Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I think the last one we actually ran off was The Prong Song when he decided to rant during the BLM protests, tbh? Or was it Das Nazi?

If you dug up my posts from like 2004-2014ish you'd probably want to run me off, as would I, given that I've moved substantially left of American politics since then.

Given TRS' recent post history as I remember it, I actually was a bit surprised by that post and not sure if it was trolling for the lols or actually coming from the heart. I'm not going to bother digging in deeper though.

I will say, I'm totally not surprised by South Main Auto or RB, I got tired of their bullshit a while ago and unsubscribed.

I'm fairly certain Matt from sloppy mechanics leans right for reasons I won't get into but he has also done a pretty darn good job of keeping it non political from what I've seen (in fact, political content has actually been reduced recently) and I am alright with that. His wife Jaime posted that they're strongly in favor of the 2A in a YouTube comment section years ago, but only when asked and... I'm strongly pro 2A as well so that's not really an indication.

Edit: ok nevermind on that, they just moved the political and racist good ol boy bullshit channels to an area I can't see, then a few months later started discussing that fact in front of me. Was hopeful there for a minute.

kastein fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Not surprised but kinda bummed about Diesel Creek, he keeps it off his channel as far as I've seen but he's got a regular content stream that keeps me afloat in between Andrew Camarata uploads.

This is a great thread, though every time it gets a new post I worry who I'm going to have to burn next. And they should burn. gently caress that poo poo. Enjoyed the meltdown post too, just great thread all around.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

kastein posted:

I think the last one we actually ran off was The Prong Song when he decided to rant during the BLM protests, tbh? Or was it Das Nazi?

shocking that a dude calling himself Das Volk on the internet was a nazi

who could ever have foreseen this

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

shocking that a dude calling himself Das Volk on the internet was a nazi

who could ever have foreseen this

Yikes, I forgot about that guy.

Delta-P
Jan 1, 2020

Does anyone know whether RCR leans any way? I've never heard them discuss politics, but I haven't listened to any of their podcasts or livestreams.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

MetaJew posted:

Yikes, I forgot about that guy.

We met IRL once and had a great conversation about hill climb cars and M-cars, then became FB buddies and then I quickly un-friended and never spoke to him again. Yikes indeed.

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

Delta-P posted:

Does anyone know whether RCR leans any way? I've never heard them discuss politics, but I haven't listened to any of their podcasts or livestreams.

Pretty sure the gay english major who loves the outdoors and makes fun of American conspicuous consumption might lean left
But they are also very rooted in rural Penn so who knows

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Large Testicles posted:

Lol I love when some old rear end reg conservative barges into a conversation and starts complaining about how the site is now so woke. Didn't we run most of you off years ago?

I think the difference is a lot of them used to be quieter and/or less radicalized. The discourse is so poisoned now that they can't stop erupting at every perceived slight

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think it's okay to point out it doesn't have to be a witch hunt, or turn into c-spam craziness, I can be friends with someone with different views if they aren't using their politics as a weapon against others or shibboleth to exclude people.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FlerpNerpin posted:

Not surprised but kinda bummed about Diesel Creek, he keeps it off his channel as far as I've seen

You were able to make it through more than a few of his videos where in every one he tries way too hard to use AvEs schtick (and does so poorly) while fumbling around at any other stupid "catchy" poo poo he can come up with to say? It's just awful.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

beep-beep car is go posted:

Anyone know about Mustie1? He seems like a small engine and ACVW old hippie but also has a bit of a chuddy vibe.

He definitely treated COVID with doubt and scorn. Then he got it and maybe understood that it was real. He generally does not discuss politics as far as I've seen.

You Am I posted:

Definitely chud. He mentioned that he when he had Covid that he was using whatever that horse drug is to cure it. It was a shame cos I liked his videos up to that time

Well, poo poo. You mean Ivermectin.

DoriDori240 posted:

He posted a community post linking a rant about the election being stolen shortly after Biden won, and how he wanted all of his viewers to read it. He got ripped pretty badly in the comments and deleted it shortly after. I unsubbed that day and never looked back. I did hear that he got Covid (and a pretty bad case at that) and did watch a video update where he sounded rough as hell but quickly referring to the "coof" and later mentioned that Ivermectin saved his life. Sucks because he reminds me of my dad (who is nothing like him politically) but loves working on small engine stuff and old Japanese bikes.

Alas.

