Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm not going to like reading this thread.

It's a good idea, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Cleetus McFarland is a gigantic shithead if anyone was wondering. Big get-together during COVID which turned into a super spreader event, plus numerous dog whistles in his videos.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Ferremit posted:

info wars stickers and poo poo like that ....... A good job of keeping the chud out.

Does not compute

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Ferremit posted:

They stickers are in the background but you don’t hear em carrying on about it at all. They whinge and carry on but it’s all the same poo poo farmers all whine about- it’s not raining enough, it’s rained too much, it rained enough but at the wrong time, the price of inputs, the price of outputs….

I can’t say I’ve ever seen them go off on a rant about politics or any poo poo like that in their social media or YouTube, so I dunno what the relevance of the stickers actually are?

It's one thing to whinge about politicians loving you over or even supporting a lovely conservative candidate. It's another to display the raging dumpster fire that is Infowars. We're talking literal "Obama made the frogs gay" and "the Nazis were right" levels of insanity.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

BuckyDoneGun posted:

When anyone does this with progressive values like displaying a rainbow flag or BLM or whatever, those sort of people complain about virtue signalling. It's exactly the same behaviour, only a problem when other people do it.

Bingo. And Infowars is just this side of a Q sticker. Or maybe a black sun.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Panty Saluter posted:

Is that one of the guys working on Binky? How old is that photo, because it looks almost nothing like him

IDK how much it matters because it's a smallish auto repair channel, but South Main Auto is pretty chudded up. I mean it's pretty clear he rolls conservative, what with some 2A decorations around the shop and a very strong trad vibe (talking about teaching his kids they have to work in that particular way where you know he has a lot of opinions about anyone who thinks there should be a social safety net or things in that arena).

Then one day he signal boosted another channel that had merch that said "make freedom legal" and at least one video talking about how CRT is communism and destroying America, so I had to nope out at that point. A shame, because he's a fantastic technician and amazing to watch at work.

Not that it matters in this case, but 2A doesn't always mean right wing. As the saying goes "if you go far enough left, you get your guns back". Agree with the 2A or not, but be aware that there are lots of progressives who are into firearms. Black women and LGBTQIA folks have been buying lots of guns the past few years, for obvious reasons. Come on over to TFR and see.

The SMA guy can get bent.

Ok Comboomer posted:

oh also I forgot to include that InfoWars is pretty dingdang antisemitic and regularly peddles (((globalist))) and great replacement talking points, serving as a crucial on-ramp for men and boys to get sucked into explicit nazism, so like you really have to be careful and mindful when extending benefit of the doubt to people advertising their fandom/involvement in the community/support of the company
Your previous remarks and this one are pretty important for people to read and understand. Infowars is tremendously dangerous.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Panty Saluter posted:

Oh I know that, but right wingers hump the 2A in a different way (and usually more vocally). It's not 100% but if it's not coupled with a clear statement of some sort of progressive values I view it with a jaundiced eye.

Fair point, and I agree. The right wing loves them some virtue signalling, but only when it's their signals. See also: thin blue line, Gadsden, and every gun maker's logo on trucks/clothing/paraphernalia.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

I read that post.

I wish I hadn't.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Elviscat posted:

I was just reading the OSHA thread, and I read AvE went from anti-mask to anti-mask to claiming that oily rags don't constitute a fire hazard.

Anyone still watching that dumb gently caress who can confirm?

Why am I not surprised? I haven't watched him in years. His schtick got really annoying and once the Patreon-bucks starting really flowing, I knew he was going to beeline for the lowest common denominator.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I have never unsubscribed quicker from a channel than when he started doing that bullshit :lol:

It was a shame, he used to do some great videos, but around the time he got divorced and moved to his new shop, he started his flag and pledge of allegiance nonsense and I was all done.

He's in my state, too. We're such a blue state we are literally the only state to not vote for Nixon in his landslide reelection. The absolute bluest of blues and this weirdo dingleberry insists on renewing his magical skycloth cult vows on every fuckin video.
He's in my county.

I've met him. There's a reason his wife left him and took the house and chickens. He's talented, but very very far into the Fox News brainworms. It's such a shame because the machinist box giveaway was such a great idea. We desperately need more manual machinists. Partly because many of them are like him and scare anyone young away.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Yeah, the Pythons have kind of disappointed me. I heard somewhere on here recently that Stephen Fry has said some pretty right leaning things too.

Old and wealthy... It corrupts the mind into thinking that everyone and everything "new" is bad. Nevermind they made their name by being the new people who pissed off the ruling class and gentry. It's the circle of money

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Never again. :freep:

To be fair, Continental commissioned the study themselves. These companies are trying to come to grips with their histories and own up to what their predecessors did.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
The problem with schtick is that it pollutes the well. Even if it's not who you are IRL, it attracts those types of people to your circle. Enough of them push out the people who remember who you were. Then it's the steep slope of falling into your character.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Kivi posted:

He did wave the checkered flag in the Austin Formula F1 race. So he's sort of into sports, cars or publicity.

"Wave" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

https://youtu.be/3aG5HEih-O4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Nerobro posted:

I have to mention, if you have people around that are *ahem* problematic about LGBTQTIA+ stuff, SquidTips video on how he came around is totally something to show them. He's not just a supporter, he's reformed.

https://youtu.be/V-6-aEzbJ0Y?si=EpnkSq6HUkWr3rfZ

Worth the watch