Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean if he is he probably won't be for years as Jones rushes and therefore puts up stats.

I'd probably do it though. I'd rather take two chances in the first round of hitting than having 1.1 which I had last year and welp Breece Hall didn't end up helping me much.

My problem is nobody in my dynasty league pays attention and I'm dying to just pick up Trey Sermon sitting on the waiver wire but we don't allow those transactions until after the draft. At least we're going the draft right after the NFL draft though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

ares posted:

Any other degens in some dynasties? I got an offer in a SF league for the 1.02 (receiving) for the 1.06 and Trey Lance (giving up). I have the 1.01 and will draft Bijan. My QBs are actually okay as I got the aforementioned Lance, TLaw, and Danny Dimes. I guess it’s more of a question is Stroud or Young a clear upgrade over Daniel Jones and/or worth the risk of holding Trey and JSN/Levis/Gibbs going to bad spots. Thanks you any insight as I know it’s tough navigating everything before the draft.

Yea I'd take that all day in your position. I think the trader is gambling the top-end is deep enough that 6 gets him a top player (Stroud, Young, Bijan, Gibbs, JSN, but not sure who comes after). I watched all the 49ers games and I think Purdy has that job short of a catastrophic failure. I suspect we're also going to see Lance 2.0 this year in Anthony Richardson.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ares posted:

Any other degens in some dynasties? I got an offer in a SF league for the 1.02 (receiving) for the 1.06 and Trey Lance (giving up). I have the 1.01 and will draft Bijan. My QBs are actually okay as I got the aforementioned Lance, TLaw, and Danny Dimes. I guess it’s more of a question is Stroud or Young a clear upgrade over Daniel Jones and/or worth the risk of holding Trey and JSN/Levis/Gibbs going to bad spots. Thanks you any insight as I know it’s tough navigating everything before the draft.

Stroud/Young probably won't be an upgrade over Jones right away, but they very well could be in a couple years, and I would definitely rather have either of them over Lance. Lance isn't guaranteed to keep the starting job when Purdy gets healthy (but I do think he will if the 49ers get off to a strong start).

I would probably take the trade if I were you. Who do you think is going to be available at 1.06, and is taking Stroud/Young going to be worth missing out on whoever you would take there? I think it is, but I'm not as crazy about that next tier of players as a lot of people are. In SF, JSN, Gibbs, or possibly Levis is the likely pick at 1.06, and I think for all 3 of them their success will greatly depend on where they end up. And if you don't trade for 1.02, it might even be worth looking in to seeing what you could get to trade back to like 10 or 11 and taking someone like Zay Flowers.

As for where I'm at in my dynasty league, I have 1.03 and I'm really hoping Stroud falls to me, but I think it's likely that I'm gonna have to settle for Young who I don't like as much. But I did trade 2.03 for Jordan Love a few weeks ago. My QBs are Prescott, Mac Jones, Love, and whoever I draft (Stroud/Young). It's not great, but at least I have some depth now to be able to deal with injuries and bye weeks.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
Thanks for the insight! I made the trade as I would rather take a chance on Stroud over Lance/1.06. The smoke coming from the 49ers cannot be overlooked.

ares fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 5, 2023

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ares posted:

Thanks for the insight! I made the trade as I would rather take a chance on Stroud over Lance/1.06. The smoke coming from the 49ers cannot be overlooked.

Yeah. It really all depends on how much you believe in Lance. I'd personally rather have the first two picks. Bijan should be a lock. And Stroud should have enough shine on him that even if you decide you want to trade him, you're likely to get much more than for Lance. The situation in San Fran is so questionable right now and even if Stroud starts slow, he should inspire more faith in the near future. I think you did good.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Hey all,

I recently traded away Josh Allen in 12 team SF PPR Dynasty on a team that is starving for depth and rebuilding.

I traded away Allen and my 1.11 for his 1.01, 1.08, 2.01 and Deebo Samuel.

I have desean Watson and the 1.02 so I get my choice of this year's QB class to replace Allen. Plus bijan, deebo, and two more rookies, moving up 3 spots in the 1st to ensure I get my guy (probably Zay Flowers).

