Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Vape dudes in flatbrims all the way to.. vape dudes in flatbrims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You talking about the California that has 2 senators and a greater population than the 15 red states combined with 30 senators?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Mentioned this friend's channel before, he's not automotive on this content, but it's still stuff that most AI people find interesting and he knows more about cars and how they work than I do.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5dIscvDxrb7CD5uiJJOiw

He's as far from a chud as anyone I've ever met.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah I've known him for almost 20 years, we became friends initially over a shared love of stupid old Apple computers and slow-but-fun cars (he had a Mazdaspeed 3 Protege at the time while I was aspiring to get an E46, I eventually ended up with an E92 M3, and over the years we've talked a lot about buying matching junker S13 240's and doing them up to be fun weekend warrior cars on the track & canyons) - and we've raced thousands of laps in D class Truenos on the Nurburgring with wheel & pedal setups. He also turned me on to not-original-but-the-classic-trio of Top Gear videos via a burned DVD in maybe 2004, it was before James was on the show. Super cool guy who is insanely knowledgeable and a great teacher too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
M359 Restorations has some pretty good BMW rebuilding material, and as far as I've noticed don't seem to be political at all/if so they are not blatant chuds. I've been watching their newest project of rebuilding a Silverstone II silver E92 M3 with a blown up crankshaft in the cylinders.

Statesidesupercars has a ton of great Nordschliefe content but that's just statement-free video footage of people crashing on the 'Ring, the flood of supercars at the gas stations around it etc.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
And that's why my Miata won't start today. Too Woke!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Gosh Michael Tracey, I wonder what "Helter Skelter", in relation to Charles Manson, was about

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Not to re-enact the issue, but I think it's covered by "bootlickers" -- the people who ideologically support the guy with the nazi tattoos because of his nazis beliefs are not actually the same as the people who militarily support the guy with the nazi tattoo because a genocidal dictator is illegally invading that guy's country.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The sad part is there's a huge crossover of scumbag & racist idiots in the car world, which is why this is the only decent car related forum in the world.

Still got idiots here with no reading comprehension skills, but at least their dumb hearts are in the right place.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm still trying to figure out where the typo is on the Gadsden flag

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

'Don't' has no apostrophe.

:eyepop: Now that is an interesting example of how your brain just fills in what *should* be there on things that are so familiar/often seen.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Not exactly car-related, but probably of interest to many here - I've been watching a ton of the Bearded Butcher videos on youtube. Super interesting to see how a cow carcass becomes beautiful cuts of steak/gets cooked to completion, and they wield some crazily dangerous knives and bandsaws to do it.

I assume they're massive chuds based on their design aesthetic but they don't bring it up in their videos so I'm just gonna pretend they're fine

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They finally got him
https://twitter.com/CodyVella/status/1700350499847901491

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Krakkles posted:

Wait, given the thread ... dalabast???

Nice. I couldn't remember the guy's name.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I assume it means someone who commands a WWII tank with the ghost of 19th-century Confederate general J. E. B. Stuart, who is sent by the spirit of Alexander the Great to act as a guardian over his two namesakes, Lieutenant Jeb Stuart (named Jeb Stuart Smith in the early stories, eventually shortened to Jeb Stuart) and the M3 Stuart he commands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_Tank

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Exporting pollution to other places via EVs has worked well for a lot of cities, LA included. In 2001, you could clearly see the hills north of the Valley about 10% of the time you came over the Sepulveda pass, now it's 9.5/10 days it's clear and lovely. Sunset intensity is decreased.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Don't get me wrong, I love EV's. They're perfect for the commuter/appliance driver who's just trying to get to work. The reduction in emissions in LA in my lifetime is science-fiction level poo poo and I'm very happy that these cars - while not perfect - should help guarantee that petrol will be available for naturally aspirated cars with a soundtrack for the rest of my existence. Also glad that LA DWP isn't on the Edison grid, so we don't get brownouts here. Odd how private industry sucks rear end whenever possible, while government waste ensures the services citizens need still work.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Much like me turning off the water while I brush my teeth as Nestle uses 1m gallons of water on their almonds every day, on the plus side, if 3 billion people start driving EV's only, it will undo the damage one cruise ship does.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mr. Apollo posted:

People have asked him if he supports Trump on FB live videos and he always responds with something like "I don't like talking about politics" and then just continues on with whatever he was doing.

The libertarian pipeline