Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Elmnt80 posted:

Hangs around with is referring to his friend with the cts-v being a massive rear end in a top hat to fans and other people. But I don't know them personally, so vOv

The only one I know tangentially related to the channel with a cts-v is Cooper who is doing his own thing now for unspecified reasons and hasn't been seen in videos for like 2 years now. If he's still showing up at events and stuff, he's not seen in the content so eh?

gently caress, I'm really not trying to come off as a fanboy but I also don't go to live events cause I'm on the total opposite side of the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Elmnt80 posted:

Hangs around with is referring to his friend with the cts-v being a massive rear end in a top hat to fans and other people. But I don't know them personally, so vOv

Cooper Bogetti? That would be a pretty decent explanation for why he left the channel. Not like anyone watching Cleetus actually cares now with LS George and Sam being entertaining additions.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Large Testicles posted:

I won't watch their videos because on a now banned twitter account, so I can't pull up receipts, he straight up told me to "eat poo poo and stop watching our videos if you have a problem with my politics" so yeah, i'm good. you could probably goad him into admitting he's a terf too

Damnit. I'm probably in denial. Really enjoyed their content, that said the big project is essentially done so no better time to cut the cord.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Damnit. I'm probably in denial. Really enjoyed their content, that said the big project is essentially done so no better time to cut the cord.

As soon as Binky's done, I'm done with that channel.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Is it still not done? loving hell, lads.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Is that one of the guys working on Binky? How old is that photo, because it looks almost nothing like him

IDK how much it matters because it's a smallish auto repair channel, but South Main Auto is pretty chudded up. I mean it's pretty clear he rolls conservative, what with some 2A decorations around the shop and a very strong trad vibe (talking about teaching his kids they have to work in that particular way where you know he has a lot of opinions about anyone who thinks there should be a social safety net or things in that arena).

Then one day he signal boosted another channel that had merch that said "make freedom legal" and at least one video talking about how CRT is communism and destroying America, so I had to nope out at that point. A shame, because he's a fantastic technician and amazing to watch at work.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That's a shame, I really liked his repair videos because he showed the reality of working on old rust-damaged cars. I could tell he was conservative but there's conservative in ways that I can put up with even as a massive leftie and there's conservative in ways that threaten/invalidate people's existence, and that channel he signal boosted is the latter.

Like the way he talked about working is similar to how my dad does and my dad is a union electrician fully in favor of strong safety nets, just with an unhealthily strong Protestant work ethic instilled by his upbringing. I can respect that even if I don't necessarily agree with it in the context of working yourself to the bone for other people that aren't going to reward you for it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That's a shame, I really liked his repair videos because he showed the reality of working on old rust-damaged cars. I could tell he was conservative but there's conservative in ways that I can put up with even as a massive leftie and there's conservative in ways that threaten/invalidate people's existence, and that channel he signal boosted is the latter.

Yeah exact same. I mean there's nothing wrong with being able to defend yourself or having a strong work ethic, although that certainly gets that dog whistle overtone pretty quick. I ignored all of that until you get into how acknowledging that America is built on some hosed up concepts is actually racism against me, a white male.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Panty Saluter posted:

Is that one of the guys working on Binky? How old is that photo, because it looks almost nothing like him

IDK how much it matters because it's a smallish auto repair channel, but South Main Auto is pretty chudded up. I mean it's pretty clear he rolls conservative, what with some 2A decorations around the shop and a very strong trad vibe (talking about teaching his kids they have to work in that particular way where you know he has a lot of opinions about anyone who thinks there should be a social safety net or things in that arena).

Then one day he signal boosted another channel that had merch that said "make freedom legal" and at least one video talking about how CRT is communism and destroying America, so I had to nope out at that point. A shame, because he's a fantastic technician and amazing to watch at work.

Yeah, Richard Brunning is the not fully grey w/ glasses guy. And FWIW the car is essentially done. just little niggles and stuff like that. They've taken it to shows and the like.

SMA - is also something I enjoy, as noted for the really in depth diagnostic/troubleshooting he brings up. Rural/upstate NY, so obvious conservative tones, but I haven't picked up on anything overtly chuddy - Hadn't noted that signal boosting previously. I think he tends to keep things apolitical otherwise?

