Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I'll be perfectly straight forward here and admit I'm a bi genderqueer Communist and yet I still watch Cleetus' videos. IDK if it's because for the most part he has kept the chud poo poo out of his videos, even while i can admit the events at his place have been super loving dumb, they're also some of the best grassroots stuff going on right now and I don't think he would have been so blase if he hadn't just spent a fuckton of money to get his racetrack going before the pandemic and would have been completely hosed otherwise. Plus Florida is basically land of "Who Gives a gently caress"?

Roast me if you want, i know i have terrible opinions. I also think if you're in a land where no one else gives a gently caress, you're kinda foolish to give a gently caress yourself beyond a certain point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Beverly Cleavage posted:

This one is borderline for me. He's definitely got a bit of a conservative tint to his views, but I don't think RB is a chud, nor does he seem to advertise it blatantly/too much. It's at least minor enough that I haven't stopped watching their content... yet.

I could certainly be wrong and if there's more evidence to that end, I'd love to see it.

I won't watch their videos because on a now banned twitter account, so I can't pull up receipts, he straight up told me to "eat poo poo and stop watching our videos if you have a problem with my politics" so yeah, i'm good. you could probably goad him into admitting he's a terf too

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Elmnt80 posted:

Hangs around with is referring to his friend with the cts-v being a massive rear end in a top hat to fans and other people. But I don't know them personally, so vOv

The only one I know tangentially related to the channel with a cts-v is Cooper who is doing his own thing now for unspecified reasons and hasn't been seen in videos for like 2 years now. If he's still showing up at events and stuff, he's not seen in the content so eh?

gently caress, I'm really not trying to come off as a fanboy but I also don't go to live events cause I'm on the total opposite side of the country.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Lol I love when some old rear end reg conservative barges into a conversation and starts complaining about how the site is now so woke. Didn't we run most of you off years ago?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I know we're not trying to be too nitpicky but the guest on the newest on the newest Skid Factory was wearing a Make Australia Great Again hat. Kinda disappointing but I probably shouldn't be surprised coming from those bogans.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Again, not trying to witch hunt, but if I were Al and Woody I'd tell the rear end in a top hat to take off his bigot hat before he's featured on my channel that's watched by hundreds of thousands of people if I really cared.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Darchangel posted:

...that's a thing?
Who knew Trump was an internationally infectious disease?

Fascism knows no borders.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

slothrop posted:

I guess it's on topic, but maybe as a counter example, perhaps a little palette cleanser if you will.

I was stoked to see M&M in the latest Mighty Car Mods video talking aboout mental health and their ambassadorship for a mental health org (reachout.com)

I think this thread, by it's nature, has the potential to be a lot of doom and gloom. It's great we're going our due diligence and making sure we know what we're consuming and who we're supporting. Perhaps it might be worthwhile looking for some bright spots too?

Those two seem like genuinely good dudes and I know there are people here who've met them and have said the same.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Someone might want to hit up Ken Block about his newest sponsor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1561765433576869888

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I can do the filming and editing part but I have no money for projects or road trips. The last video I made was a year ago of me driving from West Yellowstone to Big Horn, MT, is 1hr45m long and I think has like 100 views, 30 of those are easily me.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I only have a GoPro and my iPhone right now for recording but I built my computer partially in mind for video editing so I can do 4k60fps poo poo no problem. I’m in Sacramento area if there actually is anyone who wants to start something but doesn’t want to do the filming and editing.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Block had a BRC sponsor sticker on his car In one of his recent videos.I’m pretty sure that conversation happened in a different thread tho

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 7, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

So I went looking up how to get ahold of Pastrana and Block and duh, they're both with Hoonigan so I sent them an email. Who knows if I'll hear anything.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Ether Frenzy posted:

Vape dudes in flatbrims all the way to.. vape dudes in flatbrims

You do know Subaru was really supportive of LGBTQ people right? IDK if they still do it but for a long time, they'd put some money to a queer charity every time someone bought a car. Also the Forester was basically the official car of lesbians for a very long time.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

Aren't those guys in California? Where to they find these assholes?

