Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Scott Fish Bowl 12 live draft today, first 10 rounds. Not a fan of taking Goedert there and missing on Cooks and Mike Williams but I anticipated a TE run that didn't come. But now I have a DOUBLE STACK with Brady/Evans and Hurts/Goedert

Rules are weird (TEP, Sflex, completion percentage matters)

Michael Thomas was sort of a dead zone upside pick

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
No doubt about it

I'm ready to lose money again

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Scott Fish Bowl 12 live draft today, first 10 rounds. Not a fan of taking Goedert there and missing on Cooks and Mike Williams but I anticipated a TE run that didn't come. But now I have a DOUBLE STACK with Brady/Evans and Hurts/Goedert

Rules are weird (TEP, Sflex, completion percentage matters)

Michael Thomas was sort of a dead zone upside pick

Really nice draft so far. I have no shares of MT at all this year but I kind of like him in that spot. You have a ton of upside, and a few stacks, so it seems like a great chance to take a flyer on a guy that's a literal league winner.

\/ I don't honestly, hence the no shares. But in a draft like the one I quoted I kind of like the chance on MT. Mostly because I'm really high on Evans this season and there should be enough flex/WR talent in round 10+ for him to find more value there. That said, I can't see the board so who knows.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 10, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Do we think Michael Thomas will be relevant again?

Someone just tried to trade him to me for Breece Hall which I basically laughed at but I'm wondering if anyone thinks he could actually be worth something or if he's Josh Gordon and it's basically over

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Do we think Michael Thomas will be relevant again?

Someone just tried to trade him to me for Breece Hall which I basically laughed at but I'm wondering if anyone thinks he could actually be worth something or if he's Josh Gordon and it's basically over

Assuming he gets healthy, I think he'll be fantasy relevant, but definitely not banking on him approaching WR#1 again

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Michael Thomas will be relevant again but I took him in the 10th and feel iffy about it so that tells you what you need to know

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Someone just tried to trade him to me for Breece Hall which I basically laughed at
lmao what hell?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Made a thread for the 12th season of the Goon Money League. If you're already in, post away in it. If you're not, come join our waitlist!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006900

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Michael Thomas will probably have enough relevant games to be a headache

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I have to drop one of these players in a 15-keeper league (aka basically dynasty). With that many keepers + a deep bench, you can be sure you can't easily pick up a replacement QB or TE for a bye week off the wire. We start 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 RB/WR/TE Flex:

RB
Derrick Henry
Elijah Mitchell
Rhamondre Stevenson
Alexander Mattison
Ronald Jones

WR
Justin Jefferson
Dionte Johnson
Rashod Bateman
Gabriel Davis
JuJu Smith-Schuster
DeAndre Hopkins
Michael Thomas

TE
Travis Kelce
Dallas Goedert

QB
Jalen Hurts
Aaron Rodgers

As you can see I've had wayy better luck drafting WRs than RBs. We use a non-snaking draft and I won last year, so I'll be picking at #12, #24, etc. So I won't be able to draft a usable RB this year and, as a result, I feel pretty sketch about dropping down to 4 RBs by dumping Jones, especially since Mattison is a handcuff. That said, I also can't imagine dumping Michael Thomas, Hopkins, JuJu, or Goedert. I could see dumping Aaron Rodgers at this point in his career, but as I said, I wouldn't be able to get a viable backup for Hurts without trading. Any thoughts on who I drop?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Weirdly as weak as your RB's are I'd probably let RoJo drop. Hopkins and MT all have glaring issues headed into this year but they have huge upside if they hit, especially rolling into fantasy playoffs. And I expect the Eagles to look a lot more functional this year and would have a hard time letting go of Goedert.

I'd drop: RoJo, MT, Goedert and Hopkins in that order.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Honestly, I'd drop Mattison. Like you said, he's a handcuff. I feel like he has the strongest chance of coming back to you.

Also, just got my first Scott Fish Bowl invite. Very excited!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fennesz posted:

Weirdly as weak as your RB's are I'd probably let RoJo drop. Hopkins and MT all have glaring issues headed into this year but they have huge upside if they hit, especially rolling into fantasy playoffs. And I expect the Eagles to look a lot more functional this year and would have a hard time letting go of Goedert.

I'd drop: RoJo, MT, Goedert and Hopkins in that order.

Mostly agree, except I'd probably drop Hopkins before Goedert, given the roster.

Sataere posted:

Honestly, I'd drop Mattison. Like you said, he's a handcuff. I feel like he has the strongest chance of coming back to you.

Or this

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Sataere posted:

Also, just got my first Scott Fish Bowl invite. Very excited!

