in the Nordics. Svennetacos are not good.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mymla posted:

Do not believe the witch's lies.

I’ve had a wide variety of tacos around the world and svennetacos are not good

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

A less know part of the Swedish pizza experience: it’s always served with a side of ’pizza salad’. A simple salad of finely shredded cabbage, olive oil, vinegar and salt & pepper. Sometimes oregano or tarragon. It’s light and refreshing, and endemic to Sweden.

I’ve yet to have good pizza in Sweden that I didn’t make myself, but I can gently caress with pizzasallad - just not with pizza or kebab. It is pretty solid.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

von Braun posted:

Will have you deported for having effed up taste and and enemy to our fine food culture, tyvm.

Can’t deport me, I’m behind two citizenships

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Drinkslinger posted:

Reminds me of the guy who put a Big Mac in an air fryer for two hours:

https://twitter.com/KLobstar/status/1477356741826383874

I hate that I would watch a show that just shows me food in an air fryer for two hours.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ingredients:
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 ounces blanched almonds
  • 2 medium-size apples
  • 2 ounces honey
  • 1/2 vanilla pod
  • 2 cigarettes

I kind of feel a kinship with this recipe

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I thought this was a strawberry shortcake ice cream loaf and immediately became quite disappointed

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

I don’t eat meat anymore, but drat I will defend gratinerad falukorv! :sweden:

Falukorv is in my “there is no preparation on earth that’ll convince me this is good” tier. It just tastes like thick hot dog water.

E: yes in pyttipanna too. sweet, wholesome pyttipanna did nothing to deserve it

teen witch has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Aug 26, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Smörgåstårta is awful but I can see a direct line from that to Midwestern casseroles, another type of dish I mostly hate.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
awooooooo

uber_stoat posted:

Porklords of London.

awooooooo

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The 9/11 cocktail reminds me of something.

LI born and raised and 9/11 is a bit of a bummer, because it was like, everyone just lost their poo poo at once, the city is so close, a lot of people knew someone who died, etc. Never forget, ever or so help you. Nonstop reminders of sudden violent death.

So last year was the 20th anniversary and I met up with some friends, and decided to have a few drinks. A few turned into a lot of strong tiki themed cocktails, we all got shithoused and had a gently therapeutic “poo poo just kept getting worse?” kvetch. Waiting for the train home and I puked on a friend.

One key detail, it was a goon meet

E: never forget

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I had the good graces to puke in a train station at midnight thank you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
come on in

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxgKw_7XRbA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Tycker att det är dags att ta en liten besök

teen witch has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Sep 17, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
does anyone actually like now n laters?

starbursts desiccated twin

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Spag Bol sounds like a slur.

For what marginalized group? Couldn’t tell you. But it’s got that vibe where you can imagine someone screaming it at you out of a car.

E: lmao guess what my partner is making. Slurs for dinner. You all did this.

teen witch has a new favorite as of 09:37 on Sep 26, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

This IG account is a gem

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I love you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The whole Digital Commonwealth page is an absolute goldmine for a whole bevy of things, including unsettling Cold War food

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Mushrooms is all about preparation. Plain rear end portabello? gently caress you. Nasty.

Duxelles or some in a poke bowl? I’m listening

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hey everyone, cocktails are ready *cracks raw egg for final garnish*

Fy fan va äcklig

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

I feel like cocktail means something different over there

Awful overly sugary nightmare or a stare from a bartender.

On the other hand I’ve learned how to make my own cocktails, and exactly what I like (it is not this seafood abomination)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012