Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

PurpleXVI posted:

Sorry but what the gently caress?

Some sort of hosed up gluten free or keto pancakes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

EAT THE DANGEROUS SAUCE

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkgpq8/let-me-eat-the-tiktok-pink-sauce

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I use canned mushrooms a lot because I am lazy and there is no excuse on earth to drain the liquid into the sink instead of into your mouth. It's delicious and why waste it?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If they're going to get cooked down anyway? Who cares? Toss a can into that sauce.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Canned mushrooms are fine but taste nothing like fresh ones cooked, much like green beans.

Canned Vs. Fresh Mushrooms feels to me like the bacon bits Vs. Bacos debate, in that they each have their use and place but people will defend to the death making the wrong choice because "ew."

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Failing that you can always snort a line of it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

A couple days ago, my 5yo daughter asked me for mayo on bread. I stopped dead, like "are you... sure? No lunchmeat, no cheese, you don't want a PBJ, you want... a mayo sandwich?" She responded emphatically in the affirmative, and happily ate a mayonnaise sandwich. I'm glad she ate, at least.

At least it wasn't Ranch?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I this makes me deeply uncomfortable in ways I cannot even begin to describe. I just don't seem to have the vocabulary for it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

FFT posted:

Well hurry up, your foreskin yolk is ready for you

"foreskin yolk" is a pro-tier username

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Just saw this in the Random Waffleimages thread:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

No one knows what causes scurvy. It's a mystery.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Do you like potatoes? Do you eat them raw?

There is someone on this site who eats raw potatoes. I can't remember their username or I would be naming and shaming.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please update if you remember, that sounds like clear 100k-er material for sure.

It was someone in the GBS r/relationships thread and it definitely is

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If you can taste the metally/chemically bitterness of LSD over the taste of coffee you got some skills. If your hot coffee doesn't destroy the fragile LSD you are magic.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

One of the nice ladies at the liquor store gave me a Twinkies flavored and a Girl Scout Thin Mint flavored candy cane and they scare me. I have not tasted them.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

eating only apples posted:

My friend was late to work recently because his dog ate an entire bag of potatoes and had to be rushed to the vets

yes it was a labrador why do you ask

(she's fine)

Enter AFP incarnate, Max the badly-trained Malamute. His list of kills included (but was not limited to):

1 60 watt incandescent light bulb
1 full grown Robin (the bird) swallowed live and whole
enough ketchup packets to have ketchup packet poops
1 giant glob of wasabi
1 6 pack disposable razors
1/4oz weed

i am stopping here not because i have ran out of things to list but because it's bedtime. i really wish i remembered what thread i'm in. cya tomorrow goons! god bless

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1602474635253235712

There's a solid chance I would happily sit there eating this on crackers, surreptitiously and behind locked doors :sweatdrop:

Pretty much every grocery store sells an in-house made version of this, and while it's never great? Sometimes it just hits right. Making it at home is the pro-move though.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Per the poster, a styrofoam cone with lettuce hot glued to it.

WTF hot glue will melt foam and probably do horrible things to the lettuce. Use Tacky Glue or Elmer's or something that isn't hot. I don't want melted foam outgassing onto my shrimp.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

pizza, fries, jackfruit

I was scrolling down and pleasantly surprised to discover this wasn't soaking in a giant Bloody Mary.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Pretty sure that's all just fancy agar. Wouldn't personally eat it but it's just fancy Jello Jigglers.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My cat is currently going through some... issues, and so I've been having to try a bunch of diff wet foods for her. I've been sampling them myself because a LOT of them smell delicious. I've yet to run across one that wouldn't work as human food if you added some salt and pepper.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I knew guys in college who would snort vodka. Seemed like a bad time.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

My friend makes curry sloppy joes

Divine [when stoned]

White Castle currently is doing 3? diff Sloppy Joes and part of me wants to try them but part of me is afraid.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Cumin is one of the best spices.

Up there with basil and various types of chili.

Mmmm yeah baby Cumin my tacos.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I have been informed by someone far more Polish than I am (100% vs 25%) that Paczki is PLURAL and I should call the individual pastries Paczek. She threatened violence if I didn't clean up my pidgin Polish. It is a "Paczek burger."

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

zedprime posted:

Have you considered the easier fix is to use one each for the bottom and top bun?

Goons have all the best answers.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

The worst part is making the duck tea

A proper duck press is expensive. Check Amazon some of them sell for thousands. Lotta money for duck tea.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Brought to you by a very industrious dung beetle

A big chunk of childhood memories just came crashing into my head. Thanks? I think?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Dareon posted:

Like are the walls of that tureen that thick, or is that a lip hiding an unknown world of noodles?

