Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

sharkytm posted:

Cleetus McFarland is a gigantic shithead if anyone was wondering. Big get-together during COVID which turned into a super spreader event, plus numerous dog whistles in his videos.

Yeah, I was a big Cleetus fan at first, but man, he showed pure chud core during covid. gently caress him.

I really like the guy that's on I Do Cars. If I find out he's a chud, I'm gonna be bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BigPaddy posted:

The problem is that things are so polarized that if you are the sane ones in the middle pointing out the world is shades of grey both sides just lay it on you in the brief moments they are not railing on each other. The main difference is that one side, the ultra right wing chuds, have news networks funded by advertising and backing from billionaires to push their poison.

Anyway back on topic I know Derek from VGG is a flag humping cop lover but when he is doing stuff with his sons and you can see how much he loves them and will do anything for them I can’t be mad at him because it seems to be a rare thing that someone who falls into the “family values” camp actually practices what is preached. Now I have said that it will come out he was cheating on his wife with some other YouTuber.

And that's where the magic of a culture war happens. People are upset on "both sides,"when the reality is that the powers that be have gotten us all charged up about left/right, but in reality, a lot of people are hurting on both sides, and that number is going to increase. Meanwhile, the corporate overlords and billionaires get exactly what they want, which includes massive tax breaks and corporate welfare. Right now, Intel is holding a semiconductor plant hostage in Columbus, Ohio. Why? Because congress hasn't completed the seiconductor legislature that would give Intel billions of dollars to make the plant that they will then profit from. Maddeningly, this news came the day after the local government granted Intel a 30 year tax abatement on the property of 100%.

Until the class war comes, we're hosed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I read that post.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

It finally happened. I've watched the YouTube channel "Neutral Drop" for years. It is a channel run by dead-car dealing brothers from New York that absolutely thrash the poo poo out of their acquisitions.

From neutral drops, to rocking horses, to no-mercy-reversies.... they've done god's work in thrashing the poo poo out of everything.

And I've always felt that they probably were chuds, but they always kept their content politics-free. Until today, when one of the brothers actively screamed "I love Trump."

Aaaaaaaaaand.... that's an unsubscribe and sad face. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Large Testicles posted:

Ok, so I can at least kinda understand the thought process behind being anti-mask but who the gently caress says chemistry and physics are wrong?

hopefully that's rhetorical...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

bird with big dick posted:

I say the pledge of allegiance every morning and before every meal, as the Bible instructs.

Like Senator Josh Hawley just said -- “Without the Bible, there is no America”

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/13/without-the-bible-there-is-no-america-josh-hawley-goes-full-christian-nationalist-at-natcon/

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Advent Horizon posted:

So…Who’s *not* chuddy? Seems like having a ‘cool content providers’ list might be good for anyone looking to find new channels.

SuperfastMatt and Aging Wheels seem pretty decent.

"I Do Cars" channel on youtube is a straight up AI dude.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I think he means I Do Cars is the kinda guy that would fit in well here.

I did, sorry for the confusing vagueness.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

lilbeefer posted:

I dont know much about whistlin diesel (probably a chud) but I do know he destroyed two R32 GTRs for clout, which is loving awful

Proto-chud. He can get hosed at any cost.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Don't get me wrong, I think the dudes a fuckwit and I don't care for mindless destruction either, but it's a little weird seeing people be precious about a few Hilux's. They've built almost 20 million of them and they're being run into the ground around the world every day.

WD has done a ton more lovely things than just bust a couple Toyotas. gently caress that guy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

gently caress Hoovie, I liked him at first, but after the ascent into non-stop supercars, his channel became nothing but humblebragging.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I've despised Clarkson's politics for a long time, but this may be the event that pushes me to no longer watch TGT. I have tried to separate the "art from the artist," but he is absolutely a bigoted, boomer, class-blind shitheel.

Shame, because he truly made good TV, but gently caress him. What he wrote for today was so unnecessarily over the top with its vitriol, I can only ask -- where did Megan Markle touch him?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not being critical of you as you probably not aware of this (I just want to be 100% clear on that, I am not referring to you or being critical of you), but her name is not Markle anymore and this has been one of the ways the media have sought to discredit and belittle her. As much as I loving hate nobility, she's correctly addressed as Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (Meghan for short) or Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor. Referring to her as her maiden name is such a dick move by the media and you see how it's just..... gone into public perception. It's very much like using the deadname of a transgender person and I personally think just as offensive, especially when it's being used to shape perceptions and narrative around a person the media clearly has a hateboner for.

For all it's faults, the Wikipedia article on Meghan is a great example of how to handle her name change. It's very specifically Markle before the marriage and either Dutchess of Sussex or Meghan afterwards.

I appreciate the effortpost, but she's a common public figure in the US and surnames are just not that important here, and comparing it to deadnaming is disrespectful, imo (edit3: I wanted to do some more research and it seems like it could be a US thing. Most, if not all, references use her old surname, since that's her stage name. I understand where you're coming from.) gently caress the monarchy and its traditions.

Edit: On this note, my wife watched most of the Netflix series and I find the pair of Harry and Meghan to be nothing buy properly boring. I don't understand how anyone can get riled up in any direction about them, they seem as common as milk.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 18, 2022

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Mister Speaker posted:

CAT INTERCEPTOR is definitely correct that it's a calculated move by the media to belittle her.