I like this, but at one point Henry was a handcuff too. What I've seen from Mattison looks very promising and I am hoping he is a starting RB when his rookie contract runs out. When you can't draft starting RBs directly, your only chance to get starters over the years is to draft backups and hope they're talented and then hold them till they're able to start.

I am surprised that no one else felt like dropping Rodgers was a decent option, but outside of that, I am inclined to agree that Rojo and MT are the main drop contenders, which just feels crazy to me given that MT was the top WR a couple of years ago, but that's the way it goes. Brees is gone and MTs been injured a bunch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am no Fantasty paragon or anything so take this with a grain of salt, but I would cut Slant Man without a second thought. Payton is gone. Brees is gone. The OL will be worse. Kamara might miss time due to assaulting someone on video at the pro bowl. The rest of the WRs are questionmarks. And most of all, MT himself is a huge questionmark. Will he be anywhere near his old self having not played a snap in what, two years? Catching passes from a different, and worse, QB in a new potentially different or altered scheme? No thanks.

edit: especially considering your existing talent at WR already. I feel like if you drop MT you still have a whole serviceable team and could draft BPA with 12 instead of dropping a RB or QB that could start for you and hoping some sort of replacement is available there. RoJo could take over as the starter eventually (a tonnn of people are down on CEH). I agree with you that Mattison has long term upside and is a top-tier handcuff to have if Cook gets hurt or (unlikely) the domestic abuse allegations against him turn into something (not likely I dont think, but new info could emerge).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 12, 2022

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I am no Fantasty paragon or anything so take this with a grain of salt, but I would cut Slant Man without a second thought. Payton is gone. Brees is gone. The OL will be worse. Kamara might miss time due to assaulting someone on video at the pro bowl. The rest of the WRs are questionmarks. And most of all, MT himself is a huge questionmark. Will he be anywhere near his old self having not played a snap in what, two years? Catching passes from a different, and worse, QB in a new potentially different or altered scheme? No thanks.

edit: especially considering your existing talent at WR already. I feel like if you drop MT you still have a whole serviceable team and could draft BPA with 12 instead of dropping a RB or QB that could start for you and hoping some sort of replacement is available there. RoJo could take over as the starter eventually (a tonnn of people are down on CEH). I agree with you that Mattison has long term upside and is a top-tier handcuff to have if Cook gets hurt or (unlikely) the domestic allegations against him turn into something (not likely I dont think but new info could emerge).

This all seems quite reasonable. I think you convinced me it's time to part ways with Michael Thomas. I won last year with him on IR the whole time anyway. Agree with taking the best player available when drafting at the end of a non-snake. You gotta get value where you can. The problem is that in this situation that always means taking a WR, which is how I ended up with this team to begin with. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky with a 'late round' rookie RB like I did with Mitchell last year (although I also drafted Sermon who I have to drop).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CEH is rear end. The Chiefs have a dominating run-blocking line and he's never had one carry go farther than 30 yards and only 3 went over 20 yards. CEH either has horrible vision or he no longer has the speed to hit holes if he sees them, which I doubt.

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1532022058024050694

RoJo doesn't have super vision either apparently but being average would make him the starter in KC. Because they don't have the guts to start McKinnon

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If the argument is whether CEH will continue to have a role, you gotta also look at pass blocking and 3rd down rout-running and catching. As a long-time owner of KC RBs in fantasy, I've constantly been screwed by the committee approach there and I see no reason why that won't continue. I don't think CEH's ability or inability to break out big runs matters much in that offense.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Just got offered a mega trade out of left field. 12 superflex dynasty. My Herbert for his Russ and JT. Probably going to decline due to the timeline I’m on, but I’ll be damned if that’s not intriguing.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Game-Blouses posted:

Just got offered a mega trade out of left field. 12 superflex dynasty. My Herbert for his Russ and JT. Probably going to decline due to the timeline I’m on, but I’ll be damned if that’s not intriguing.

Who is "JT"?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

coronaball posted:

Who is "JT"?

Jonathan Taylor I assume. I’d consider that trade if I had a short window to win a championship

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Game-Blouses posted:

Very curious what your roster looks like because I really like that Russ/JT side.

CompeAnansi posted:

This all seems quite reasonable. I think you convinced me it's time to part ways with Michael Thomas. I won last year with him on IR the whole time anyway. Agree with taking the best player available when drafting at the end of a non-snake. You gotta get value where you can. The problem is that in this situation that always means taking a WR, which is how I ended up with this team to begin with. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky with a 'late round' rookie RB like I did with Mitchell last year (although I also drafted Sermon who I have to drop).