Thoughts? Trading away Allen feels gross, and I still feel a little under compensated after getting talked down in prolonged negotiations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Hey all,

I recently traded away Josh Allen in 12 team SF PPR Dynasty on a team that is starving for depth and rebuilding.

I traded away Allen and my 1.11 for his 1.01, 1.08, 2.01 and Deebo Samuel.

I have desean Watson and the 1.02 so I get my choice of this year's QB class to replace Allen. Plus bijan, deebo, and two more rookies, moving up 3 spots in the 1st to ensure I get my guy (probably Zay Flowers).

Thoughts? Trading away Allen feels gross, and I still feel a little under compensated after getting talked down in prolonged negotiations.

I would not have traded Allen for less than 3 firsts personally. Or a player of equal value. I also don't really like this draft class after five, so I'd probably have wanted a 2024 first over 1.08 or maybe 2.01.

Really, my issue was giving back a first for a top three fantasy asset, but then again I don't really value that pick this year. 1.11 and 2.01 are basically a wash for me. So 1.08, 1.01, and Deebo for Allen. I'd have wanted a better player than Deebo.

It's not awful, but I think you could have gotten more.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Sataere posted:

I would not have traded Allen for less than 3 firsts personally. Or a player of equal value. I also don't really like this draft class after five, so I'd probably have wanted a 2024 first over 1.08 or maybe 2.01.

Really, my issue was giving back a first for a top three fantasy asset, but then again I don't really value that pick this year. 1.11 and 2.01 are basically a wash for me. So 1.08, 1.01, and Deebo for Allen. I'd have wanted a better player than Deebo.

It's not awful, but I think you could have gotten more.

I agree with 3 1sts. I think bijan @1.01 is worth more than the average 1st. I also think deebo is worth more than a 1st. The 2.01 is basically a 1st. That was my logic

The pick swap was a sweetener.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm in a very similar situation with my dynasty team with the same league settings, but Justin Jefferson rather than Josh Allen. I'd love to have more depth, and I've had a few offers that were at least good enough to spend a couple minutes considering and not immediately saying no. But Jefferson is one of the most valuable non QB players in SF, so most trade talks I've had with others about him end with me saying no thanks, I'd rather just keep Jefferson for 10 years. I also have a poo poo load of picks for 2024, and Jefferson is a nice piece to build around.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's a mistake Josh Allen broke up with his longtime girlfriend and now his life is wake up, football, breakfast, football, lunch, football, dinner, football, get ready for bed, football, cry myself to sleep singing dreams last for so long even after you're gone I know you love me and soon I know you will see you were meant for me and I was meant for you, football

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

That's a mistake Josh Allen broke up with his longtime girlfriend and now his life is wake up, football, breakfast, football, lunch, football, dinner, football, get ready for bed, football, cry myself to sleep singing dreams last for so long even after you're gone I know you love me and soon I know you will see you were meant for me and I was meant for you, football

Maybe he can join Matt Ryan on his daily run.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

Maybe he can join Matt Ryan on his daily run.

Top five SA football content in my lifetime.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

On the other hand, Josh was just talking about how he needs to run less, so theres a chance is his value will dip a bit as he tries to be more of a pocket passer and less of a "trucks a dude to get 2 more yards" or "I'll be the RB punching it into the end zone".

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Sataere posted:

Top five SA football content in my lifetime.

Matt Ryan with his trophy horse dancing legs.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Received this offer in my Superflex 0.5PPR Dynasty league from a guy that's been chasing Mahomes forever:

Give:
Mahomes

Get:
Travis Etienne
2023 1.10 (I have 1.09 already)
2024 1st (likely mid to late)
2025 1st

Worth noting that aside from Mahomes I have Lamar Jackson and no one else at QB. I'm in a rebuilding phase so the picks would be helpful but i'm sure I won't be able to get a starting QB at either 1.09 or 1.10 and who knows if i'd be able to trade up high enough to get one. The guy has my 2024 1st that I might be able to get which would help so I can really tank.

