Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

PurpleXVI posted:

Sorry but what the gently caress?
You know how there's normal Italian dressing and creamy Italian dressing?

Okay, now consider that regular ranch dressing is the "creamy" version, then consider what the non-creamy version would be like.

Then slop it on some very well-used sponges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

A bread bowl full of tomato soup is not pizza. "No pizza rules" doesn't apply here because it isn't even pizza
It's a literal pizza pie, imo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Bloop posted:

You didn't try it? Food for pets should be WAY LESS salty than for humans, mostly because of body mass

Also I'm nearly positive you can't actually smell salt (as in NaCl) in food so I'm not sure what you were detecting
Could just be association with the way stock smells.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Four-day-old pizza, even if it's been in the fridge, is usually all dried up and not good. Passable at best.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'll always appreciate that Baja Blast is the most Taco Bell of drinks:

It's just two ingredients they already had (syrups for Mountain Dew and Blue Powerade) mixed together into a new menu item.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Alhazred posted:

You can make bagels on your own you know. It's not even that hard.
Easy to gently caress up, though:

Ror posted:

Are they boiled? That the defining trait of a bagel and it’s why the mass produced ones are garbage (they’re steamed in one step, not baked then boiled). The boil gives them that nice crust with a sheen and almost a snap when you bite into them and then the inside is fluffy but still chewy.
Do not boil your bagels after you bake them as is implied here.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to light your guests on fire.
I literally ordered the Flamin' Hot Shot, though?

Also lol the big gout of fire at the end comes from the same guy that was already trying to put it out

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

hell, stick your whole head in the bucket, do it on the carpet, gently caress it.
dump it on the floor and wallow in it like a animal

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

... are those carrot shavings!?

... and cucumber!!??

Avocado, spinach, and arugula are fine, I guess, but what

oh no, is that a dollop of ranch dressing in the middle?

stringless has a new favorite as of 11:55 on Jul 27, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

The dollop in the middle is sour cream.
Maybe, but it's got dill in it.

Mega Comrade posted:

Not sure why you are horrified about carrot, it's in lots of mexican food.
:psyduck:

Yeah it's a vegetable staple that grows in Mexico but it is not a vegetable featured in traditionally Mexican foods

Like there are plenty of ways to prepare carrots in a Mexican food style, but who the gently caress puts carrot shavings in a taco!?

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:04 on Jul 27, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Yeah just fyi, Taco Bell in the US does not have fries.
Sometimes they do.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Loads of Mexican foods have carrots in them wtf are you on about. In tacos? Not sure
Once you typed to this point you could have gone "oh, hmmmm" instead.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol you stated carrots are not in traditional Mexican food, so what the gently caress do you know?
I said they aren't featured in traditionally Mexican foods and sure, yeah, that was hyperbole of course, but drat there's no need to defend carrot shavings on a taco pita thing that's also got squash in it

Anyway, I made a traditional fettucine alfredo:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Fettuccini Awfuckno
drat, you're right, I forgot the most important traditional ingredient:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kenning posted:

A piece of buttered sourdough toast with some fresh-ground pepper on the top is a delightful snack.
Not to disagree, but:

Not pictured: "some" "fresh-ground" pepper

Also I hope you're using salted butter

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kyte posted:

bbq is all over the world though, and the american version frankly is not even close to the best version of it
Yeah if it's specifically "American" BBQ

You've gotta get much more regional for the good stuff.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

A Little Caesar's opened up a few blocks away from me a couple of months ago. I've mostly resisted it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The oil didn't boil, it was frying the eggs

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Well, there's the Chicken Parmigiana they're all derived from, but that's usually "chicken parm" and not in that late-night food class generally

stringless has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Aug 3, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

cyberia posted:

They cut it with normal cutlery then switched to a plastic fork for the taste test :psyduck:
What? It's the same plastic fork they were using when they cut it

Granted, still hosed up, but it's not like they used a proper fork for the slicing then switched to a plastic one.

Also on further review it's definitely sliced by the same knife that was used to cut the hole in the raw steak, no bets regarding whether anyone did anything more than rinse it before using it on the "cooked" steak

stringless has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Aug 7, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

you guys might have covid, I had that a few weeks ago and couldn't taste for a while, and flavors were like error coding my brain.
I'm fairly certain the "cranberry Mike's Hard Lemonade and cucumber lime Gatorade throws a tastebud error code" thing predates covid

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

RoeCocoa posted:

Can confirm. About a decade ago, some of my friends improvised a mixed drink with the end of a bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry, the end of a bottle of Rose's Lime, and some spirits over ice, and then the four of us took turns trying to describe the taste and name the drink. It tasted the way a box of new crayons smells. I think it's the interaction between the cranberry and the lime that does it.
Maybe depending on the ratio, but Cosmopolitans and vodka cranberry with lime are pretty common and don't cause this

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

I this makes me deeply uncomfortable in ways I cannot even begin to describe. I just don't seem to have the vocabulary for it.
Well hurry up, your foreskin yolk is ready for you

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Look, beer brats are a thing, dude's just simplifying the process. Or flipping the process around, perhaps.

Also this definitely isn't the first time this or a functionally-identical video has popped up in this thread.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Maybe the Welsh just had really funky cheese in the early 20th century

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Bismuth posted:

I accidentally made pussy cookies and I'm so disappointed.
What the gently caress for??

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Dr Robotnik did nothing wrong
Yes he did, he failed to end Sonic's reign of food terror

That said, I don't think a hedgehog made that abomination

fucker could have at least worn some white gloves for verisimilitude, drat, step up your wasting food for clicks game verified Sonic account

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Three problems, here

1. The fact that Flamin' Hot Cool Ranch Doritos exist
2. The price
3. They SUCK like holy poo poo how did they gently caress this up so bad!? I'm pretty sure the only hints of Cool Ranch flavor are placebo

I bought them only because I was sure that #1 and #2 would be enough, I wasn't expecting #3

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Sekhmnet posted:

Maybe that was taken at a store in Alaska or some other BFE place where the price of food is crazy high.
Hawaii, yeah.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ror posted:

If you do that at a dinner party you have to put those timer mats in front of all the guests and let them compete to wolf them down the fastest.
Watch out or someone will memorize all of the eating methods to speedrun it, though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mymla posted:

I have had crisps as a side for dinner. But it was definitely after I gave up on life.
Apparently a whole bunch of y'all haven't noticed how good potato chips are as a dip delivery device.

Don't pretend you like plain fries/chips/crisps. Get some dill and sour cream together, hell it's good on flat potato slices and long potato slices!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

can't tell what the "pepperoni" is, otherwise this looks like a decent meal in a weird shape
Tomato jam with sesame seeds on?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Scarodactyl posted:

Very tangentially, does anyone know what happened to FizzyMercury?
They're still around and posting.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Oh. Saw the 9 and went "that's this month" without looking closely I guess

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's a hosed up version of elotes that'd still also be delicious, I'd be offended by the price then eat the hell out of it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have this old cookbook that’s Jack Daniel’s branded and supposedly written by the kitchen staff at the distillery and the Mac and cheese recipe in the book IIRC is to add some mustard powder to velveeta. :effort:
They've got some smart people at JD, then.

Mustard is great for anything cheese (besides notable outliers like cheesecake)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Dirty martini and meh chili?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I accidentally figured out sweet tarts and coke before mentos and diet coke started making the rounds

drat I kinda miss sweet tarts

they must just be sugar and citric acid and "flavors" but such is candy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

From the last thread:

FFT posted:

it's not bad tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There are some aspicts to this that do make sense.