Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Teek posted:

Outside feeds have been down due to wall yellers. Forced BB to play loud music to drown them out. As a result, we still don't know if Terrance used veto or not. Spoiler rumor was that he did on Turner and put up Kyle, but no confirmation yet.

Haven't been watching the feeds, while I'm happy about that, what was the thought process? He seemed pretty certain earlier.

Also lol at the backyard group turning into a torture camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So literally half the house has been forced to stay outside for a week loving straight?! What the the gently caress. That SUCKS

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

So literally half the house has been forced to stay outside for a week loving straight?! What the the gently caress. That SUCKS

It’s preparation for Naked and Afraid

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

1glitch0 posted:

Haven't been watching the feeds, while I'm happy about that, what was the thought process? He seemed pretty certain earlier.

No idea, thanks to the wall yellers, outside feeds have been down for days.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Where'd the spoiled rumor come from? I hope it's true!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There are a couple of semi-reliable Twitter posters.

Outside feeds finally came back an hour or so ago, looks like the rumor was true and Kyle is on the block. The reason he’s up is still tbd.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

There are a couple of semi-reliable Twitter posters.

Outside feeds finally came back an hour or so ago, looks like the rumor was true and Kyle is on the block. The reason he’s up is still tbd.

haha awesome. thanks for keeping us updated, teek. much appreciated.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Guessing it's an "inside plan" by Kyle and Terrance to appeal to the Brochellas. I believe there was a conversation between the two before the feeds went down concerning that. Joseph seemed pretty sullen and desperate last night and kept pitching his case to Terrance who would just respond with "Yup. Yup. I got you" over and over.

Bummer. Among other things, I hate that loving bucket hat.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

A week of camping has driven Joseph insane:

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1562530439063281664?t=ByqZk5bJD4iQ0Sp6AvQmVQ&s=19

Based on Kyle and Joseph's pitches it looks like the Leftovers are dead with the targets being Michael and Taylor, or it could just be talk to stay in Terrance's good graces.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 24, 2022

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I've been half-joking, but Terrance actually is very good at this game. Just like Turner, he's using his HoH to completely turn his game around. He's getting so much compromising information on everyone outside and he knows how to use it.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The edit is making this out like Joe flubbed his pitch, but it seems to me that the pitch was doomed from the start. Kyle has a guaranteed vote and Terrance has so much leverage over Kyle that he would never pass up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Turner won HOH again. It was apparently the tiny stacking comp from the most recent All Stars.

He seems to be going back on the After Party and potentially nominating Terrance and Alyssa to stay loyal to Leftovers.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Seems more like he's nomming Taylor/Brit for a Michael backdoor

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yep, Kyle got up early this morning and put work in to turn him back around.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Dang, if Michael ends up going that's a significant blow to my interest in the season. Not sure who I'm rooting for at that point.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Michael got picked for veto, so he has a shot.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

And the shot was good! Michael won veto. Big question will be who he takes down, and who Turner puts up. They really need to press him to back door Kyle.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

And the shot was good! Michael won veto.

Haha of course he did.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

If Kyle goes up and out this week, I think I would be good for the rest of the season, as I’d really only see Alyssa as a bad winner at this point. Even Terrance had a winner stock improvement. And Kyle isn’t a bad strategic player, he’s just been a bit of a poo poo person.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

If Kyle goes up and out this week, I think I would be good for the rest of the season, as I’d really only see Alyssa as a bad winner at this point. Even Terrance had a winner stock improvement. And Kyle isn’t a bad strategic player, he’s just been a bit of a poo poo person.

Is Kyle going up possible? Did Turner flip back?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Nothing is set, there is still a day for the insiders to work on Turner. Expect those conversations today. They might focus on getting Terrance up.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

There are a lot of ways this could play out. Michael has to choose whether to save Taylor or Brittany. He's partnered with Brit all season, but Taylor is a much more useful ally, possibly enough to win Brit's vote.