The trade calculators all say it's even or better for me, but i'm not sure I want to even trade Mahomes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You can pry Mahomes from my dead cold hands

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I wouldn’t

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would be loathe to give up Mahomes in superflex especially for such low picks. The ceiling outcome is you are able to trade up next year and get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye or something. Who if everything breaks right could... one day be as good as Mahomes? I don't see the upside for you.

I'm also a little spooked off Etienne by the Jags drafting an RB. Granted it was only a 3rd round pick but they clearly didn't look at the RB room and think "yep everything's fine".

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Yeah, deal is nowhere near good enough. Picks need to be higher and substitute Etienne for a usable QB. Especially if you're rebuilding, RBs are the last position you want to be adding.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

I'm also a little spooked off Etienne by the Jags drafting an RB. Granted it was only a 3rd round pick but they clearly didn't look at the RB room and think "yep everything's fine".
The counter-point to this is that in 10 years of being an NFL GM, Trent Baalke has draft a RB every single one of those years. They dont have much quality depth behind Etienne and I think Etienne started to wear down over the course of the year as the workhorse so they want quality depth behind him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: Quote is not edit, sorry for the doublepost

MakaVillian posted:

Received this offer in my Superflex 0.5PPR Dynasty league from a guy that's been chasing Mahomes forever:

Give:
Mahomes

Get:
Travis Etienne
2023 1.10 (I have 1.09 already)
2024 1st (likely mid to late)
2025 1st

Worth noting that aside from Mahomes I have Lamar Jackson and no one else at QB. I'm in a rebuilding phase so the picks would be helpful but i'm sure I won't be able to get a starting QB at either 1.09 or 1.10 and who knows if i'd be able to trade up high enough to get one. The guy has my 2024 1st that I might be able to get which would help so I can really tank.

The trade calculators all say it's even or better for me, but i'm not sure I want to even trade Mahomes.
No loving chance. Especially with how blegh this year's SF dynasty rookie draft is looking like its going to to be after 1.6 or so.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thanks all, I love this forum.

I assume the same opinions would apply if Mahomes was replaced by Lamar in that trade scenario?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The counter-point to this is that in 10 years of being an NFL GM, Trent Baalke has draft a RB every single one of those years. They dont have much quality depth behind Etienne and I think Etienne started to wear down over the course of the year as the workhorse so they want quality depth behind him.

Yeah I didn’t mean to imply Etienne is going to be poo poo. Just that he doesn’t have the backfield to himself like he did after James Robinson got traded. He’s going to be in a committee like 90% of RBs today. Which is fine but he’s not some young blue chip stud making the deal worthwhile.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

I assume the same opinions would apply if Mahomes was replaced by Lamar in that trade scenario?
I personally do not like Lamar in fantasy because I feel like he's missed too much time, especially at the end of the season, and is not as good of a passer (I see too many way overthrown balls) so when he cant run like he does right now his value will drop a lot. So if it were me and if your trade partner would take Lamar for that same trade then yeah I'd probably do it, especially if you could get your own 2024 1st back if you're expecting it to be low. But thats just me - I might be going against consensus here.

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I didn’t mean to imply Etienne is going to be poo poo. Just that he doesn’t have the backfield to himself like he did after James Robinson got traded. He’s going to be in a committee like 90% of RBs today. Which is fine but he’s not some young blue chip stud making the deal worthwhile.
Of course, yeah, I dont think he'll be poo poo either but I think he'll still be the lead/primary tailback unless he gets hurt or starts to suck. Hasty had a 75 yard TD run last year when he gave Etienne a breather so I think Etienne was already looking at getting some more plays off either way.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Has anyone done any dynasty rookie drafts yet? My SF draft starts next week and I'm trying to figure out how the first round is gonna go. I have 1.03, and I assume it's going to go Bijan then Young. I'm debating between taking Stroud and Richardson, Stroud being the much safer pick so I'm leaning towards him. My current QBs are Dak Prescott, Mac Jones, and Jordan Love, which isn't great, but it's good enough that I could probably afford to take a gamble on Richardson for the upside if I want to.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mine is next week too. I'd give you my rookie list but I took it from Dynasty League Football which I think is goon run and I pay for it so I don't want to share content.

