Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Cataffy posted:

If it's not that enforcement he supports, is it only the beating of minorities part?

That's what the flag means. Assholes will wave that thing around while calling for the FBI to be defunded, they don't give a poo poo about cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The Leopards won't eat my face

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

My real questions are about what is going on with that stuff mounted on the roof

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Last night I purchased a little sticker of a frog holding a pride flag to stick on my window and I blast a lot of Kim Petras

E: oh man, in person, not in cars? Ask how many hectares you can get on a single tank of kerosene

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 14, 2023

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It's more energy efficient to burn tons of coal in a massive power plant than burn mL's of gasoline in an ICE so I guess it evens out in the end. I don't mind if finding a gas station is like finding a kerosene pump in the future and gas is $19 a gallon, I just want to hear my engine make noise while I drive my garage queen

CommieGIR posted:

Oh, I'm aware. Doesn't mean that particular point is wrong. Hence the 'worst guy you know makes a great point' thing.

"You're not wrong, you're just an rear end in a top hat"
I feel like I get that response a lot...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Why won't you people just accept your personal responsibility for climate change? You can't control or even blame business like that; America is about innovation, not about red tape

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

meatpimp posted:

It's not even that so much for me... Americans have torched way more than our share of the planet, but some of us believe science and recognize things need to change for viable human live to continue as-is.

But, even if we do, there are second and third world countries that are going ham on any fossil fuel they can (because they are following our lead and chasing our "success"), with no regard for emissions or the environment, and I just don't see any way that we, as a world, will accept change enough to matter.

So... embrace nihilism.

I mean, the joke was that Americans have been so brain poisoned that we talk about climate change as if it were a personal responsibility thing when almost all blame falls on rich people, business, and government

To be clear, I do not want to sound like I am messing with you or trying to diminish your feelings, climate grief is 100% valid. We have no way to fix the hell we have wrought and no one with the capability to do anything at all has any interest in doing so, making it more painful to watch the collapse inch closer. When the water wars begin and famine sweeps the planet as fisheries run dry, at least us individuals can look back and say, "I did what I could with the extremely limited resources I had available to try to give us more time." What else can one regular person do?

Honestly though, on further reflection with this thread, I think just want a plug in hybrid going forward. I get my green-ish electric car that can go for god knows how long without visiting a gas station, and also a little gasoline engine to get over range anxiety and for emergency situations

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

On one hand, I can respect not wanting it to taint your work with unfortunate political beliefs. On the other hand, it's becoming a question that being on the fence about is becoming less acceptable by the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Mr. Apollo posted:

It's the same thing with a lot of people who make videos about WW2. I was talking to an actual historian who specializes in WW2 a few years ago and he said he'd notice a small dip in subscribers whenever he posted a video about the myth of the "clean wehrmacht". He said it's unfortunate but he understands why a lot of people who rely on YouTube as their main source of income avoid topics that are controversial with "certain groups" because they'd lose a lot of their subscribers.

It can get even weirder when modern political ideologies are laid over things that happened that long ago. There's a guy who just had awful takes on all of the historic content he posted, not clean wehrmacht bad, but drawing inexplicable conclusions that are detached from reality

Then I got a recommendation for his "defending my AnCap ideology" video and it all made sense. And I blocked his channel

CommieGIR posted:

Yup, had the same issue - I'm a huge nut for German Tank design, and bringing it up in any sort of casual conversation can invite some unsavory characters.

Guderian was a rare, randomly generated name to get for elves in Warhammer TW, and the devs removed it recently with a note apologizing for not noticing it and getting rid of it sooner. The amount of people screaming about the injustice against the "not a Nazi" who was responsible for entrenching Nazi ideologies into every layer of the wehrmacht was surreal. Of course he said he wasn't a Nazi once the war was over, Nazis were being hunted down and killed