Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

Glad to hear it's not working down there.
Oddly enough, the majority in the US aren't MAGA - they're just very loud, colorful idiots, but that doesn't matter because the loving Right spent decades jerrymandering the gently caress out of voting districts to collect all the gullible idiots together.
I'm astounded how Latinos are moving to the Republican party, but given how much the Dems are focusing on poo poo that's high-brow but has zero effect on day-to-day difficulties of, you know, living, it becomes somewhat understandable. Not that the Right is going to do anything about affordable housing, employment and wages, which is actually what's causing most people pain. Quite the opposite, but for some reason...

when someone is faced with the choice between the "pretends to care about you but actually makes everything worse for you on purpose" party and the "doesn't try to hide how little they're interested in making any change in either direction" party, i can see why the former might have some attraction if you don't look too close. it doesn't make that the right decision, but i can see why someone might make it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes but so is the idea of a few cities being able to dictate everything to everyone else living in places of which they have no understanding.

Don't think I exclude myself, I don't know what it's like to live in even a city as big as Denver, let alone SD/SF/LA.

the "few cities" is where all the people live, though, is the thing

land shouldnt get to vote

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sounds like you shouldn't be one country...

ok, but where do you draw the line? just give up on anyone who live in a state ruled by shitheads? are there any that aren't?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Maybe you can use population density, have a bunch of city states.

that would be interesting

of course, they don't really want to secede. team red knows that all the money and services come from blue areas, and they'd never make it on their own. what they really want is dominance over everyone else, not separation.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Yeah, now that you mention it, if it was some kind of stunt/trick/jump thing and he actually got struck by a moving snowmobile that'll be bad. For some reason, I was thinking more of a regular rollover accident when you mentioned "landed on him".

iirc, the article i read earlier said that he was riding uphill, and the snowmobile flipped back and came down on him

e: it was this article, a bit less detailed than i remembered: https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a42381041/ken-block-dead/

the cops posted:

Block was riding on a steep slope in the Mill Hollow area outside Woodland, Utah at around 2:00 p.m. when his snowmobile "upended, landing on top of him," police said.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that patch has the starfield to the rear, though, so maybe he supports the cops retreating from "battle"?