Goddammit.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Damnit. I'm probably in denial. Really enjoyed their content, that said the big project is essentially done so no better time to cut the cord.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

As soon as Binky's done, I'm done with that channel.

Sucks.
:same:, I guess. Definitely ending Patronage.

I loving hate this world.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

<insane bullshit>

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:stonklol:
Well, that was a thing.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Delta-P posted:

intheflesh posted:

Pretty sure the gay english major who loves the outdoors and makes fun of American conspicuous consumption might lean left
But they are also very rooted in rural Penn so who knows

Pretty much this, last time it was discussed it was agreed that they’re relatively cool, just in an extremely rural PA way.

Like, I don’t really vibe with, or frankly follow, his whole Modernism>>Postmodernism deal (because “at least modernism gets you somewhere”, I guess? :psyduck: I dunno. He seems to do a bunch of weird conflating of literary theory and philosophy and politics and design and history and poo poo in ways that seem deep but are actually pretty slipshod, imo) and I think enough of the venom he’s spit at SJWs, “wokeness”, and hybrid cars/etc over the years is genuine and comes less from a based Leftist critical view than from a more reactionary conservative one.

But he’s also definitely no Republican. Not even remotely.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

I think it's okay to point out it doesn't have to be a witch hunt, or turn into c-spam craziness, I can be friends with someone with different views if they aren't using their politics as a weapon against others or shibboleth to exclude people.

This thread already reads like people roleplaying as Stasi informants, except the only thing at stake is a youtube subscription.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

This thread already reads like people roleplaying as Stasi informants, except the only thing at stake is a youtube subscription.

lol

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
this thread: "I can't believe ConfedFlagFlyer and TexasPatriot are nazi deplorable chuds!" :aaa:

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

FlerpNerpin posted:

Not surprised but kinda bummed about Diesel Creek, he keeps it off his channel as far as I've seen but he's got a regular content stream that keeps me afloat in between Andrew Camarata uploads.

I mean, I still watch his videos but I’m not about to buy merch. I also learned not to watch any of his IG stories; he *mostly* keeps it out of the actual posts.

IMO, engaging with people is probably better than non-engagement within reason.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

Ohhh kaaay.

With my limited experience in the equivalent TFR thread, why I think it works there comes down to a few things:

That thread is travelled by the sub-forum mod often and they engage in it, in good faith, as both mod and poster.

There are less regular TFR posters, more of whom have known each other for a while, than AI. (Love y'all, you've been very helpful.)

Posters quote sources and follow up. Varusteleka, a Finnish outerwear military surplus seller, had Rhodesian stuff on their site, were asked about it, and issued an apology while removing the offending items.

Along with the above: shitheads are seemingly more willing to out themselves as [insert a component of fascism here] on social media outside of their main outlet. Youtubers that make money keep things away from the milch kuh, but may take to twitter with what they really feel.

It's a dynamic. The ball is rolling here, but maybe wobbling a bit.

[Engage: back-biting]

The RN post: that is some quality trolling, but irony is dead. Yeah, sure. Due to their background, I can see why they'd think about people that way. Doesn't make them right.

But I'm drunk as gently caress, don't pay too much attention.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Delta-P posted:

Worst thing I've seen RCR do is make a crack at "SJWs" and say he listens to Joe Rogan, but that was many years ago and he's also made many videos making fun of toxic masculinity in the automotive world and did a video couching Infiniti in Marxist terms (which is a pretty :laffo: concept but still), so I'm pretty confident he's not a chud.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

madeintaipei posted:

Ohhh kaaay.

With my limited experience in the equivalent TFR thread, why I think it works there comes down to a few things:

That thread is travelled by the sub-forum mod often and they engage in it, in good faith, as both mod and poster.

There are less regular TFR posters, more of whom have known each other for a while, than AI. (Love y'all, you've been very helpful.)

Posters quote sources and follow up. Varusteleka, a Finnish outerwear military surplus seller, had Rhodesian stuff on their site, were asked about it, and issued an apology while removing the offending items.

Along with the above: shitheads are seemingly more willing to out themselves as [insert a component of fascism here] on social media outside of their main outlet. Youtubers that make money keep things away from the milch kuh, but may take to twitter with what they really feel.

It's a dynamic. The ball is rolling here, but maybe wobbling a bit.

[Engage: back-biting]

The RN post: that is some quality trolling, but irony is dead. Yeah, sure. Due to their background, I can see why they'd think about people that way. Doesn't make them right.