It is a mass of noodles. Noodles are cheap!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Four Loko came up in another thread and it's pretty disgusting as is. That reminded me that for the first year or so of production it had taurine, guarana, caffeine and WORMWOOD in it. Four ingredients, one of which makes you crazy like Absinthe does! Clever. It was disgusting. Also super healthy cause the thujone in the wormwood is a GABA receptor antagonist. GABA receptor antagonists act as stimulants, and increase the chance of having convulsions. Mix that with an opposite GABA drug, alcohol, and a second stimulant, caffeine, package in cheap 16oz cans. They removed it because it was too expensive, not because of any known issues, and, to get back to my point, that was most likely because no one ever drank more than one or two cans because it was disgusting.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Buddy I got some bad news for you about Malört.

Malört tastes better than the original Four Loko and is somewhat safer. I got no beef with Malört.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

prayer group posted:

hey man you are dramatically misinformed about absinthe. no absinthe has a high enough concentration of wormwood to induce thujone poisoning. people act all crazy drinking absinthe because it has a lot of alcohol in it. by the time you ingest enough absinthe for the thujone to have a significant effect you'll be dead several times over from the alcohol. don't be dramatic.

I was very much joking about Absinthe making people crazy. I should have been more clear. At best/worst I would expect slight stimulation long before convulsions which would be long after the alcohol knocked you out. Most people don't drink Absinthe at all and those who do don't drink it in quantity. I've never felt the effects but I've only had lovely Absinthe so who knows how much thujone was in there.

Four Loko decided that exposing the masses to a cheap and easy and fun way to dose themselves with a GABA receptor antagonist in order to maybe provide a slightly better buzz was a great idea. That could be real bad news if you've got a seizure disorder.

It was vile and left you with a vicious hangover, worse than caffeine and caffeine free Four Loko, MUCH worse than Absinthe and Malört. It tasted like a mix of aluminum can, artificial fruit flavor that tasted like rotting fruit smells, too much sugar, extremely cheap vodka, wormwood, taurine, guarana, and chewing on a caffeine pill. It was a potent mix of awful flavors.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Apparently modern kids do custom home brew Four Loco style beverages and call them Borgs:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/viral/tiktoks-borgs-college-parties-harm-reduction-rcna69521

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

People probably mostly act crazy drinking absinthe because in their heads absinthe rates somewhere between ayahuasca and secret CIA drugs and they psyche themselves up

I'm sure placebo plays an effect, and i'm sure the super high ABV contributes to how well it works on people who expect it to make them travel to magic lands of artistic inspiration. If you want the actual lovely thujone effects for some reason there are easier and safer ways than downing a bottle of 75% ABV liquor to get them.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Wormwood Four Loko 2005-2006, you will not be missed:

https://gothamist.com/food/four-loko-could-have-been-americas-absinthe

quote:

While they were in college, creators Jeff Wright, Jaisen Freeman and Chris Hunter began making money selling a Thai version of Red Bull to their frat brothers for $5, telling them it was "imported" when in fact they were just getting it at the Asian market down the street. Then Sparks, the nation's first caffeinated alcoholic drink, hit the stores and the three saw a chance to capitalize. So they called their beverage Four, after the fourth ingredient they would add to Sparks recipe of caffeine, guarana and taurine. That ingredient? Wormwood, they key ingredient in Absinthe.

Unfortunately, that plan didn't work. “Nobody wanted this thing,” Freeman said. “Nobody cared about wormwood. They didn’t even know what wormwood was." So they scrapped it and decided to focus on flavor and alcohol content. Thanks, uncultured America! The "loko" was added to the name once they decided to make it 12 percent ABV; Freeman said, “Let’s call it Four Loko. It’s a loko blend of fruit flavors.” And now you know.

The psychopharmacology of nutmeg is really neat. I've been lucky enough to do "pure" myristicin/elemicin extracted from nutmeg and it's is a very meh drug compared to nutmeg. I'm not sure how much others have expanded on this but I gotta go with the master. RIP Shulgin

"The Chemistry and Psychopharmacology of Nutmeg and of Several Related Phenylisopropylamines - ALEXANDER T. SHULGIN"

https://www.claudionaranjo.net/pdf_...nes_english.pdf

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I can't get the pics to work unfortunately, but I present to you "Cadbury Creme Egg Ice Cream:"

https://thebakingexplorer.com/creme-egg-ice-cream/

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hamburger with a creme egg center.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Vegan Tartar

That right there is pressure treated lumber, which despite the name, is not only modified via pressure. They also add ??? to it. It used to be treated with poo poo like arsenic and chromium but these days it's mostly copper compounds? Either way I wouldn't loving eat off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

This feels like a crime.

A crime I would happily commit.