Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I really hope that rich deboss is one of the nice polite Canadians and not a chud. I really enjoy his content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Advent Horizon posted:

Diesel Creek/Matt on YouTube is a chud. He’s tagged #MakeAmericaGreatAgain a few times, shared pro-freedom convoy stories on IG, and put a Greta “How Dare You!” sticker on his excavator.

Seems a lot of those types are sadly- Mike from Dirt Perfect has thin *insert colour here* line flags up in his workshop and a few other things around. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Chris from LetsDig18 really go off into politics- he seems content to make his content just about digging holes and building ponds.

Farmer tube is a bit hit and miss too- you can’t miss the trump poo poo and other chud stuff hanging up in the Welkers workshop, but they seem to have worked out that he really didn’t have farmers interests at heart and you never hear them getting political. Larson farms are the same, you see the info wars stickers and poo poo like that around the place but they seem to do a good job of keeping the chud out.

I think the only one who’s truly non political tho would be Millennial Farmer. He’s touched on politics from time to time, but it’s mostly to inform his audience about the impact politics has on farmers on the ground. Same as he grumbles about DEF and calls it government juice, but that’s more because the implementation of it has been pretty badly done in ag and when your tractor takes a poo poo at a critical moment cos a DEF sensor has had a wobbly, that can have a year long impact on your bottom line.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Does not compute

They stickers are in the background but you don’t hear em carrying on about it at all. They whinge and carry on but it’s all the same poo poo farmers all whine about- it’s not raining enough, it’s rained too much, it rained enough but at the wrong time, the price of inputs, the price of outputs….

I can’t say I’ve ever seen them go off on a rant about politics or any poo poo like that in their social media or YouTube, so I dunno what the relevance of the stickers actually are?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

rdb posted:

Having met Mike Simon and farmer Chris Tempel IRL I can assure you they both go right but I can at least respect them for not trying to redpill the audience. I think this county went 70% trump in the last election.

I think thats more the thing with the welkers in particular too- Montana, god bothering, republicans. They were going to have the trump/pence flag up just because they were the next ones up for the poo poo show. Their dad probably had the bush/regan etc (i know SFA bout american republican presidents apart from them being generally bad) propaganda up too. I can respect them for the same thing too- they dont try to force their political views on the audience either, and are willing to actually discuss politics regarding how they impact farming- not to the extent that Zac Johnson does, but he's also made it his channels goal to educate about farming, including how the political side of things- trade wars, subsidies, market manipulation and the like plays into the process of people getting food and products from farm to consumer.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Ohhh, is he the Titanic replica guy?

Yep, as well as the “screw all my workers” guy.

He’s not been particularly successful at getting any of his idiots into parliament, but he has managed to direct a lot of the more stupid members of society towards the right side of politics at the detriment of said society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Darchangel posted:

I'm astounded how Latinos are moving to the Republican party, but given how much the Dems are focusing on poo poo that's high-brow but has zero effect on day-to-day difficulties of, you know, living, it becomes somewhat understandable. Not that the Right is going to do anything about affordable housing, employment and wages, which is actually what's causing most people pain. Quite the opposite, but for some reason...

It’s like the agricultural sector here in Australia votes almost exclusively for the liberal/national party, who without fail ALWAYS fucks over the agricultural and rural sectors. I don’t know whether it’s just stubbornness or ingrained stupidity at this point?