If you step foot outside of the 3 metropolitan areas, you're surrounded by right wing assholes. I've got 4 neighbors still flying Trump flags.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes but so is the idea of a few cities being able to dictate everything to everyone else living in places of which they have no understanding.

Don't think I exclude myself, I don't know what it's like to live in even a city as big as Denver, let alone SD/SF/LA.

Yeah but instead of that we have something around 15% of the population having the majority of congresspersons. Abolish congress, keep the house and fix gerrymandering.

Go back to cspam I tell myself.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Elviscat posted:

I was just reading the OSHA thread, and I read AvE went from anti-mask to anti-mask to claiming that oily rags don't constitute a fire hazard.

Anyone still watching that dumb gently caress who can confirm?

Ok, so I can at least kinda understand the thought process behind being anti-mask but who the gently caress says chemistry and physics are wrong?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

NurSpec posted:

I always recommend Taylor Ray whenever someone is looking for a fun car YouTube channel.

https://youtube.com/c/TaylorRayDrifts

He's definitely worth checking out for his sick turbo C6 drift build he's doing currently.

(I guess he's kinda orbiting the Florida crew but I sense none of the chuddiness from him)

Yeah the C6 build he’s finishing up right now is really good.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Ok Comboomer posted:

I think in AI we can appreciate the fundamental difference between flying your helicopter to work and being flown to work in your helicopter

if you can afford to both fly and maintain your own personal helicopter, you deserve the guillotine but the person who's being flown gets a rusty dull one

i'll go so far as if you can afford to get in a private helicopter you get Kobe'd

e; i know this is AI but i just paid my car bill and i'm wishing i lived in a city with actual public transportation

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 20, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

STR posted:

Sorry, way the hell behind on the thread. 60 hour work weeks + 10 hours a week of commuting. Finally getting into a normal schedule soon - I haven't looked at Youtube at all in a good bit.

One of my coworkers showed up to work wearing a Vice Grip Garage hat. I seem to remember someone saying in the first few pages that Derek wound up being semi-chud? Has he gone full political, or mostly keeps politics out of stuff? It's been a few months since I watched any VGG stuff.

He's definitely a chud but he seems to keep it out of his videos. Take that how you will.

Myself, a card carrying communist, still watches his videos because they're entertaining and there's nothing overtly political about him. Do I know just from watching him that he voted R? yeah but he doesn't seem like he'd shoot you for no reason. he's basically in the same camp as Cleetus to me.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 24, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Lowclock posted:

The Alex Taylor <3 Trump stuff is pretty funny. I only really knew her from other people's videos as that girl who cannot make a single pass at a drag and drive event without breaking poo poo.

She only managed to break 2 different overdrives this Drag Week.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't recall Tony saying anything actually political one way or the other, but I recall him being vocally pro-mask early on in the pandemic.

He's just incredibly good at blowing up cars, especially if it's Finnegan's Blasphemi.

Yeah he was at least one of the good guys masking up and making sure everyone in the shop was too

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I do love the policy Pit Vipers has, I just wish they had some more normal styles because I do not have the confidence to wear Macho Man sunglasses.

you need the glasses first to have the confidence. just owning a pair will make you wanna be Macho Man

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i'll call someone whatever name they want but i'll be hosed before i call someone with a PhD a doctor if they're not doing medicine on me

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

didn't her and harry ditch the royalty? so the dutchess of whatever title should be null and she should just be mountbatten-windsor if she took harry's last name

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

InitialDave posted:

Ooooh, ok, I get this in the American sense where people are loving pathetic about their titles, but someone who has earned a PhD very much is a doctor, and you should refer to them as such.

Whereas a dentist or a veterinarian is a surgeon, and is correctly titled as Mr/Mrs/Ms. Unless they are American, and think they should be called "Dr", in which case you should comply with their wishes with as much "oh, bless your heart" as you can muster.