Their top ten is not hidden by a paywall so that I can share

but also their site is worth the 7 bucks

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/

I would also take Stroud second but I have a superflex where we start two QBs

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of it, where do you guys like to get your superflex rookie draft info thats free? I'm just talking "rankings and info to prep", not anything crazy.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Speaking of it, where do you guys like to get your superflex rookie draft info thats free? I'm just talking "rankings and info to prep", not anything crazy.

The dynasty reddit isn't terrible to browse through, but it's usefulness is mainly to help you get some info to form an opnion. Probably not the best resource to prep for your draft. I don't go too hard into what people say there, I just like to see if there is a general consensus on how to value various players.

As for paid content, I second using Dynasty League Football. They have a bunch of good content about which players you should be targeting with where you are in the draft. I haven't had the chance to do much research yet, but their site will be a big reference point for me. I need to see if my subscription renewed automatically or if I need to sign up again, but it absolutely is worth the money.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MakaVillian posted:

If you have Lamar and Mahomes, you will never be in a full rebuild. Just focus on building up your depth.

Football Absurdity discord lol.

Anthony Richardson and Bryce Young are basically tied for consensus number one quarterback by most people I follow. Some people are also bumping Gibbs over Stroud based on his draft capital. To me, everything from 1.07 to the back of the second is very flat. There's a ton of depth this class, but limited star power.

I know goons hated AR's college tape, but I honestly think his ceiling is insane. When I was watching his tape, I thought he made good decisions and had great pocker presence. His athleticism is undeniable. His only real flaw was his passing, which is a big one. But he has the same OC Hurts had when he made strides and if he puts in the work, that is his ceiling. The rushing upside alone might increase his floor. Richardson also ended up in the best situation of the top three to succeed by far, which I think is an important part of quarterback evaluation. AR gets to play with Jonathan Taylor, Michael Pittman, and Alec Pierce. Jelani Woods showed a ton his rookie year and they drafted another talented receiver in Downs.

Bryce Young is the best quarterback in this class by far, but I am terrified of his size. He could easily be a broken man in three years regardless of his ability. He's also got a strong coaching staff around him and they drafted Marvin Mims to help him.

CJ Stroud is the best blend of floor and ceiling. He was my number one quarterback in this class because I don't think he was that far off from Young at quarterbacking, but he has an actual NFL body. His downfield accuracy is sublime and I find that to be a great indicator for NFL success. And people still don't seem to understand how the Ohio State offense works and want to penalize quarterbacks for holding the ball and trying to make big plays. The reason he has dropped to three and the thing that scares me about him is he ended up in the worst location of the three. The Texans seemingly ignored the offense after taking him and don't have a lot of parts to work with.

An argument can be made for any of those guys going number one. And an argument can be made that Bijan should be drafted ahead of all of them regardless of SuperFlex. I've been raving about Bijan for weeks. I haven't loved a running back coming out of college this much since CMC and honestly, I think I like Bijan more. There is an element of power to Bijan's game that CMC never had.

I'm also thrilled that Gibbs went top twelve because I had him pegged as an elite talent, so it is nice to see that Brad Holmes agreed with me. That draft capital definitely pushes him up where an argument can me made for him going earlier than the 1.05. He was between 1.05 and 1.06 before the draft, but I think that puts him squarely ahead of JSN.

