Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I'm hoping that Edd China hasn't done anything questionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

So I went looking up how to get ahold of Pastrana and Block and duh, they're both with Hoonigan so I sent them an email. Who knows if I'll hear anything.

Would also be worth shooting an email to Subaru of America and/or their Motorsports division. They're a big sponsor of Pastrana and it is their car(s) that have the Black Rifle logo on them. Heck, I just realized it is emblazoned front and center on their racing suits. https://www.subaru.com/motorsports.html

https://media.subaru.com/cgm-contacts.do?&mid=115&allImage=1

I'll try to punch out an email tomorrow.

c355n4 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 8, 2022

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I don't know why it felt so weird to write/send that email. I hope I didn't sound like a crazy person. I ended up sending this email to Jessica Tullman the Product Communications person at Subaru. I didn't want to spam everyone over there. The email I sent is below:

quote:

Hi Jessica,
I've been a Subaru owner and fan since 2000 following them in the WRC. I was elated when Subaru Rally Team USA started in 2001. I remember watching the X-Games events with excitement. This is part of the reason I campaign my own 1999 2.5RS in autocross and road racing. I've visited the HQ in Cherry Hill, NJ and had the chance to see the 22B in person. The organizations and initiatives that Subaru supports have always resonated with me spanning from the outdoors, animals, education, veterans, and equality.

Recently, I noticed that Black Rifle Coffee Company must be a fairly large sponsor of Travis Pastrana as their logo is prominently displayed on his Subaru racecars and race suit. I do not know if they are a sponsor of the Subaru Rally Team itself or just the driver. I suspect it is just the driver as their logos do not appear on Scott Speed or Brandon Semenuk. 

On the face of it Black Rifle Coffee Company is a veteran owned company and it is great to support veterans. Unfortunately, they do have some questionable marketing and associations. They have a style of coffee called Silencer Smooth which has the logo of SS. https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/silencer-smooth-coffee-rounds?variant=36581705926%A0

A very catchy name that rolls off the tongue for sure; but it is hard to ignore the connotation of the Nazi SS organization. It just feels at odds with Subaru's typical sponsors and values. I know that sponsorship contracts in motorsports are a minefield of complication and overlap. A driver and team each have their own sponsors they must keep happy. Generally they are not at odds.    

Thanks for your time on reading this email. I know that Subaru may not have control over this sponsorship; but I would be grateful if you could forward this email to the relevant individual(s).
Sincerely, Me

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I never got a reply to my email to Subaru about BRCC. Probably sent to the wrong person.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

On the subject of the UK. I enjoy watching Guy Martin's YouTube and he seems cool. But I also initially thought Mike Rowe was cool. Anything I'm missing?