Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

1glitch0 posted:

I think Daniel could make a very good argument that he should be swapped into Kyle's spot in the alliance. His pitch could be that he is proven to be loyal and not squirrely, he won't gently caress and/or get distracted by Alyssa, and he's better at comps.

This is a very good strategy and Daniel will never think to do it

At this point I think he'd rather get tossed out of the house on his rear end than work with Monte & Co.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If Daniel was the slightest bit likeable he could have escaped the block. Lots of people were looking for reasons to keep him, including Michael himself, but Daniel is just so unpleasant to interact with that no one could justify it.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

pospysyl posted:

If Daniel was the slightest bit likeable he could have escaped the block. Lots of people were looking for reasons to keep him, including Michael himself, but Daniel is just so unpleasant to interact with that no one could justify it.

Watching Daniel and Terrance has been nauseating this week. I am ready for the Karaoke DJ to go, as well.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Leave it to Big Brother to take something organically funny—Taylor having a bag of chips on her 24/7—and just run it into the ground.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
All these messages to Daniel are loving hilarious. Taylors message was ice cold.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I’m surprised Michael got his. I, like a few others in the house, didn’t realize the Gordon Ramsey bread meme gif was happening to Julie.

Edit: wall comp going on, Jasmine out first as soon as show ended.

Brittany was next, followed not long after by Terrance.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 12, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hail Satan Taylor won HOH

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yay for Taylor, oh no if that means she can’t compete in the new 5/5 separate groups twist next week.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Watching Turner walk right past Daniel before he could walk out the door made me crack up. He is great at lowkey shade.

Daniel's face when Julie brought up the bathroom incident was perfection.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Svanja posted:

Daniel's face when Julie brought up the bathroom incident was perfection.

the face of someone who's realizing they created the majority alliance, it was against THEM specifically

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

In his interviews today, Daniel is giving the expected "I was passionate about defending my final 2 but I should have not let my emotions get the better of me and taken it out on Taylor" rinse and repeat.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Indy and Terrance nominated after somewhat questionable HOH talks to the non Leftovers by Taylor. Just making dumb promises and not really thinking through what she needed to do. Considering putting up Turner for no reason, and even floating putting up both Turner and Monte initially… which she told them directly, which doesn’t make any sense if some non-Leftover wins veto. Thankfully it seems like they talked her through what might be better.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Appears that Kyle won veto.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

It was so stupid for Kyle to win that veto. He's spent the entire weekend telling Taylor and the Leftovers that he's going to use the veto even though he obviously was never going to do it because it would jeopardize Alysda. I guess the issue was that it was a Yankee Swap veto, so he would have had to take a prize from either Alyssa or Jaz (who has been whining about her birthday all loving week). Now Kyle's on the LO shitlist

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

a messy week going into this weird house split is honestly PERFECT

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Part of the problem was the LO were set on putting up Joseph because it was his hair brained scheme. When Taylor got the punishment to be tethered to him, that suddenly became hard to fake justify and plans changed, with Kyle now on the losing end of the planning. Just a lot of overplanning on a lot of their parts that could have been mitigated by better play.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Watching the competition it makes much more sense for Kyle to take the veto from Indy since he specifically wants Indy to go. In the moment you also don't want to annoy Taylor, but then if you're stuck not using the veto you annoy her anyway.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 18, 2022

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

pospysyl posted:

Watching the competition it makes much more sense for Kyle to take the veto from Indy since he specifically wants Indy to go. In the moment you also don't want to annoy Taylor, but then if you're stuck not using the veto you annoy her anyway.

Alyssa sure didn't mind annoying her until Jasmine took the prize from Alyssa. I laughed.

Looking forward to tomorrow's editing of Jasmine's birthday because Turner was making me laugh my rear end off last night.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Well, Alyssa's just kind of dumb.

Speaking of kind of dumb, the house is setting up to blindside Indy. These people are addicted to blindsides, I swear.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

pospysyl posted:

Well, Alyssa's just kind of dumb.

Speaking of kind of dumb, the house is setting up to blindside Indy. These people are addicted to blindsides, I swear.

