Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

This has helped me curate my subs a bit better and I learnt some stuff I didn't know initially. It does suck that a bunch of people I enjoyed watching I now know I won't be bothering with.

For the Tavarish adjacent, Jared [Wrench Everyday now The Questionable Garage] doesn't seem to show any politcal leanings. He's in that space with everyone, but I haven't seen anything outwardly at least. There has been something in the past few videos, that seems 'off', but I can't put my finger on it, but the way he talks it seems to be a stress type thing.

Ed Bolian seems to be reeking of even more self importance these days somehow, but given his job background, that seems to make sense that he revels in that egotistical type of presentation. Looks like Hoovie recently got divorced, which explains all the "I'm selling everything wah!" content, which I've quickly become less and less interested in and the fact that he continually falls upwards, including the 'have $25K in lifts lol' only to have to sell his collection. He also never does anything himself, giving it all over to Wizard [who seems wholesome enough?] and just talking about how he bought X car and its hosed. How he's continued to sustain himself, I have no idea.

Alex, and by extension Max and Peter from Legit Street Cars seem like OK guys. They've done some good stuff, helped people out and nothing really stands out as far as I've seen. Watching them rebuild stupidly complicated stuff step by step is interesting to me, even if he does have to do some shilling in the middle, but peeps gotta eat, so can't blame them for that. At least he doesn't have to do mobile game sponsors anymore and his Keeps sponsorship seems to have actually helped him regrow his bald patch.

Nick of Nick's Garage is a fount of Mopar knowledge and seems like a chill old dude whos happy to teach, doesn't bullshit and just loves the brand. Shmee, Mat Armstrong, Auto Alex and Jimmy Broadbent all seem like alright guys. Locally, Ross Reviews, ReDriven and MCM are all pretty heads screwed on types. Deboss Garage seem like OK guys as far as I've seen and it's interesting to see them revive old, seemingly retired / dead semis.

Please feel free to tell me terrible things about these people either way.

E: Add Uncle Tony's Garage as one of the good ones after finding this one where he calls out The Black Ghost story, then makes a seriously heartfelt follow-up where he calls out people in the comments for making GBS threads on him calling him a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLAv0RAXQQ

H1KE fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It always makes me laugh how Hoovie, with all his money, bought an E66 B7 Alpina and ended up junking it because the couple of the cylinders were scored and the supercharger was leaking oil. Meanwhile, the M539 guy also bought an E66 B7 Alpina that had the same problems and ended up doing a complete engine rebuild (twice) and restored the car to showroom condition (even better since he had the car completely repainted and professionally polished). He got like twenty 45 minute youtube videos out of it.

H1KE posted:

E: Add Uncle Tony's Garage as one of the good ones after finding this one where he calls out The Black Ghost story, then makes a seriously heartfelt follow-up where he calls out people in the comments for making GBS threads on him calling him a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLAv0RAXQQ
The more I read about the Black Ghost, the more it seems like it's a case of "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 14, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

H1KE posted:

Alex, and by extension Max and Peter from Legit Street Cars seem like OK guys. They've done some good stuff, helped people out and nothing really stands out as far as I've seen. Watching them rebuild stupidly complicated stuff step by step is interesting to me, even if he does have to do some shilling in the middle, but peeps gotta eat, so can't blame them for that. At least he doesn't have to do mobile game sponsors anymore and his Keeps sponsorship seems to have actually helped him regrow his bald patch.

There was a fair bit of kerfuffle when Peter left LSC, it seems like a pretty standard acrimonious split, but Peter has his own channel now and I'm probably gonna keep watching both. I think Alex seriously underestimated both how much the dynamic of the three of them helped the channel and how much his own BS in handling the split has messed up his rep (lawyering up for no real reason and basically memory-holing Peter when it comes to video comments.)

That said, that's all drama and not really lovely chud behavior beyond standard capitalist rear end in a top hat poo poo.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Full Collapse posted:

The Gadsden flag was stolen. :c

I can't never post this one:

but a new contender has come to light:

bonus:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Darchangel posted:

I can't never post this one:

bonus:

Best is still "Snakes Can't Actually Do This"

H1KE
May 7, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

That said, that's all drama and not really lovely chud behavior beyond standard capitalist rear end in a top hat poo poo.

