Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

I'll be perfectly straight forward here and admit I'm a bi genderqueer Communist and yet I still watch Cleetus' videos. IDK if it's because for the most part he has kept the chud poo poo out of his videos, even while i can admit the events at his place have been super loving dumb, they're also some of the best grassroots stuff going on right now and I don't think he would have been so blase if he hadn't just spent a fuckton of money to get his racetrack going before the pandemic and would have been completely hosed otherwise. Plus Florida is basically land of "Who Gives a gently caress"?

Roast me if you want, i know i have terrible opinions. I also think if you're in a land where no one else gives a gently caress, you're kinda foolish to give a gently caress yourself beyond a certain point.

Fwiw, I've been to an event where cletus was one of the people officiating. It was hosted by local car groups fl2k and I love driving slow (Also known as FACTION, ilds is their merch arm). I've also ran into him out in the wilds of tampa a few times. Something to keep in mind is that Cleetus is absolutely a character he plays, his real persona is absolutely your generic business republican. I wouldn't call someone out for watching his stuff, but who he hangs around with and stories about what a gigantic rear end in a top hat his buddy is soured him on me.

Also his raging hardon for Texas Speed and Performance makes me wonder because that company was like 2 steps short of saying the quiet part out loud when I went through their media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

After he bought into Motion Raceworks, that TexasSpeed boner def went much more limp, also now he's spending big with Steve Morris and KSR. One thing about the "hangs around" is that he is one of three of the biggest names in Car Yooootooobe (Him, DeMuro and MCM) so there is a lot of clout chasing going on where lovely channels are trying to signalboost by being able to hang out with him. That clout chasing is also happening with KSR being asked to wave his magic over say VCG's car - if you can say you are Cleetus' budy or your car been worked by Kevin Smith then you get clout points and those kind of clout chasers are usually not exactly the best people.

Hangs around with is referring to his friend with the cts-v being a massive rear end in a top hat to fans and other people. But I don't know them personally, so vOv

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

The only one I know tangentially related to the channel with a cts-v is Cooper who is doing his own thing now for unspecified reasons and hasn't been seen in videos for like 2 years now. If he's still showing up at events and stuff, he's not seen in the content so eh?

gently caress, I'm really not trying to come off as a fanboy but I also don't go to live events cause I'm on the total opposite side of the country.

Yeah, that dingleberry. As you can tell, it's been a minute since I regularly followed him. And most stories about cooper being an rear end in a top hat are obviously pre-panini hell world.