Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Everyone’s favourite failed video coach Jack Han has a video up on Slafkovsky:

https://jhanhky.substack.com/p/juraj-slavkovsky-video-breakdown

I’d recommend skipping past his intro to when he actually starts breaking down clips (about 4:00).

tl;dr guy’s obviously really good, has a tendency to get puck focused/chasing and is north-south biased in ways that would need to be worked on for him to be crazy productive in the NHL, but imo that’s lots of guys at his age especially when they’re used to being big fish in lower-level teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

They actually did it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hahaha yessss

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Best draft in a while already

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lmao at the “hope they got a deal on the suits” hot mic

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Amazing. Incredible. What a draft

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Don’t stop believing is a good pick here

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jets going for elite name tool

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Fantastic to get rid of Mrazek’s awful contract but it’s a shame Dubas has to keep sacrificing good draft capital to cover for his signing mistakes

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The difference of 25 to 38 isn't much

It’s not, and I’m sure the Leafs made the move because they can get someone they were targeting that low. But that move is an extra pick in the third or fourth if Dubas didn’t have to make yet another bad contract disappear.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1545431623310655491?s=20&t=D6Y99fLZ9HUHoRh9T5fGKg

I’m not against this sort of evaluation, but when it’s the reason you draft a guy who isn’t a plus skater, isn’t a good puck carrier or playmaker, didn’t put up numbers with mixed reports on his shooting… like, what is this guy supposed to actually do on the ice? I made a crack in the Offseason thread but it’s literally video coaches hiring guys who think like video coaches, at some point in evaluation you have to ask yourself what all this anticipation is worth in a guy with little physical talent.

Not to mention in a world where it’s pretty well proven you can still sort Canadian juniors by PPG and do well in the draft, Leafs had to grab a guy in the early second who had 55 in 67 games in the Dub? He was projected in the third round by basically everyone. Just big-brain nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

lol what the gently caress does that have to do with playing hockey, which is entirely in the moment anticipation -- should be good for drafting video coaches though

I’ve fully converted into “Kyle Dubas is a bad GM” Leafs fandom. I hate it here.