Those are my thought off the top of my head. I'm writing rookie roundups for all the teams over the next month, so I'll basically have thought on every drafted player at some point. I'm halfway through my tape grades.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I like this site, they basically just give you the aggregate sleeper draft rankings from the last month or so. Helps you figure out where the community at a whole is.

https://bulletproofff.com/adp_rookies.html

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Tier 1: Bijan, ARich
Tier 2: Young, Stroud, Gibbs
Tier 3: JSN, Addison, Johnston, Flowers

Order them however you want within the tiers

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Tier 1: Bijan, ARich
Tier 2: Young, Stroud, Gibbs
Tier 3: JSN, Addison, Johnston, Flowers

Order them however you want within the tiers

I personally have it
Tier 1: Bijan, AR, Young, Stroud, Gibbs
Tier 2: JSN
Tier 3: Addisonz QJ, Flowers

EDIT: I personally think you can take your pick of the three quarterbacks and an argument can be made that any one is the best.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I do like JSN better than those other WRs and have him in sort of a "tier 2.5" above them. I could edit to reflect that but nah

E: how early would you go on Levis?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

For Levi's, once you get past 1.09 all bets are off so as soon as 1.10 and as late as the late 2s.

My tiers are

1: Bijan
2: AR, Young
3: Stroud, Gibbs, JSN
4: Addy, QJ, Flowers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jingleheimer posted:

The dynasty reddit isn't terrible to browse through, but it's usefulness is mainly to help you get some info to form an opnion. Probably not the best resource to prep for your draft. I don't go too hard into what people say there, I just like to see if there is a general consensus on how to value various players.

As for paid content, I second using Dynasty League Football. They have a bunch of good content about which players you should be targeting with where you are in the draft. I haven't had the chance to do much research yet, but their site will be a big reference point for me. I need to see if my subscription renewed automatically or if I need to sign up again, but it absolutely is worth the money.
Thanks for the info - I dont use reddit much but I'm sure I could manage to peruse that. Considering I'm in so many leagues maybe I should fork over the cash for DLF.

Sataere posted:

Football Absurdity discord lol.
Football Absurdity is goon-run, isnt it? Got a link?

ranbo das posted:

I like this site, they basically just give you the aggregate sleeper draft rankings from the last month or so. Helps you figure out where the community at a whole is.

https://bulletproofff.com/adp_rookies.html
This sounds really useful since most of my leagues are on Sleeper, thank you!

Autocorrect is killin' me, lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Football Absurdity is goon-run, isnt it? Got a link?

Goon-founded anyway
https://discord.gg/QpXQQrdn

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Of the rookies I am pretty interested in Devon Achane who got drafted by Miami. He's tiny so obviously you cannot draft him as a workhorse back. But he is ludicrously fast, had good college production, McDaniel apparently loves him, and they'll find interesting ways to use his skills. He's gotta be an outlier to succeed but I'd be OK taking a lottery ticket on him vs, idk, Jonathan Mingo or something. It's probably a trap

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

Of the rookies I am pretty interested in Devon Achane who got drafted by Miami. He's tiny so obviously you cannot draft him as a workhorse back. But he is ludicrously fast, had good college production, McDaniel apparently loves him, and they'll find interesting ways to use his skills. He's gotta be an outlier to succeed but I'd be OK taking a lottery ticket on him vs, idk, Jonathan Mingo or something. It's probably a trap
I have pick 1.09 in my one dynasty league where I have a first (in my other league I traded my 2023 first and 2024 second for KWIII :mad: ). I'm debating trying to trade out of the first because I just do not like any of the guys in that area at all, and would rather pick up another 2nd and 3rd/future pick to take some shots at guys like Achane, Devon Miller, Jonathan Miller, Rashee Rice, Tyjae Spears, and Roschon Johnson types. Maybe I'm nuts though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I have pick 1.09 in my one dynasty league where I have a first (in my other league I traded my 2023 first and 2024 second for KWIII :mad: ). I'm debating trying to trade out of the first because I just do not like any of the guys in that area at all, and would rather pick up another 2nd and 3rd/future pick to take some shots at guys like Achane, Devon Miller, Jonathan Miller, Rashee Rice, Tyjae Spears, and Roschon Johnson types. Maybe I'm nuts though.

I would rather have two seconds than a late first this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm trying to target Richardson in dynasty because in fantasy I don't care if he overthrows a RB in the flat on third down and loses the game because of it. He'll put up points.