Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just popping in to say that I'm pumped for the Stars newest addition. I mean he can't score or dish or do other hockey things but BIG BIG BIG CAN'T TEACH THAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

I'm of two minds on the topic.. on one hand Tampa Bay has had a tremendous amount of success featuring a blueline where 6'-1" 215 pound Ryan McDonagh was the small guy.

On the other hand, literally every other team that tries this crap blows up.

I am choosing to remain optimistic that the Stars scouts aren't bullshitting when they claim he's a much more dynamic player than the Jamie Oleksiaks and Jani Hakanpaas of the world.. If they can get a useful 2nd pairing defender that plays 20 minutes a night and does the dirty work for the team I guess that's a major success.

I would feel better about the pick if the Stars were doing bpa on day 2 and not taking a defenseman with every selection (including a guy who will turn 20 in November with their last selection in the 4th round)

Yeah, fair enough. Guess optimism is better for the sanity index.

I'm now excited for my big dumb defenceboy. Go Stars.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas, baby! Tell me how good my good big boi is!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Thanks!