Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Rowe's been an outspoken turbo-chud since, like, before Dirty Jobs even ended. It sucks, because he seemed earnest in the early years of the show, but then he outed himself as an utter dipshit pretty soon after. Looking back, it almost seems like an Undercover Boss kind of empty-headed puff piece where he pretends to exort the hard-working everyman, only to go back to relaxing in his office made of stacks of money while continuing to gently caress over the people who actually do the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
And that's why "blue collar" and "white collar" are useless terms that only serve to reinforce the idea that anybody working a "blue collar" job should be poor, and also drives conflict between poorly-paid white collar workers and well-paid blue collar workers, so they're busy fighting each other instead of uniting against the ruling class. Which, y'know, is the intention. But it's bad.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
local school board officials are the true globalists

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Which Adam Conover thoroughly debunked. https://youtu.be/0Cu6EbELZ6I

I mean, Ok Comboomer is right--that is an extremely lib move. In the sense that libs are slightly-less-conservative elitist capitalists, not leftists.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Dying is so inconvenient!!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
The current political era is a continuation of policies laid out in the Reagan-Thatcher era. That much is indisputable. But saying it's more of the same is, at best, understating the sharp rise in intensity that we've seen since Trump's political ascension in 2015/2016. At worst, it's missing the point that the mask hasn't slipped further--they've willingly taken it off now.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Chud adjacent for the money is as bad.

No, not as bad, but still plenty bad enough on its own. Not going to bat for the Nic guy (I don't know who he is), but let's not effectively downplay how bad chuds are by saying everybody who doesn't disavow them are equally as bad as the chuds themselves. Both still suck rear end, the chud just sucks more rear end.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
my dude, both my post and your reply can be true at the same time

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It felt more like yours was a defence of allowing people you supposedly know/work with to be complete arseholes to others and shrugging it off rather than what you're saying here tbh. :shrug:

If you read my post and took that message from it, that says more about your reading comprehension than it does about my post.

The point is, saying "people who are willing to work with Nazis are as bad as the actual Nazis" doesn't in effect drat everyone to the same extreme level of Nazis like people think it does. It makes the Nazis seem only as bad as the collaborators. It flattens out the levels of badness, and the homogeneity makes them all seem comparatively less bad. It's wrong to say "they're all the same level of bad" because it undersells just how extremely loving bad actual Nazis are.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 4, 2023

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I am absolutely in no way defending an obvious Nazi-wannabe or his numerous obvious Nazi-wannabe tattoos, but I really don't see how the angry zombie is supposed to be Hitler. Again, dude is already plenty of a Nazi-wannabe without the zombie being Hitler.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It's not surprising that modern militaries attract nazis, but it's distressing when modern militaries don't want to get rid of their nazis or, worse, actively recruit for nazis and protect them.

To its credit, the US military is actually doing at least a little to try to get rid of its nazis. But republican politicians are doing their best to gently caress up the military's ability to function in order to try to pressure the military to stop trying to flush nazis. Real cool country we live in :thumbsup:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

Spotted this in the wild today

Bringing the conversation back to domestic nazis. Good job.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Japanese were considered honorary Aryans, and that Japanese vehicle is "valuable" for helping the dipshit nazi-wannabe get around, so I'd say it tracks.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
guys, there's more than one yellow mach 1 mustang owned by a racist.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Almost certainly poo poo pulled out of the car by cops and flung onto the roof after-the-fact.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

there's gotta be a hammer and sickle hand gesture of some sort doesn't there

gently caress tankies. I aint associating with tankies.

Also, overtly political poo poo on your car is just asking for trouble. Especially if it's in opposition to chuds.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

Lol I love the word tankie. Anyone using it you know is an internet poisoned, status quo loving lib who’s opinions can be safely ignored. It’s like woke for chuds, no one using it can define it and it’s scary!

:lmao: sure buddy, sure

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

and i'm laughing at you immediately associating the hammer and sickle with being a "tankie" rather than what it actually stands for

like i said, internet poisoned, safely ignored

next youll post about how the swastika was a hindi symbol of good luck for a thousand years

Ok Comboomer posted:

shut up, tankie, didn’t you know that there are dictators abroad?

that’s why America should keep on empire building with impunity like it’s 1950 and don’t you dare have a problem with that

anyone opposed to authoritarian soviets is clearly in favor of western empire, hmm yes youve got it all figured out, champ

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
You didn't even have to say anything--one look at that old piece of poo poo's face in that thumbnail and I instantly knew he'd be anti-union.