Is Taylor on board?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Taylor is on board, but it doesn't look like a blindside anymore. Last I checked they were doing another crazy scheme and staging a fight between Brittany, Joseph, and Indy to explain how the vote flipped. Seems like Indy's the most mad at Kyle.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Seems like the edit is subtly leaning into Kyle's heel turn, but maybe too subtly.

Edit: And here's Michael to explain it, lol

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 19, 2022

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

That episode loving suuuuucked. Two hours and we don't even get to see the split!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Monte and Joseph immediately have to eat their words about Indy being more threatening than Terrance lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

pospysyl posted:

That episode loving suuuuucked. Two hours and we don't even get to see the split!

Seriously. They needed 35 minutes for temp tattoos and rock band? wtf

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like the house split is:

Inside: Michael, Brittany, Jasmine, Taylor, Monte
Outside: Terrance, Alyssa, Kyle, Turner, Joseph

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Terrance has hidden depths, I was shocked at how good he was at the game last night. Plus, he's actually put together a clever plan to backdoor Joseph. Right now he wants to put up Kyle and Alyssa as the showmance pair to set up the backdoor. He's got Turner in on it, which is good for Turner but could also force him into a position where he would have to expose himself and the LOs if he wanted to save either Kyle or Joseph.

Michael on the other hand is planning to stick to the LOs script and get out Jasmine, putting her up next to Monte since Jasmine still thinks that Monte is the house target. If Jasmine gets off the block Michael's plan is to put up Taylor and get Monte out, which is why he picked who he picked.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 19, 2022

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

After twelve hours the pressure has gotten to Kyle. He's blowing up the Leftovers and is pitching a new alliance with Terrance. Terrance is a master strategist the likes of which we haven't seen since Derek L.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Probably the best route for Kyle regardless. Joseph is pretty toast unless he wins veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Michael nominated Jasmine and Monte, Terrance nominated Joseph and Turner.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Brittany won veto last night and Terrance won it today. It was the pass/fold guesstimate comp last night. I'm guessing they ran it again today.

RIP Joseph.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 20, 2022

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Taylor and Monte have realized that Joseph is not going to make it inside and that Kyle would be responsible. When the game resets Kyle is going to be target number one.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Is there a reason why Michael and Brittany (and Taylor, for that matter) aren’t taking this opportunity to get out Monte? Why not keep Jasmine around

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

They should, but Monte is also a target in front of them. They’d have less big threats and Michael can’t play HOH next week.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Teek posted:

They should, but Monte is also a target in front of them. They’d have less big threats and Michael can’t play HOH next week.

Ah, so Monte’s the Survivor shield of the season. Makes sense, considering Kyle keeps putting his foot in it

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Ironic Twist posted:

Is there a reason why Michael and Brittany (and Taylor, for that matter) aren’t taking this opportunity to get out Monte? Why not keep Jasmine around

because all four of them are trying to hastily assemble a F5 with Turner if Turner wants in, because Michael and Monte both need a group to keep them safe if they don't win a comp in the next two weeks

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I like how Jasmine is complaining about how hard she's worked and she literally has done nothing all summer and is the only person in the house who doesn't understand what is happening. I almost want to keep her around to see if she ever figures out that the Leftovers exist.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
I can't believe she will be sent home during her birthday year.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The real tragedy of this twist is that Turner won't be able to vote Jasmine out of the house or leave a goodbye message. :(

Twitter fans are very upset about Joseph leaving. The current pitch is that production should #cancelDyreFest and render the results of Terrance's HoH null and void because he didn't actually win the HoH competition. Really it's just people coping because they can't handle the Leftovers getting outplayed by DJ Showtime. The whole thing is Michael's screw-up anyway because he accidentally didn't give Turner the chance to eliminate Jasmine or Terrance from the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Outside feeds have been down due to wall yellers. Forced BB to play loud music to drown them out. As a result, we still don't know if Terrance used veto or not. Spoiler rumor was that he did on Turner and put up Kyle, but no confirmation yet.