Damnit... I don't watch a ton, but is it better unsubing here too?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
IDK, that signal boost was enough for me. Haven't watched since. That was at least a year or maybe even two ago.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So if Brunning is a chud, what about the other guy?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I don't think he had any social media. So we're left to whatever we can pick up from binky.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Panty Saluter posted:

Not that it matters in this case, but 2A doesn't always mean right wing. As the saying goes "if you go far enough left, you get your guns back". Agree with the 2A or not, but be aware that there are lots of progressives who are into firearms. Black women and LGBTQIA folks have been buying lots of guns the past few years, for obvious reasons. Come on over to TFR and see.

The SMA guy can get bent.

Ok Comboomer posted:

oh also I forgot to include that InfoWars is pretty dingdang antisemitic and regularly peddles (((globalist))) and great replacement talking points, serving as a crucial on-ramp for men and boys to get sucked into explicit nazism, so like you really have to be careful and mindful when extending benefit of the doubt to people advertising their fandom/involvement in the community/support of the company
Your previous remarks and this one are pretty important for people to read and understand. Infowars is tremendously dangerous.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

sharkytm posted:

Not that it matters in this case, but 2A doesn't always mean right wing. As the saying goes "if you go far enough left, you get your guns back". Agree with the 2A or not, but be aware that there are lots of progressives who are into firearms. Black women and LGBTQIA folks have been buying lots of guns the past few years, for obvious reasons. Come on over to TFR and see.

The SMA guy can get bent.

Oh I know that, but right wingers hump the 2A in a different way (and usually more vocally). It's not 100% but if it's not coupled with a clear statement of some sort of progressive values I view it with a jaundiced eye.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Panty Saluter posted:

Oh I know that, but right wingers hump the 2A in a different way (and usually more vocally). It's not 100% but if it's not coupled with a clear statement of some sort of progressive values I view it with a jaundiced eye.

Fair point, and I agree. The right wing loves them some virtue signalling, but only when it's their signals. See also: thin blue line, Gadsden, and every gun maker's logo on trucks/clothing/paraphernalia.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

The only one I know tangentially related to the channel with a cts-v is Cooper who is doing his own thing now for unspecified reasons and hasn't been seen in videos for like 2 years now. If he's still showing up at events and stuff, he's not seen in the content so eh?

gently caress, I'm really not trying to come off as a fanboy but I also don't go to live events cause I'm on the total opposite side of the country.

Yeah, that dingleberry. As you can tell, it's been a minute since I regularly followed him. And most stories about cooper being an rear end in a top hat are obviously pre-panini hell world.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I'm hoping that Edd China hasn't done anything questionable.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

c355n4 posted:

I'm hoping that Edd China hasn't done anything questionable.

He seems like good people

Brunning is definitely a Brexiteer and Conservative in general though, that much is true if you’ve followed his Twitter. No outright Nazi poo poo so far, but that Tweet about Rittenhouse is kind of heartbreaking given how good Project Binky has been.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fridge corn posted:

So if Brunning is a chud, what about the other guy?

Brunning has answered when asked on Twitter that Nik Blackhurst does not follow his views

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Wow, I'm really glad someone made this thread. Thanks OP. It's important to know the background of the various personalities and brands that come together to weave the beautiful tapestry that is our hobby - burning petrolium byproducts for fun. (EV Megathread folx - you're good, you can leave now!! #musk #elon #lmfao)

It's like, one hundred degrees Fahrenheit in my apartment right now which seems unusual but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm really more sad that Richard Brunning of Project Binky is apparently an idiot :( I can't believe it, and I'm unsubscribing from his channel which is praxis. This is very disturbing, because based on his extensive documented history of riding bicycles and participating in local LGBTQ+ xeriscaped low-water community gardens I thought he was different. Sigh. I guess completely insane automotive builds that utilize a shitton of raw materials for no other reason than the builder's OCD and youtube revenue are actually bad, because *checks notes* uhhh noted shitgoblin Kyle Rittenhouse.

:siren:Richard Brunning Status::siren: CHUD

OK, thankfully we're beyond that. Excellent work y'all, I appreciate you. Definitely will never watch his channel again after this project is completed because what the actual gently caress.

While we're on the subject of assholes in the automotive industry, I feel that there are a few others who have flown under the radar for too long becuase of decorum and systemic racism. We'll start with the obvious option, Mercedes-Benz:

For fucks sake, do I need to say more? Mercedes has never issued an apology for their involvement in the greatest mass murder of all time but if they did, I would still not purchase one of their vehicles. Mostly because I can't afford one but also because gently caress. them. (those blackout headlight covers are sick though :ssh:) There's also documentation that they used MercBenz panzer/tank engines to pump carbon monoxide (CO) into the gas chambers which if true then holy poo poo?? why are they still allowed to sell cars what the actual gently caress??

