Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Yaya posted:

It's just so weird to me that the Hawks are so desperate to get into the first round of this draft.

Debrincat can absolutely fetch a 2023 1st from somebody

Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense, especially when the Senators didn't include anything else of significant value. Friedman was just asked about it, and he said it feels like they just wanted to make this trade, even though there was no reason to force it. The prior rumors also seemed to indicate that Davidson was asking for a much better return than this, but looks like Ottawa called his bluff and then some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Well there's a center, Montreal...

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Has this ever happened before?

https://twitter.com/ByScottPowers/status/1545195170722873345?s=20&t=yX0VTdP2sQv-WZ_Wu_thVA

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I don't think they even had a goaler signed for next year

Yeah, they didn't have anyone signed. And I imagine that they will likely plan to trade Mrazek for another pick sometime in the future.