But I'm drunk as gently caress, don't pay too much attention.

I saw the RN post as a pretty decently done troll that had a point wrapped in it, which is why they just got troll tolled rather than being told off for being a dick. That point they were making in part is something that I think has been said as a concern a couple of times re: witch-hunts and low vs high effort. Humphreys going back to page 1 said the concerns pretty well.

I think an IK who is interested in pushing this thread along and also shaping it will help a lot - while I know the industry pretty well, my time to make good content is limited. We also shouldn't just focus on youtubers, for instance Toyota have been really loving poo poo in trying to kneecap EV's and Aston Martin was part of a online FUD campaign in that regard as well - rpobbably because they were mostly of the opinion EV's would kill them as a company.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/02/aston-martin-pr-firm-anti-electric-vehicle-study

https://thedriven.io/2020/12/01/aston-martin-linked-to-anti-ev-propaganda-siezed-upon-by-murdochs-times/

Oh and read between the lines of this recent interview - seems resonable but it's pure anti EV bullshit in between the lines

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/aston-martin-electric-cars/

Also the "journalist" just also happens to quote a Toyota exec bringing up the company line about EV's. The truth there is Toyota stands to lose billions in development if their bet on hydrogen and fuel cells doesnt pan out and they have been on a anti EV FUD campaign.

The fossil fuel industries FUD campaigns could take up pages worth of discussion esp with the fact they knew in the 1970's (Or 1960's?) climate change was very real and they have been doing anything in their power to stall or stop efforts for action, much in the manner how tobacco companies stalled or denied for decades action on the harm of their products. Car companies have likewise been stalling and pushing back on emissions and economy standards and oh dear, what about leaded fuel? OEM's are unbelieveably *poo poo* when it comes to environmental concerns to say the least - and they are very much still pushing back and funding FUD campaigns along with fossil fuel industries. Tesla is certainly run by a racist piece of garbage but hoooo boy Musk ain't even in the top top of lovely current car company CEO's, he's the one with the biggest unfiltered mouth.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I saw the RN post as a pretty decently done troll that had a point wrapped in it, which is why they just got troll tolled rather than being told off for being a dick. That point they were making in part is something that I think has been said as a concern a couple of times re: witch-hunts and low vs high effort.

It's this - I will admit I think these Threads In Which We Spin In Circles Screaming Chud at everyone are rather silly, and get witchhunty fast until we're not supposed to watch any youtube channels at all (and by my troll point, not enjoy any cars either), but I understand what they're trying to accomplish. I'm not right wing/conservative, I loathe Trump with a passion lol.

Sorry I didn't make it to Ford or Volkswagen - got sidetracked by sexist vintage car advertising and suddenly realized I had to work in the morning. Vodka isn't good for my sense of time.

Been awhile since I had a good probe, thanks for being fair CAT :cheers:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i mean the entire industry is inherently reactionary and contributing to like... most aspects of bad poo poo going on, but that's way more structural than the normal firearms space stuff. that is like individuals and companies directly saying "oh actively I want to use my skills and products to make sure <a specific marginalized group, or hell all of them> are at best kept subservient" - you're just not gonna get that kind of stuff in auto in the same way with the same threat level, whether that threat level is implicit or explicit.

do i have a point? uh not really i guess. i just think it's interesting to compare and contrast. I feel a sense of urgency in the TFR thread that I just don't get with the middle aged white male auto youtube vlogger world. Maybe that's an oversight on my part.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

do i have a point? uh not really i guess. i just think it's interesting to compare and contrast. I feel a sense of urgency in the TFR thread that I just don't get with the middle aged white male auto youtube vlogger world. Maybe that's an oversight on my part.

I think the concern is that some of these channels have a lot of viewers, some of which may be younger impressionable types. These channels normalizing hate speech and dog whistles makes others think it's okay to do and say and think that sort of poo poo.

Will any of us have any appreciable effect on these channels by unsubscribing from them? Almost certainly not, unless it turns out one of y'all goons has a blue-check twitter account and a significant following.

