Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going #1 overall?
Juraj Slafkovsky, LW
Shane Wright, C
Logan Cooley, C
David Jiricek, D
The Field
View Results

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME
Can’t wait to see who the rangers draft!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

stab posted:

Ahh yes high school players they always end up being the best player of the draft

Jay feaster, an idiot.

Chris Kreider scored 52 goals!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

WeaponX posted:

Rangers plz!

Pronman gives them a B-

Liked what they did but they get dinged for not having the high picks. Basically sounds like they picked some guys who have a shot at being decent bottom six guys but when you're picking that late in the draft it's a crapshoot

quote:

The Rangers didn’t have many high picks, but the few they had, I liked what they did. I think both Adam Sykora and Bryce Mcconell-Barker have legit chances to become NHL players, even if likely at the bottom of a lineup.

quote:

63. Adam Sykora, LW, NITRA (SLOVAKIA)

September 7, 2004 | 5′ 10″ | 172 pounds

Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Background: Sykora played well versus men and in international play this season. He got a regular shift on a top club team in Slovakia’s pro league. He also represented Slovakia at the U18, U20 and senior team levels.

Analysis: Sykora has good puck skills, vision, a high compete level and has shown at an early age he can be a versatile player versus pros. Sykora is 5-foot-10, though, and while he has decent skating ability and some offense, the question is whether that tool kit has enough to it for him to be a full-time NHL player. He is one of the youngest players in the draft class, so there is room for projection and I could see him getting some games.

quote:

97. Bryce Mcconnell-Barker, C, SAULT STE. MARIE (OHL)

June 4, 2004 | 6′ 1″ | 193 pounds

Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: NHL average
Shot: Above NHL average

Background: Mcconnell-Barker was a notable player for the Soo this season and was a regular on the power play. His point totals don’t stand out but they had a deep offensive team and he was often on the second power-play unit. He was invited to Canada’s U18 camp in the summer and was the fourth pick in his OHL Draft.

Analysis: Mcconell-Barker is a talented offensive player. He shows strong puck skills and overall creativity as a playmaker. He can pick corners and find seams off the half-wall and create off the rush with his skill and vision. He lacks speed for the NHL, but he works hard enough off the puck and will earn the trust of coaches. He projects as a full-time bottom-six forward whether at center or the wing.

quote:

111. Noah Laba, C, LINCOLN (USHL)

August 4, 2003 | 6′ 2″ | 191 pounds

Analysis: Noah Laba is a big, competitive center with some skill but scouts are concerned by his skating.

159. Vittorio Mancini, RHD, NEBRASKA-OMAHA (NCHC)

May 26, 2002 | 6′ 3″ | 215 pounds

Analysis: Victor Mancini is an impressive athlete who is big and skates well enough for his frame. The puck-moving/offense is the big question in his game.

quote:

161. Maxim Barbashev, LW, MONCTON (QMJHL)

December 18, 2003 | 6′ 1″ | 183 pounds

Tier: Has a chance to play games

Skating: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: Below NHL average
Compete: NHL average

Background: Barbashev, the brother of Blues forward Ivan Barbashev, scored at a solid rate and was an important player for Moncton this season. His scoring rate dipped a bit from his previous season in Moncton, when he was a point-per-game player in 10 games.

Analysis: Barbashev is a skilled, competitive forward. There are moments you watch him and he can excite you with some of the plays he can make. My concern with him is a lack of speed and while he has some offense, he doesn’t drive the play or see the ice at a high level.

quote:

191. Zakary Karpa, C, HARVARD (ECAC)

March 25, 2002 | 6′ 2″ | 185 pounds

Analysis: Karpa is a highly competitive forward with size, but whether he has the pure speed and skill to be an NHL player will be his challenge.

Also, if you did not know, Karpa is the son of Dave Karpa, who played for the Rangers back in the Dark Years.

https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1545481424299589634?cxt=HHwWhIC85djK0_IqAAAA

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

WeaponX posted:

I love that NYR drafted someone named Vitorrio Mancini.

Someone's gotta fill the "Vinnie Letteri/Frank Vatrano void"