Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

BigPaddy posted:

Uncle Tony is an old Automotive Journalist and hot rodder who just has some pretty lovely views and likes to spout them unpressured on his channel about cars, example https://youtu.be/zNeP-4EbOV8

Misread that as "This Old Tony" for a second and got concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I was just reading the OSHA thread, and I read AvE went from anti-mask to anti-mask to claiming that oily rags don't constitute a fire hazard.

Anyone still watching that dumb gently caress who can confirm?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

SlowBloke posted:

ABOM79 received a fuckload of CNC machines for his shop recently and i clearly remember AvE getting proper insufferable just after getting his. I hope ABOM doesn't go full chud like AvE.

Adam Booth seems like the least political dude on the planet.

I hope he doesn't chud out, I need something to fall asleep to.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Darchangel posted:

I don't put stickers like that on my car because I don't want to have that conversation, especially with strangers, because boy howdy, do chuds really want to tell you about how wrong-headed you are, unsolicited.
My social anxiety is bad enough already.

Oh gently caress, I don't put bumper stickers on my cars in general, but when they put a charger in at my local grocery store, every* greybeard gently caress in the area used it as an excuse to talk to me about owning an electric car, that somehow went from me talking about how much I loved it to "it sure is silly California's mandating them while they're having rolling brownouts! Hurrrfff durrrff huuuurr." I haven't had that much unwanted attention from old men since I rode a motorcycle to work in uniform every day, and got regaled with "I hadda one of them crotch rockets** when I was your age, did 250MPH on it one time and then realized I'd kill myself if I didn't sell it!"

*TBF, a few were genuinely curious, and we had nice conversations about range and charging and other EV stuff you don't see in magazines.

**An FZ6, outfitted for touring, is not a "crotch rocket" you stupid loving boomer.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

With VTL and time of use charging, EVs could actually help stabilize California's electric grid. They need to nationalize PG&E anyways. The loving hippies need to start demanding nuclear power instead of fighting it too, though CA is possibly one of the worst places in the world to build nuke plants, you can build them elsewhere and truck the power in.

Mass transit is the way forward, but using myself as an example, in 5 years I'll be able to take the train to work, for now.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

EVs produce significantly less pollution overall than gas cars, the one exception being driving a Honda Insight in West Virginia is slightly better for overall emissions than a pure BEV. They reduce overall pollution levels as well as local levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

At the very least Abom seems to have a strong aversion to talking politics on his channel whatsoever. I need to catch back up on his stuff.