:siren:Mercedes Benz status::siren: CHUD

Next, and since we're here, I feel like we need to move across the oceans to Every Japanese Car Company Who Was Around Circa 1940-1974 ( the last soldier to surrender ). I'm not completely sure of their individual involvement in the war efforts, but it's not my job to educate you and it's pretty obvious that Mitsubishi Zeros killed a lot of American GIs due to cowardly suicide attacks and I'm pretty sure Toyota was involved at some time or another. They probably made lovely little Jeep ripoffs that could easily be defeated with a Thompson SMG or a pineapple grenade because the entire chassis was made out of hanzo bullshit folded steel. Oh, and they also were complicit in Unit 731 which is a horrifying look into the devaluation of human life commonly seen in, oh, *checks notes* the entirety of the alt-right playbook.

:siren:Japanese Manufacturers Status::siren: CHUD

While googling and lolling I found this photo of Imperial Japanese Emporer Hirohito in a Rolls-Royce, which really speaks for itself (I'm not sure what brand the motorcycles are, but I'm guessing they might be Harley - Davidson... not sure if they are involved in any problematic activity?? [placeholder]):

:siren:Rolls-Royce status::siren: CHUD

If you thought these images were horrifying, I have some great news - there's more, and they were distributed around our fuckworld nation en masse as recently as a few years ago. Hell... there's people on this dead gay forum who still maintain and drive vehicles built by these misogynists today:

:siren:AMC Status::siren: CHUD (any Gremlin drivers on this forum are showing their whole rear end; much like this chick)

:siren:Honda Status: :siren: CHUD :wtc:

:siren:FIAT Status::siren: CHUD

I can't even. Time to take a break from the internet, but after I immediately come back I will do a deep-dive on 1960s American muscle car advertising and how it relates to the Supreme Court decisions and Nik Blackhurst's usage of the phrase "tea kettle". :rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Nice meltdown

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Wow, I'm really glad someone made this thread. Thanks OP. It's important to know the background of the various personalities and brands that come together to weave the beautiful tapestry that is our hobby - burning petrolium byproducts for fun. (EV Megathread folx - you're good, you can leave now!! #musk #elon #lmfao)

It's like, one hundred degrees Fahrenheit in my apartment right now which seems unusual but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm really more sad that Richard Brunning of Project Binky is apparently an idiot :( I can't believe it, and I'm unsubscribing from his channel which is praxis. This is very disturbing, because based on his extensive documented history of riding bicycles and participating in local LGBTQ+ xeriscaped low-water community gardens I thought he was different. Sigh. I guess completely insane automotive builds that utilize a shitton of raw materials for no other reason than the builder's OCD and youtube revenue are actually bad, because *checks notes* uhhh noted shitgoblin Kyle Rittenhouse.

OK, thankfully we're beyond that. Excellent work y'all, I appreciate you. Definitely will never watch his channel again after this project is completed because what the actual gently caress.

While we're on the subject of assholes in the automotive industry, I feel that there are a few others who have flown under the radar for too long becuase of decorum and systemic racism. We'll start with the obvious option, Mercedes-Benz:

For fucks sake, do I need to say more? Mercedes has never issued an apology for their involvement in the greatest mass murder of all time but if they did, I would still not purchase one of their vehicles. Mostly because I can't afford one but also because gently caress. them. (those blackout headlight covers are sick though :ssh:) There's also documentation that they used MercBenz panzer/tank engines to pump carbon monoxide (CO) into the gas chambers which if true then holy poo poo?? why are they still allowed to sell cars what the actual gently caress??

Next, and since we're here, I feel like we need to move across the oceans to Every Japanese Car Company Who Was Around Circa 1940-1974 ( the last soldier to surrender ). I'm not completely sure of their individual involvement in the war efforts, but it's not my job to educate you and it's pretty obvious that Mitsubishi Zeros killed a lot of American GIs due to cowardly suicide attacks and I'm pretty sure Toyota was involved at some time or another. They probably made lovely little Jeep ripoffs that could easily be defeated with a Thompson SMG or a pineapple grenade because the entire chassis was made out of hanzo bullshit folded steel. Oh, and they also were complicit in Unit 731 which is a horrifying look into the devaluation of human life commonly seen in, oh, *checks notes* the entirety of the alt-right playbook.

