Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Pronman posted:

The slight majority of my information from league sources is Montreal will take Slafkovsky with the top pick, but there are still quite a few league personnel who believe it will be Shane Wright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

If Slaffy does go first, the Devils will have an interesting position. They really need a winger like him or a winger in general. I wonder if they'd think about trading down and getting an asset out of it, or just go with the top 3 down the middle and build around that.

if they don't take Wright they're loving nuts imo

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

I'm probably just ignorant at how good he is compared to someone like Cooley or other top 5 guys. It'll be pretty interesting to have 3 really young really good (if Wright pans out) centers who are very well cost-controlled.

Cooley would be acceptable as well. Maybe Nemec I guess although those #s seem inflated

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Rangers would be really dumb to sell low on Kakko but hopefully they do!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is trading Kakko for the 2ndOA pick really “selling low” on him? It’s pretty much the best case hypothetical trade involving him

no I just mean in general, they're not gonna get anything close to the 2OA for him right now that's a joke post by Brooksie

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm fine with Nemec. I probably would have been fine with like Nemec/Wright/Slaf/Cooley. Jiricek seemed like a bit of a reach.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
boys we're back on that NHLe poo poo

https://twitter.com/ByronMBader/status/1545190722009124864

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

quote:

Before Round 1 got under way at the Bell Centre, the talk was the New Jersey Devils made a pitch to the Flames for Tkachuk that included the No. 2 selection overall. The deal didn’t come to fruition and the Flames went out of their way to try to shut down any Tkachuk talk.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1545431623310655491?s=20&t=D6Y99fLZ9HUHoRh9T5fGKg

I’m not against this sort of evaluation, but when it’s the reason you draft a guy who isn’t a plus skater, isn’t a good puck carrier or playmaker, didn’t put up numbers with mixed reports on his shooting… like, what is this guy supposed to actually do on the ice? I made a crack in the Offseason thread but it’s literally video coaches hiring guys who think like video coaches, at some point in evaluation you have to ask yourself what all this anticipation is worth in a guy with little physical talent.

Not to mention in a world where it’s pretty well proven you can still sort Canadian juniors by PPG and do well in the draft, Leafs had to grab a guy in the early second who had 55 in 67 games in the Dub? He was projected in the third round by basically everyone. Just big-brain nonsense.

lol what the gently caress does that have to do with playing hockey, which is entirely in the moment anticipation -- should be good for drafting video coaches though

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

Boy was that an underwhelming 18 years for Canucks fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Mike Works posted:

“Minten says the Leafs showed him video during their meetings. They would show a play and then the screen would go black. They’d ask him what he thought would happen next before showing the result.”

Get bounced from the first round?

Holden: You're in a zone, skating along the boards, when all of a sudden you look down...

Leon: What one?

Holden: What?

Leon: What zone?

Holden: It doesn't make any difference what zone, it's completely hypothetical.