Honestly, I think AAA convinced me on cutting MT. I am getting strong Josh Gordon vibes from him. And even if you are wrong, it doesn't really hurt you all that much with that WR core.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

If the argument is whether CEH will continue to have a role, you gotta also look at pass blocking and 3rd down rout-running and catching. As a long-time owner of KC RBs in fantasy, I've constantly been screwed by the committee approach there and I see no reason why that won't continue. I don't think CEH's ability or inability to break out big runs matters much in that offense.

Yeah sorry my argument is actually "CEH is rear end" and nothing else. I won't own any of these RBs either. If the Chiefs had taken Jonathan Taylor instead of CEH they'd still probably have a platoon to help him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

Honestly, I think AAA convinced me on cutting MT.
I cant wait till a bunch of people come back angry when MT goes off halfway through the year :haw:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel almost compelled after 20+ years on this site to take my first toxx clause that Breece Hall will outscore Michael Thomas. Almost.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Cat Hassler posted:

Jonathan Taylor I assume. I’d consider that trade if I had a short window to win a championship

Yeah Jonathan Taylor is correct. I’m way more long term focused at the moment.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Game-Blouses posted:

I would do this regardless of timeline

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

I feel almost compelled after 20+ years on this site to take my first toxx clause that Breece Hall will outscore Michael Thomas. Almost.

No one is taking the other side though

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Game-Blouses posted:

Yeah Jonathan Taylor is correct. I’m way more long term focused at the moment.

There's risk to it, but taking the trade and dealing JT (and maybe Wilson) during the season to a contender could also pay off massively. A contender with 3 decent QBs could definitely deal a top 5 QB for Taylor to make a push, and then it's close to a free Russ for you.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Sataere posted:

Very curious what your roster looks like because I really like that Russ/JT side.

QB: Herbert, Stafford, Teddy B
RB: Chubb, Javonte, Hines, Drake, Jamaal Williams, Chris Evans, Cohen
WR: ARob, Jeudy, Elijah Moore, Gallup, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Callaway, Bryan Edwards
TE: Gesicki, Cook

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh so you'd have the Russ to Jeudy stack. The plot thickens.

(I hope Jeudy works out since I took him over Justin Jefferson ugh)

edit: I was just now offered a first and justin jefferson for Trevor Lawrence in superflex

my other QBs are Mahomes and Cousins but that's it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 12, 2022

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leagues without large fields don't need stacks!!

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Ok guys, I finally made the plunge and joined a (already ongoing) Dynasty league. Needless to say since I got the guy who lefts team it's hot garbage:

QB's: Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB's: David Montgomery, Mark Ingram, Kenyan Drake
WR's: Stephon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Marvin Jones, Jakobi Myers
TE: Evan Ingram
D/ST: Dallas
Kicker: Mason Crosby

Obviously I have a rebuild.

One of the other owners offered my McCaffery for Allen and the 2nd overall pick in the Rookie Draft. Do I do that? I'm not a big fan of McCaffery right now due to his recent injury history but I understand he's probably a top 5 dynasty guys still. Would I rather have Hill or Walker in the Rookie Draft and try to rebuild that way? Clearly my RB's are hot garbage.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is it PPR? Didn't Walker have like 150 yards receiving in his entire college career? You clearly won't get Breece Hall if it isn't superflex

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012

kiimo posted:

Is it PPR? Didn't Walker have like 150 yards receiving in his entire college career? You clearly won't get Breece Hall if it isn't superflex

It is PPR and yeah I probably won't get Hall unless these guys are all dumb (jury is out though judging from their group chat :D ).

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Does anyone think CMC is going to ever be the same? I can’t make sense of his ADP this year

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

Does anyone think CMC is going to ever be the same? I can’t make sense of his ADP this year

This is exactly my issue with the trade. I feel he could be cooked but his talent level when healthy is SO high...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean I kind of believe in James Cook. I think I'd draft him over Walker. I recognize that he isn't Dalvin Cook and that Singletary is the starter.

But let me preach for a second: he averaged 6.5 ypc in college and 9.4 yards per catch and didn't drop ONE loving PASS in 78 targets. Georgia rode White into the ground and he has the two torn ACLs to prove it. Cook was drafted two rounds earlier than his teammate. Singetary is unimpressive and I feel the same way about Zack Moss. I really tried to get Cook and was snaked. I know people are going to say that you shouldn't compare him to his brother but that ypc though! I think he is going to get a lot of opportunities in Buffalo.

I just can't recommend trading Josh Allen though that's tough in dynasty. He's a horse. I worry about his health in the long game though.

edit: why did I even mention Zack Moss lol ESPN's projections are 4.97 fantasy points all season lol

kiimo fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 12, 2022

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I think CMC will have one more big season and then his body will break down entirely. But he’ll still be in the league for another 3 or 4 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe he'll be smart like Luke Kuechly