It certainly feels like Alex did that due to the people he was with at the time [Bolian being a likely culprit] as he feels a little like he is trying to join the big boy crew. Bit of a stupid kneejerk reaction.

E: More reading into it and yeah, Alex dumped Peter in what seems to be some dumb paranoia-fuelled bullshit of some kind. It was also very close to the Bolian period. Same thing Freddy seems to have done to Jared, where they want to be part of that group and end up screwing over their long time collaborators in the meantime. Already enjoying Peter's new channel.

H1KE fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 15, 2023

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I saw a Harley parked at a bar with big SS decals on the tank and it made me mad for the rest of the afternoon

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

H1KE posted:

curate my subs

This phrase is funny in a couple of ways.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Apropos of which: wanna shout out the ascendant motorcycle channel, Squidtips (https://youtube.com/@SquidTips), for being aggressively and unapologetically rad in a space where outright support and allyship for LGBTQ people is still largely treated as a liability at best by many creators

Thanks for sharing this channel, looks like I'm gonna love it.

Darchangel posted:

This one's my second favourite next to this:

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Just saw this on my facebook feed. Greta has mindwormed the gently caress out of these poor bastards.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

meatpimp posted:

Just saw this on my facebook feed. Greta has mindwormed the gently caress out of these poor bastards.

seeing poo poo like this literally makes me want cars to die faster

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Honestly, 'car guys' are so loving embarrassing.

*edit: the worst I've seen are those clowns who put 'how do you like this Greta?' stickers on their 1.3 hatchbacks :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
If you think 'car guys' are bad don't get into motos or truck and diesel bros.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

H1KE posted:

For the Tavarish adjacent, Jared [Wrench Everyday now The Questionable Garage] doesn't seem to show any politcal leanings. He's in that space with everyone, but I haven't seen anything outwardly at least. There has been something in the past few videos, that seems 'off', but I can't put my finger on it, but the way he talks it seems to be a stress type thing.

Locally, Ross Reviews, ReDriven and MCM are all pretty heads screwed on types.

I'm glad Jared has moved away from Freddy/Tavarish and seems to be going along fine on his own. I think Jared's had some rough moments recently and willing to give him some room.

Another Aussie local who is good is "Iron Empire". He looks a little rough, but he is all good, and does some great work on Aussie metal.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

cursedshitbox posted:

in AI “car guys” covers all that poo poo, maybe not bikes

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Ok Comboomer posted:

in AI “car guys” covers all that poo poo, maybe not bikes

Thanks for clearing this up, I'm new here :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm still trying to figure out where the typo is on the Gadsden flag

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm still trying to figure out where the typo is on the Gadsden flag

'Don't' has no apostrophe.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

You Am I posted:

I'm glad Jared has moved away from Freddy/Tavarish and seems to be going along fine on his own. I think Jared's had some rough moments recently and willing to give him some room.

Another Aussie local who is good is "Iron Empire". He looks a little rough, but he is all good, and does some great work on Aussie metal.

I was catching up on Jared and hit the rebuilding Roadblock episode and it made sense. A 'friend' taking the car out and the damage caused by a 'hit and run' not adding up, plus some apparent theft explains the stress he seems to have had, on top of nearly every car breaking. I'm enjoying his stuff more and he's explaining a lot of the less obvious stuff he does.

I'll check our Iron Empire too, always glad to see more local peeps.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
And here I was thinking the evil nanny state gubmint banned all those delicious solvents from brake cleaner so you can't even get proper high off them anymore.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My issue with Uncle Tony is when he did a video bitching about drug policies in NYC that included things like safe injection sites and he was all boomer “this is why NYC is bad and I left because I won’t pay for public health services I personally do not benefit from”

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

'Don't' has no apostrophe.

:eyepop: Now that is an interesting example of how your brain just fills in what *should* be there on things that are so familiar/often seen.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This is my favorite

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

This is my favorite

:lol: I forgot about this one. It's amazing.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Ryan f9 I'm pretty sure recently mentioned being Jewish in a video and has referenced some pretty progressive views in a handful of videos in the past as well.

Jewish guy who bikes as his daily commute a lot of the time (pedal bikes) in Vancouver means he's probably ok until proven otherwise.

Alex from lsc used to be a Chicago pd squad car mechanic and has said a few pro police things but I definitely do not think he's a chud maybe just a moderate which is fine by me. Think the guy from warped perception is the same way. Chicago is pretty blue.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Ryan f9 I'm pretty sure recently mentioned being Jewish in a video and has referenced some pretty progressive views in a handful of videos in the past as well.