But yeah, I regret giving Project Binky/BoM money for a coffee mug and t-shirt after seeing Richard's ignorant covid tweets and Rittenhouse bullshit, so at least I know now not to give them more money.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 19, 2022

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, with how many LGBT people are in TFR there's a big element of "I need things like these people sell to protect me from these exact same people who think that I should die for how I was born." Which is why that thread tries to find non-lovely companies, or at least not vocally lovely companies.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i mean the entire industry is inherently reactionary and contributing to like... most aspects of bad poo poo going on, but that's way more structural than the normal firearms space stuff. that is like individuals and companies directly saying "oh actively I want to use my skills and products to make sure <a specific marginalized group, or hell all of them> are at best kept subservient" - you're just not gonna get that kind of stuff in auto in the same way with the same threat level, whether that threat level is implicit or explicit.

The weird reactionary right-wing stuff is why I got out of the automotive industry completely. It was disheartening to keep developing relationships with people and have them turn out to be absolutely terrible. It's tough being a lib that likes cars and guns.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, with how many LGBT people are in TFR there's a big element of "I need things like these people sell to protect me from these exact same people who think that I should die for how I was born." Which is why that thread tries to find non-lovely companies, or at least not vocally lovely companies.

Whilst I understand the horrible position marginalised groups are in, herein lies the problem if we start going down the rabbithole of "corporations are evil and do evil things" - is there even such as thing as an ethical manufacturer of murder weapons?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Whilst I understand the horrible position marginalised groups are in, herein lies the problem if we start going down the rabbithole of "corporations are evil and do evil things" - is there even such as thing as an ethical manufacturer of murder weapons?

Probably not, but it's more like helping to find a choice between a company that makes firearms and a company that makes firearms with stars and bars on them. While neither may be a good company, there's no need to give extra business to those who are trying to promote to hateful groups.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

BuckyDoneGun posted:

https://rocket-armory.com

They donate money to an anti-sucide non-profit and an organization that helps people in bad mental states find someone to temporarily hold their guns without completely giving them up. Everyone needs help sometimes, everyone has mental health issues sometimes, whether it's getting fired or divorce or death in the family or whatever. The gun shop I got my carry permit from offers safe storage for anyone who comes in and needs their guns temporarily held for mental health reasons (because Colorado's universal background check law makes it kind of dicey even if IIRC it makes exceptions for that kind of storage).

As to why I have a carry permit, maybe this is unnecessary to say, but just to head it off. If I'm going to get hate crimed, I'm not going down alone. Conflicting opinions on the topic can be filed in the circular bin.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

BuckyDoneGun posted:

You don't need to dig that far.

As 22 Eargesplitten already mentioned, there's a difference between 'someone makes something ethically dubious' and 'someone makes something ethically dubious while funding, platforming, and espousing generally hateful content towards the sheer existence of certain people'.

Just because there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism or w/e doesn't mean that there aren't choices people can make as consumers to at least have their own pocket money not going towards people who are going to use it for things they find despicable.
Like... if someone came out and said the owners of Rock Auto were all major donors to far right politicians who were actively campaigning to put trans folk in prison, or that Akira Nakai/RWB was deep into far right Japanese politics and has gone on record denying the existence of comfort women or whatever... Then you don't need to go 'but they're all involved in the automotive hobby, which is contributing to the obsession of private car ownership and rapidly accelerating us towards environmental collapse due to global warming', you can just. Call them lovely people, stop buying from or promoting them, and move on.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

ishikabibble posted:

You don't need to dig that far.

As 22 Eargesplitten already mentioned, there's a difference between 'someone makes something ethically dubious' and 'someone makes something ethically dubious while funding, platforming, and espousing generally hateful content towards the sheer existence of certain people'.

Just because there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism or w/e doesn't mean that there aren't choices people can make as consumers to at least have their own pocket money not going towards people who are going to use it for things they find despicable.
Like... if someone came out and said the owners of Rock Auto were all major donors to far right politicians who were actively campaigning to put trans folk in prison, or that Akira Nakai/RWB was deep into far right Japanese politics and has gone on record denying the existence of comfort women or whatever... Then you don't need to go 'but they're all involved in the automotive hobby, which is contributing to the obsession of private car ownership and rapidly accelerating us towards environmental collapse due to global warming', you can just. Call them lovely people, stop buying from or promoting them, and move on.