Depends on your viewpoint, I guess. Looking at IMDB, it's still using Markle https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1620783/

Points out of all of this? Meghan has names. The drama around Harry and Meghan is stupid. The monarchy is stupid and has a profound history of really, really bad things.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The point is that media is using her maiden name to other and belittle her and there is a fair bit of racism underlying that as well. This isnt at it's heart about wether royalty should exist, it's about a direct attack on a woman - of colour I'll add - for merely existing. Clarkson's unprovoked misogynistic attack is a long line of steaming poo poo Fleet Street and other media has been spraying at Meghan for years now albeit Clarkson really sank to a new level with this one.

I guess it's a country difference. In the US, her surname is her trade name and I notice no slight intended from any reputable news source (and all the reputable news sources used "Markle" as recently as this month). IMO, there is nothing here analogous to deadnaming.

And Clarkson can gently caress off, and I'm sad to not watch anything new from Amazon with Hammond and May, but Clarkson is irretrievably in the chud pile.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Mr. Apollo posted:

I know a guy who runs an elevator and escalator repair business. He was saying the great thing is that almost all the work is overtime since it’s done after hours to minimize disruption and regardless of the economy, regular maintenance of elevators and escalators has to be done in order to keep them licensed.

It is a really difficult union to get into, though. I have a nephew that tried, and it was a time consuming grind.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Do you mean that these unions actually make it hard to join them or that there are other obstacles like employer fuckery that makes it so?

The unions have a high barrier to entry. Once you're in, it's a sweet gig because of all the above mentioned perks, but it's a tough seat to get.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ok Comboomer posted:

the funny part about this is ... not recycling a pizza box

Why don't the chuds realize that every time they come after Greta, she only gets stronger...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

sharkytm posted:

The problem with schtick is that it pollutes the well. Even if it's not who you are IRL, it attracts those types of people to your circle. Enough of them push out the people who remember who you were. Then it's the steep slope of falling into your character.

Seen a lot in the old WWF circles. It was called "living the gimmick" and it wasn't a good thing.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 20, 2023

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Clarkson at it again

gently caress that guy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

Yo what the gently caress I need to step outside of my bookmarks list more often.

It started innocently enough in the Youtube thread:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVlMxQaAf-k

Rear engine / front motor Leaf.

All hail the Algorythm

Couple days later, Bloot replied:

Blooot posted:

It me. If you recall: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3935442&pagenumber=11&perpage=40&highlight=blooot#post516086360 -- in which I lied about making a thread about my car (I never did, I just built the thing)

If you didn't bother to click thru the links that Matt threw up, here's the one to watch of my car doing a full (composite) lap of Streets. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgoxhiMSIHA

And it went on for a little bit in that thread.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

DJ Commie posted:

I didn't really read AI at all for years and to come back somewhat expecting AI to have gone full chud as much of the industry and "influencers" have, its a wonderful feeling.

We're your friends, not like the others, man.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

SA in general is pretty anti-chud. Which is amazing considering the edgelord comedy that was the genesis of this place.

It really has been a crazy plot arc.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dick Burglar posted:

my dude, both my post and your reply can be true at the same time

Indeed... there's always more rear end to suck.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Now it's Motor Trend? That poo poo getting into mainstream media is not okay.

NBC reported on the Texas shooter's tattoos and said the shooter had "white supremecist" tattoos when they showed the picture. No, motherfuckers, those are Nazi tattoos, and gently caress everything about that.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dick Burglar posted:

I am absolutely in no way defending an obvious Nazi-wannabe or his numerous obvious Nazi-wannabe tattoos, but I really don't see how the angry zombie is supposed to be Hitler. Again, dude is already plenty of a Nazi-wannabe without the zombie being Hitler.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The forelock of hair.

This. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a zombie wolf. After looking at it again, I noticed the hair and boom... Hitler.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Just saw this on my facebook feed. Greta has mindwormed the gently caress out of these poor bastards.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Is this confirmed as dalablast? That's loving AI lore at this point...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Lmao, no. In fact there’s nothing beyond the car that says it’s him.

It’s not dalabast

drat, that would have been absolutely epic.

For those looking for more info, there was a helldump thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3145535

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Krakkles posted:

I love helldump threads where my username appears

:same:

That helldump thread's arc was less than 3 hours. Really got the bees buzzing.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 12, 2023

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ether Frenzy posted:

Much like me turning off the water while I brush my teeth as Nestle uses 1m gallons of water on their almonds every day, on the plus side, if 3 billion people start driving EV's only, it will undo the damage one cruise ship does.

And that's why, overall, we're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

The Door Frame posted:

Why won't you people just accept your personal responsibility for climate change? You can't control or even blame business like that; America is about innovation, not about red tape

It's not even that so much for me... Americans have torched way more than our share of the planet, but some of us believe science and recognize things need to change for viable human live to continue as-is.

But, even if we do, there are second and third world countries that are going ham on any fossil fuel they can (because they are following our lead and chasing our "success"), with no regard for emissions or the environment, and I just don't see any way that we, as a world, will accept change enough to matter.

So... embrace nihilism.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 26, 2023