I’m talking about non medical people who have a PhD and insist on being called doctor and are like “I didn’t spend 10 years in school to be called Mister.” They can go gently caress themselves. You’re not special.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BuckyDoneGun posted:

By all means, when this type of dickhead is out the gate and going off on one, by all means tell them "Sir, this is a Wendy's", but otherwise it's entirely possible to hate people who do this, and also agree that there are times and places (professional and academic) where those titles matter.

There might be a medical doctor directing your cancer treatment, but it took someone with an engineering PhD to develop radiotherapy machines, MRI's etc.

that's totally cool and all but even if your an actual doctor of medicine, if i meet you outside of an office where you're treating me or unless you're doing something like presenting at a conference where you're presenting something directly to your training and you expect me to refer to you as Doctor Soandso, eat the poo poo directly from my rear end you pretentious piece of poo poo. even D- students can become doctors. look at Ben Carson who is supposedly one of the greatest brain surgeons known to man

e; sorry this is getting way off topic

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 18, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

morothar posted:

They had elevator/escalator mechanics on the show this or last year. That’s a $100K++ job if you’re union. To the extent that we can’t get mechanics to move ‘up’ into superintendent roles.

the show is still around?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

LloydDobler posted:

Just looked on IMDB and it ended its 8th season in 2012, started season 9 in 2021 and season 10 started 2 weeks ago.

ok that makes sense, i hadn't even seen reruns of it in like 5 years

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I just watched the entire thing and while it's 100% true, it is kinda funny coming from a dude who just produced an entire Netflix series with Barack and Michelle tho.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 26, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I wish I had something like "I hope all 40 of his super cars are turned into something witty I can't come up with right now cause it's 2am" but I really wish there was a way to turn his collection into something worthwhile to his victims, but you just know that they're just gonna get auctioned off to people who are just as lovely because this is Romania (we all know this happens in the US too) and the cycle will continue.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I don't have receipts, but I do recall Hammond being pretty classist. He's also just whiney and unlikeable and unpleasant. Maybe not chuddy but except for occasionally choosing some hilarious outlandish vehicle for the challenges I never cared for his contributions.

There is the whole Mexico thing with Hammond.

I've hated Hammond and Clarkson for years and still watched TG/TGT because there was nothing else like it. I don't think I'll be going back and watching any of it again or continuing to watch TGT when it comes back on tho, which hurts because there are some genuinely great moments like the 4wd South America trip, Vietnam and Mongolia.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 31, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

IIRC Terry Gilliam is still a good dude too but I haven't heard about him in a while now.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Yeah if you know the odds of something bad happening are 1%, it’s probably not going to stop you from doing it. But if you do it 100 times, your luck is probably going to run out at some point

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The only really interesting thing to come out of GT was the Mongolia trip anyway and it would have been better with 3 new hosts who were actually trying rather than trying make a sitcom. Actual REALITY tv needs to be a thing and not just a YouTube thing.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 17, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

eh, i dislike Hammond for the whole mercilessly making GBS threads on Mexico thing

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

IDK if it actually means anything but on Finnegan's most recent video he got a signed NOFX flag from a fan that he was stupid happy about and was like, "They're one of my favorite bands."

It could totally be a "RATM is my favorite band" from Paul Ryan thing but I'd like to think good things about Finn.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

ishikabibble posted:

he grew up in southern california during the 90s

he's basically legally obligated to like punk/pop punk

I mean i get that, but NOFX is also like stupid progressive and I'd like to think if you'd say you're a huge fan of them in 2023 still, it should mean something.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

morothar posted:

My wife’s been watching some programs with her the other day, and my reaction to her bit swings wildly and uncontrollably from “amused chuckle” to “annoyed scoff”.

those are the appropriate reactions for what she's trying to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yep, Nik is very much not a chud by all accounts

Then he needs to tell Ric to gently caress off. I don’t care how many contrarian tweets Nik makes if he still works with that piece of poo poo.

E: I’ll keep saying his this but Brunning has told me straight to gently caress off if I don’t agree with him, so I have no clue how the project turned out cause I blocked them on YT

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 5, 2023