It's this.
We have to participate, but we can take the lesser of evils if at all possible.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Mr. Wiggles posted:

The weird reactionary right-wing stuff is why I got out of the automotive industry completely. It was disheartening to keep developing relationships with people and have them turn out to be absolutely terrible. It's tough being a lib that likes cars and guns.

i grew up in a rural place with lots of reactionaries so it doesn't bother me all that much but it's not ideal

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I know we're not trying to be too nitpicky but the guest on the newest on the newest Skid Factory was wearing a Make Australia Great Again hat. Kinda disappointing but I probably shouldn't be surprised coming from those bogans.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

I know we're not trying to be too nitpicky but the guest on the newest on the newest Skid Factory was wearing a Make Australia Great Again hat. Kinda disappointing but I probably shouldn't be surprised coming from those bogans.

Unfortunately that guy (NOT Al) is a full anti lockdown horsedrugs idiot. There's more than just a handful in the motorsport community esp as you get deeper in the Summernats / burnout / powercruisers.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Again, not trying to witch hunt, but if I were Al and Woody I'd tell the rear end in a top hat to take off his bigot hat before he's featured on my channel that's watched by hundreds of thousands of people if I really cared.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

Make Australia Great Again

...that's a thing?
Who knew Trump was an internationally infectious disease?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Darchangel posted:

...that's a thing?

Fascism knows no borders.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The Proud Ignorant Flag Waver set in Canada are ascendant as well.

And the UK.

Honestly I can't think of a place where stupid is not currently winning.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

...that's a thing?

Not quite - Make Australia Great Again turns you mostly a target for people to tell you to gently caress off loudly and openly. Make Australia Great Again is mostly from a lovely billionaire called Clive Palmer who used Trump style popularism for his political party called Unite Australia Party. He tried to ride anti vaxxer hard, anti lockdown etc and spend somethign like 100 million in the recent election trying to get candidates elected.... and basically failed. He also tried to sue West Australia for billions and lost. Palmer's popularism and anti vaxxer boosting was before Trump however, he did try to copy it somewhat. He also royally hosed over workers and is probably one of the most hated people here esp in WA.

Also mostly, the GOP style of politcs is a good way to get yourself not elected as a bunch of very surprised lovely politicans found out in May. Hate baiting the gays got roundly defeated in the same sex vote, hating transgender isnt working, the country has become majority secular so screaming and stamping of feet by fundies isnt really working re abortion, hell even Murdoch press isnt really able to come up with a good working scare about minorities esp given that well..... in plenty parts of Australia it's become Asian decent *majority*

The scumbag LNP will find a way to break through again but the standard Trump playbook wont be it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Make Australia Great Again is mostly from a lovely billionaire called Clive Palmer who used Trump style popularism for his political party called Unite Australia Party.
Ohhh, is he the Titanic replica guy?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

InitialDave posted:

Ohhh, is he the Titanic replica guy?

Yep, as well as the “screw all my workers” guy.

He’s not been particularly successful at getting any of his idiots into parliament, but he has managed to direct a lot of the more stupid members of society towards the right side of politics at the detriment of said society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not quite - Make Australia Great Again turns you mostly a target for people to tell you to gently caress off loudly and openly. Make Australia Great Again is mostly from a lovely billionaire called Clive Palmer who used Trump style popularism for his political party called Unite Australia Party. He tried to ride anti vaxxer hard, anti lockdown etc and spend somethign like 100 million in the recent election trying to get candidates elected.... and basically failed. He also tried to sue West Australia for billions and lost. Palmer's popularism and anti vaxxer boosting was before Trump however, he did try to copy it somewhat. He also royally hosed over workers and is probably one of the most hated people here esp in WA.

Also mostly, the GOP style of politcs is a good way to get yourself not elected as a bunch of very surprised lovely politicans found out in May. Hate baiting the gays got roundly defeated in the same sex vote, hating transgender isnt working, the country has become majority secular so screaming and stamping of feet by fundies isnt really working re abortion, hell even Murdoch press isnt really able to come up with a good working scare about minorities esp given that well..... in plenty parts of Australia it's become Asian decent *majority*

The scumbag LNP will find a way to break through again but the standard Trump playbook wont be it.

Glad to hear it's not working down there.
Oddly enough, the majority in the US aren't MAGA - they're just very loud, colorful idiots, but that doesn't matter because the loving Right spent decades jerrymandering the gently caress out of voting districts to collect all the gullible idiots together.
I'm astounded how Latinos are moving to the Republican party, but given how much the Dems are focusing on poo poo that's high-brow but has zero effect on day-to-day difficulties of, you know, living, it becomes somewhat understandable. Not that the Right is going to do anything about affordable housing, employment and wages, which is actually what's causing most people pain. Quite the opposite, but for some reason...