Then, Turner has to make a big choice. Monte's been playing both sides of the house, but I think he would stick with Taylor whether she's on or off the block. The question is whether the After Party can read Monte. If Turner puts up Monte, then the After Party can choose who goes home. If he puts up anyone else, that person is probably getting evicted unless Monte goes rogue. In the case where Monte goes up, whether Michael chooses Brittany or Taylor is almost immaterial, since he would rather take either of them than Monte, but that's still a big problem for his game going forward.

Right now, I think Turner would be foolish to put anyone other than Monte on the block. However, Michael does have an ace up his sleeve: he and Brittany are the only ones who know about Kyle's paranoia about the Cookout 2.0 and his proposed Klan alliance. If they can successfully leverage this against Kyle and turn Terrance and/or Turner, they can boot Kyle. This is Michael's plan for the veto, and right now he's focused on striking back against Turner and Kyle. And all the while, Terrance is sitting pretty.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

pospysyl posted:

proposed Klan alliance.

Wait what?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ha, came in here expecting bad news and was pleasantly surprised

Is Michael one of the biggest comp beasts in history? It feels like they don't play it up that much on the show, but dude has won so much so fast.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

ShakeZula posted:

Ha, came in here expecting bad news and was pleasantly surprised

Is Michael one of the biggest comp beasts in history? It feels like they don't play it up that much on the show, but dude has won so much so fast.

They might on Wednesday. He's now tied for the most veto wins in BB US history (in a season) and there are still 8 people left.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Wait what?

It's a bit of hyperbole, but Kyle was scared of the Cookout happening again so he wanted an alliance of white people to take them all out first.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well the Kyle info session to Turner was held, and for now, he seemed open to putting up Kyle. Turner and Monte basically agreed that the Kyle race alliance thing isn’t something someone would just be making up out of nowhere.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Kyle was talking about self-evicting. It's pretty unlikely as his contract would take him to the cleaners, but he hasn't been seen on feeds for a while.

As for the show, so cool that they're bringing this comp back! I hope it becomes a mainstay.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I didn’t see the Kyle thing in question but everything I read makes it sound more like paranoia about last season than anything actually malicious.

I mean, he’s dumb as gently caress for saying anything about it regardless, but was it actually a hatred-based thing?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The insiders' gambit worked and Kyle is on the block. Apparently there was a :siren: house meeting :siren: that didn't make it on to feeds, so look forward to that.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I didn’t see the Kyle thing in question but everything I read makes it sound more like paranoia about last season than anything actually malicious.

I mean, he’s dumb as gently caress for saying anything about it regardless, but was it actually a hatred-based thing?

I don't know about "hatred" (although he did want to call the alliance "the Silent Majority"), but it's not like paranoia or fear are unimpeachable motivations. If a cop kills a black kid and says that they were scared that the kid was going to beat them up or shoot them, you can believe the cop's fear was genuine and still call him a racist because most of the time that fear is completely irrational. Obviously that's a much more serious example, but in this specific case Kyle's concern about a Cookout 2.0 was just as ridiculous. It was very clear that Terrance, Jasmine, and Indy were not working with Monte and Taylor. Even giving Kyle the benefit of the doubt, the only thing linking all of those players together is race.

On some level, though, I do feel bad for Kyle because trying to win a game show really isn't that malicious and the amount of attention he's getting is disproportionate to his level of offense. I don't know much about Kyle's background, but he's probably not prepared for this level of heat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pospysyl posted:

The insiders' gambit worked and Kyle is on the block. Apparently there was a :siren: house meeting :siren: that didn't make it on to feeds, so look forward to that.

I don't know about "hatred" (although he did want to call the alliance "the Silent Majority"), but it's not like paranoia or fear are unimpeachable motivations. If a cop kills a black kid and says that they were scared that the kid was going to beat them up or shoot them, you can believe the cop's fear was genuine and still call him a racist because most of the time that fear is completely irrational. Obviously that's a much more serious example, but in this specific case Kyle's concern about a Cookout 2.0 was just as ridiculous. It was very clear that Terrance, Jasmine, and Indy were not working with Monte and Taylor. Even giving Kyle the benefit of the doubt, the only thing linking all of those players together is race.