Jewish guy who bikes as his daily commute a lot of the time (pedal bikes) in Vancouver means he's probably ok until proven otherwise.

Alex from lsc used to be a Chicago pd squad car mechanic and has said a few pro police things but I definitely do not think he's a chud maybe just a moderate which is fine by me. Think the guy from warped perception is the same way. Chicago is pretty blue.

LSC is in the burbs, which are a mixed bag.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

rickiep00h posted:

LSC is in the burbs, which are a mixed bag.

This. It depends which suburb.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Full Collapse posted:

This. It depends which suburb.

Very. If you wanna see "some poo poo" look up targeted policing and highland park.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Ugh, as a diesel guy: I hate diesel guys.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Ugh, as a diesel guy: I hate diesel guys.

Same, but just every kind of guy in general.

Goonzquad? They seem chill but also very pro-cop, but I don't know if you have any other choice when you're public people with a bunch of supercars and money where they are.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Never trust goons, especially ones that use a z.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Never trust goons, especially ones that use a z.

What about goonce?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

evobatman posted:

Same, but just every kind of guy in general.

Goonzquad? They seem chill but also very pro-cop, but I don't know if you have any other choice when you're public people with a bunch of supercars and money where they are.

Other than being clowns on public roads, absolutely never even hinted at anything political other than an under the breath dislike for Russia. Their parents are Ukranian and they have cousin currently serving in the Ukraine armed forces so that might be understandable they have strong opinions on that one

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

This is my favorite

Hah, hadn't seen those.

Best chuds are the ones that fly both a Gadsden and a Thin Blue Line. Explaining to them how those two things are mutually exclusive is entertaining.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Darchangel posted:

Hah, hadn't seen those.

Best chuds are the ones that fly both a Gadsden and a Thin Blue Line. Explaining to them how those two things are mutually exclusive is entertaining.

It's not mutually exclusive for these ""Libertarians"" because they think of government as a weapon to be wielded against other people and that it cannot, or should not, help people ever. Therefore the only legitimate function of government is the military and police.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Not exactly car-related, but probably of interest to many here - I've been watching a ton of the Bearded Butcher videos on youtube. Super interesting to see how a cow carcass becomes beautiful cuts of steak/gets cooked to completion, and they wield some crazily dangerous knives and bandsaws to do it.

I assume they're massive chuds based on their design aesthetic but they don't bring it up in their videos so I'm just gonna pretend they're fine

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's not mutually exclusive for these ""Libertarians"" because they think of government as a weapon to be wielded against other people and that it cannot, or should not, help people ever. Therefore the only legitimate function of government is the military and police.

What's funny is when their surprised when it's wielded *against them.*
"I am surprised the face-eating tiger would eat my face."

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Ether Frenzy posted:

Not exactly car-related, but probably of interest to many here - I've been watching a ton of the Bearded Butcher videos on youtube. Super interesting to see how a cow carcass becomes beautiful cuts of steak/gets cooked to completion, and they wield some crazily dangerous knives and bandsaws to do it.

I assume they're massive chuds based on their design aesthetic but they don't bring it up in their videos so I'm just gonna pretend they're fine

You could check out 'The Scott Rea Project'. He's also a butcher that shows how to butcher various animals & cook them. I don't recall him ever getting political in his videos. I think the only thing one might object to, is the occasional video where he's driving, spots fresh roadkill and grabs it to make a video of butchery (he's got at least one rabbit video from that).

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post

TWBalls posted:

You could check out 'The Scott Rea Project'. He's also a butcher that shows how to butcher various animals & cook them. I don't recall him ever getting political in his videos. I think the only thing one might object to, is the occasional video where he's driving, spots fresh roadkill and grabs it to make a video of butchery (he's got at least one rabbit video from that).

that sounds rad actually, nothing better than a waste-not butcher.
does he use them just for demonstration or is he actually eating the roadkill? either way sounds like a +1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Geneva Breaker posted:

that sounds rad actually, nothing better than a waste-not butcher.
does he use them just for demonstration or is he actually eating the roadkill? either way sounds like a +1

Yeah, he shows how to butcher and often will show a simple recipe. Here's the rabbit video, he has 3 recipes for that one.