Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

There is only one worthwhile draft pick this year: Rutger McGroarty.

Also thanks again for throwing a second round pick this year into that absolute train wreck of an OEL trade Jimbo. Miss ya bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

please do not trade for jt miller

Counterpoint: please do and include Jersey's 2023 first.

Seriously though, he's really good and would be terrific for a team like Jersey.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The "will Wright go #1?" stuff is just drumming up interest in a pretty drab draft. They do this every year.

Hopefully some fun trades will make up for what should be a pretty lacklustre first round.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I got beaten to the punch on the draft thread this year but I was gonna make the op just this gif

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why is the draft Thursday/Friday instead of Friday/Saturday like every other year

Because it's being shown on ESPN and Friday is a terrible night for television.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

What excuse are we gonna get for there being no real trades tomorrow? Cap uncertainty is out the window, can they work supply chain issues in somehow?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's draft day! Time for GMs to drag their feet about doing anything until they're all forced to be gathered on the draft floor at 5pm.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Two near busts for the second overall pick? Sounds like a deal to me! Great thinking Larry.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm getting impatient where are the trades?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Where the Miller trade at?

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/status/1545395960276082689?t=2nR2XDuoMc29TrXplfemSQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/status/1545396024688013313?t=pubn_95MERQc7E5s_RZSnA&s=19

Lol they blew it didn't they? God why did I expect any better from this group?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's clear they intended these scheduled media availabilities this morning to talk about the Miller trade and suddenly had nothing to say.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

His first name is Jorian

This is an alien race from a second rate sci fi video game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Boy was that an underwhelming 18 hours for Canucks fans.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

In 2007 the Canucks had 6 picks including 25th and 33rd overall and managed a grand total of zero NHL games from it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

I quickly scanned each team’s draft picks, so I may have missed something like this. I am impressed by how they managed to do that!

Not only did they manage 0 NHL games, those guys reached a combined 89 AHL games. None of them played a full season at the AHL level. Their first round pick (Patrick White) was traded to San Jose just so they could make no attempt to resign him and get a compensatory 2nd round pick.

In 2010 the Canucks had no selections until the 4th and managed 1 NHL game (from Alex Friesen playing for St. Louis) from five selections.

In 2016 the Canucks had six picks including 5th overall and they've played a combined 56 games. Juolevi will probably go back to Europe this summer and Lockwood might get a spot as the Canuck's 14th forward this year.

In 2020 the Canucks didn't have any picks until the 3rd round but none of their 5 selections from that season are expected to be signed just two years later.

In 2021 the Canucks had six picks with their first in the 2nd round. It's very early but aside from Danila Klimovich taken 41st overall, the remaining 5 selections are not expected to be signed just one year later.

The Canucks rule.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

We got six years of OEL from it so who's to say if it was bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

klimovich was a frequent scratch in the ahl. he's a longshot too

He was at least signed though. With regards to his development, he was an 18 year old in the AHL and stayed in the lineup most of the year. He's not likely to be anyone of consequence at the NHL level, but he's trending as well as can be expected given his draft position. He'll be back in the AHL this coming season and where he goes from there is anyone's guess. He's certainly not trending to be a bust quite yet. I still have no idea why they didn't send him to the QMJHL though.