While googling and lolling I found this photo of Imperial Japanese Emporer Hirohito in a Rolls-Royce, which really speaks for itself (I'm not sure what brand the motorcycles are, but I'm guessing they might be Harley - Davidson... not sure if they are involved in any problematic activity?? [placeholder]):

If you thought these images were horrifying, I have some great news - there's more, and they were distributed around our fuckworld nation en masse as recently as a few years ago. Hell... there's people on this dead gay forum who still maintain and drive vehicles built by these misogynists today:

:siren:AMC Status::siren: CHUD (any Gremlin drivers on this forum are showing their whole rear end; much like this chick)

I can't even. Time to take a break from the internet, but after I immediately come back I will do a deep-dive on 1960s American muscle car advertising and how it relates to the Supreme Court decisions and Nik Blackhurst's usage of the phrase "tea kettle". :rolleyes:

:chloe: big yikes, dogg

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

lol at this post

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Lol at this amateur hour meltdown, if you wanted to aim shots at FIAT you could have used the original 500/Topolino rather than a random ad. Try harder next time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

You forgot Volkswagen, you ok man?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

And Ford.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wow, a total spontaneous meltdown of the main brainal system. That's... not gonna be cheap to fix.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

You forgot Volkswagen, you ok man?

if dieselgate wasn’t bad enough, they were literally founded by Hitler!

Hitler! That’s the biggest chud of them all!

*posts 500 additional words “meta joking” about how Lamborghini wasn’t founded by a woman and Didn’t you know Italians love to catcall? and gets subforumbanned for being so goddamn embarrassing

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I read that post.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

I read that post.

I wish I hadn't.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
wow, they sure showed all us liberal snowflakes how hypersensitive we are. i have been owned

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Nice meltdown

Light a moth to the flame.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

lol what was the reply?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Heh showed those car nerds :smug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol what was the reply?
"Decent effort troll, low effort probation reply"

The prob is the reply.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Light a moth to the flame.

wtf

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Cage posted:

"Decent effort troll, low effort probation reply"

The prob is the reply.

you think so? I thought it might be in reference to a salty PM, heretofore unknown

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ferremit posted:

Seems a lot of those types are sadly- Mike from Dirt Perfect has thin *insert colour here* line flags up in his workshop and a few other things around. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Chris from LetsDig18 really go off into politics- he seems content to make his content just about digging holes and building ponds.

Farmer tube is a bit hit and miss too- you can’t miss the trump poo poo and other chud stuff hanging up in the Welkers workshop, but they seem to have worked out that he really didn’t have farmers interests at heart and you never hear them getting political. Larson farms are the same, you see the info wars stickers and poo poo like that around the place but they seem to do a good job of keeping the chud out.

I think the only one who’s truly non political tho would be Millennial Farmer. He’s touched on politics from time to time, but it’s mostly to inform his audience about the impact politics has on farmers on the ground. Same as he grumbles about DEF and calls it government juice, but that’s more because the implementation of it has been pretty badly done in ag and when your tractor takes a poo poo at a critical moment cos a DEF sensor has had a wobbly, that can have a year long impact on your bottom line.

Having met Mike Simon and farmer Chris Tempel IRL I can assure you they both go right but I can at least respect them for not trying to redpill the audience. I think this county went 70% trump in the last election.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

rdb posted:

Having met Mike Simon and farmer Chris Tempel IRL I can assure you they both go right but I can at least respect them for not trying to redpill the audience. I think this county went 70% trump in the last election.

I think thats more the thing with the welkers in particular too- Montana, god bothering, republicans. They were going to have the trump/pence flag up just because they were the next ones up for the poo poo show. Their dad probably had the bush/regan etc (i know SFA bout american republican presidents apart from them being generally bad) propaganda up too. I can respect them for the same thing too- they dont try to force their political views on the audience either, and are willing to actually discuss politics regarding how they impact farming- not to the extent that Zac Johnson does, but he's also made it his channels goal to educate about farming, including how the political side of things- trade wars, subsidies, market manipulation and the like plays into the process of people getting food and products from farm to consumer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Lol I love when some old rear end reg conservative barges into a conversation and starts complaining about how the site is now so woke. Didn't we run most of you off years ago?