On some level, though, I do feel bad for Kyle because trying to win a game show really isn't that malicious and the amount of attention he's getting is disproportionate to his level of offense. I don't know much about Kyle's background, but he's probably not prepared for this level of heat.

Thanks. That alliance name is....oof.

And he grew up Mormon, so no, he's probably not ready at all and is likely going to talk himself into a deeper hole.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

He thought Indy was in the secret black person alliance?

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

He thought Indy was in the secret black person alliance?
his fear was that the people with “diverse backgrounds” and a unique reason for being on the show were in an alliance- he specifically said his reason for including Indy was her constantly talking about being the first BB contestant from Brazil.

I wish (but don’t dare to hope) CBS would give us some no-filler TV episodes that capture how remarkable the past ~36 hours of feeds have been- not to mention the 60% of that time they’ve been down. It really encapsulated so many aspects of the destructive power of racism. It was pretty devastating watching Monte realize that all the work he put in to his relationship with Kyle meant nothing, never could have meant anything, he was always going to be suspicious because of the color of his skin. And at the same time as it was a demonstration of white privilege, it’s also a good case study on how racism sometimes fucks up white people over by causing them to misrecognize their potential allies and antagonists (thinking of this in a working class politics sense). Kyle was in an EXCELLENT position in the house and he basically self-sabatoged because his racist, paranoid rear end could not imagine that the POCs working with him, were actually working with him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

QUEER FRASIER posted:

his fear was that the people with “diverse backgrounds” and a unique reason for being on the show were in an alliance- he specifically said his reason for including Indy was her constantly talking about being the first BB contestant from Brazil.

I wish (but don’t dare to hope) CBS would give us some no-filler TV episodes that capture how remarkable the past ~36 hours of feeds have been- not to mention the 60% of that time they’ve been down. It really encapsulated so many aspects of the destructive power of racism. It was pretty devastating watching Monte realize that all the work he put in to his relationship with Kyle meant nothing, never could have meant anything, he was always going to be suspicious because of the color of his skin. And at the same time as it was a demonstration of white privilege, it’s also a good case study on how racism sometimes fucks up white people over by causing them to misrecognize their potential allies and antagonists (thinking of this in a working class politics sense). Kyle was in an EXCELLENT position in the house and he basically self-sabatoged because his racist, paranoid rear end could not imagine that the POCs working with him, were actually working with him.

Haha wow.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Thanks. That alliance name is....oof.

And he grew up Mormon, so no, he's probably not ready at all and is likely going to talk himself into a deeper hole.

He has also referred only to the POC HGs as "loud, "aggressive," and "alphas" as well as saying that he once felt like he was "about to get jumped" during a discussion with them. He uses this with Taylor and Monte a lot and those two are not anything like what he says.
This week he started calling Joseph a scumbag and a villain.

He's a racist.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

So Alyssa spent the last couple days talking about how disgusted she is with Kyle, that they are "broken up" and will see what happens months from now, crying, saying she thought he knew him, that he lied to her the entire game, made comments about being unwilling to protect her in the game as well as trying to cope with the exposure of his ridiculous racial claims.

And then last night they ended up having sex again.

gently caress these people.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

They made this episode into a Kyle redemption arc.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Kind of a lame redemption arc if you just skip past anything that makes Kyle look bad. The house meeting and the convos leading up to it weren't on the feeds and based on everyone's reactions they sounded so much more contentious than what we've seen tonight. Like, after the conversation in the Have Not room everyone was so mad at Kyle that he wanted to self evict. We didn't see any part of that conversation that would have provoked that reaction or prompted Kyle to apologize for it.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
this show officially fuckin sucks lmao, it has boxed itself in to an unwinnable position, and it will only repeat itself year after year. the cat ladies have taken over

i don’t mean it sucks because of kyle prostrating himself specifically, I don’t really give a poo poo whether he stays or goes, but production has made it clear how they are willing to be swayed

Ace Jameson fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, it’s a failure from a lot of angles. Show failure for now showing this stuff more as it was happening, and feeds failure for always cutting away from the conversations.