Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm really hoping Pastrana's support of Black Rifle Coffee is just "Hey that's a veteran thing, I'll support that/I'll take their money" rather than "Those guys are dead on in their political beliefs"

Same. I'm not a huge car guy but I dig what Pastrana has been doing. Has anyone approached him on social media about Black Rifle Coffee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yeah, but in UK politics, being pro foxhunting is like nine-out-of-ten times a tell for other kinds of “Preserving British Traditions” Torydom, and is a position almost exclusively held either by dudes with gentry family backgrounds who want to bring back the old hallmarks and customs of the aristocracy, or by nouveau-riche dudes like Brian Ferry

Now hold on don't be dissin' Roxy Music like that...

*Looks up Bryan Ferry on Wikipedia*

:stonk:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Gymkhana 2022 dropped and they've still got the Black Rifle Coffee Company sponsorship. :(

Not only that, but they're also sponsored by Pit Viper (maybe they were already and I didn't notice?), a company that is vocally against right-wing CHUDs and makes a point of donating money to queer causes every time some Proud Boys are spotted wearing their shades.

Both companies must be big sponsors, because they both have title cards at the beginning of the video. I wonder how that went over in their boardrooms.

I want to enjoy these videos, not only for the driving skill and crazy stunts but for the incredible production value (seriously the logistics of creating them must be staggering), but I can't abide anyone who supports that nazi coffee company.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

amenenema posted:

Oh poo poo I had no idea about Pit Viper - that's cool as hell. Thanks!

I definitely only learned this a few weeks ago myself, and it's absolutely one of those :unsmith: moments when you find out. It's downright heartwarming to know that a brand whose marketing aesthetic is entirely based on the silly hyper-masculinity and braggadocio of 80s/90s pro wrestling, could embody such progressive values. I imagine they were mortified when Proud Boys started wearing their stuff as any of us would be, and they took a stand in an incredibly real way. I think they're still a really small operation too, and honestly the shades are clutch. I own two pairs. They also make some hilarious hats.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

meatpimp posted:

I appreciate the effortpost, but she's a common public figure in the US and it's just not that important here, and comparing it to deadnaming is disrespectful, imo. gently caress the monarchy and its traditions.

Agreed, and I also wouldn't put this on the same level as deadnaming a trans person in terms of how deliberately mean-spirited it is, but CAT INTERCEPTOR is definitely correct that it's a calculated move by the media to belittle her. These are journalists who certainly have APA/MLA style guides and other grammar rules drilled into them, it's not really something you forget. It's also not hard to just call people what they want to be called. There's some intention here.

Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor (nee Markle). There, that was easy. But yeah I also don't really care about the monarchy, I'm posting out of sheer boredom at this point.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Full Collapse posted:

Well, with Ken Block dead, I don't think we'll need to worry about that BRCC sponsorship anymore. :smith:

Holy poo poo, that sucks. Snowmobile landed on him, I'm guessing? Those things are death machines.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Riding into hard objects usually gets more people on snowmobiles, ATVs are the rollover killers.

I was thinking more of it being a failed stunt jump with the machine coming down on him, but I'm sure you're right. Either way that's tragic.

The drummer from Earth, Wind & Fire died too, probably not snowmobile-related though. :smith:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I know I already said 'snowmobiles are dangerous' but there is something weird about someone who does absurdly dangerous things for a living dying doing... Something else. I guess I don't know how avid a snowboarder Block was, but seems to me rally driving was more his main thing.

Maybe it's just reminding me of how shocked I was to hear about Nicky Hayden being killed on a bicycle.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ok Comboomer posted:

Reminds me of Schumacher’s accident

Oh drat this too.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Are those dirtbike conversion kits (with a ski on the forks and a thinner snowmobile belt on the swingarm) any less dangerous? Seems to me I'd much rather drive one of those than a heavy-rear end snowmobile, which was a huge chore the only time I tried it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

CommieGIR posted:

The caveat is that Russia is literally coopting Nazi poo poo too, and employing a PMC specifically associated with Neo-Nazis. And started this entire war with literal 'blood and soil' ideas.

And by and large, Ukraine is not white supremacist and far more progressive than Russia is. The Neo-Nazi party in Ukraine is not popular and by and large lost all but a single seat in parliament, in fact most of them aligned with the Separatists during the 2014 Invasion and Azov was largely dissolved and reorganized as an actual Ukrainian unit. There's some sketchy symbolism going on, but its mostly being used as a way to handwave any of what Russia is doing, which is active genocide and murder.

Well said.

When someone tries to point out the nazi stuff in Ukraine, I usually just hit back with "Where do you live that doesn't have a bit of a nazi problem? The Big Rock Candy Mountain?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The funniest thing about the Gadsden flag is the typo that nobody ever bothered to correct.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

H1KE posted:

curate my subs

This phrase is funny in a couple of ways.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Apropos of which: wanna shout out the ascendant motorcycle channel, Squidtips (https://youtube.com/@SquidTips), for being aggressively and unapologetically rad in a space where outright support and allyship for LGBTQ people is still largely treated as a liability at best by many creators

Thanks for sharing this channel, looks like I'm gonna love it.

Darchangel posted:

but a new contender has come to light:

This one's my second favourite next to this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm still trying to figure out where the typo is on the Gadsden flag