Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Hello guitar thread, I had a question about the BOSS KATANA sound patches (from the Boss Tone Studio application). They have some stock tones on there, and some are good, but most are not great.

I basically want to download some tone cheat codes and wondered if there's a source where people share or upload their Katana settings for different distortions, chorus, delays, etc.

800peepee51doodoo posted:

I'm bad at guitar and I cry whenever I play and my tears make the strings all rusty and I need a louder amp to block out the sound of my uncontrollable sobbing help me guitar thread

Elixer strings should help with the rust problem at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

Interesting. Having some light bulbs go off by seeing how these relate to CAGED and playing a G Major chord in each of these positions.

How does the thread feel about tab books. I've picked up a couple for bands I like, but they almost feel *too* accurate (A Paul Westerberg book and a Dino Jr one), and I'm having to reinterpret them to split the difference between multiple guitar tracks. I'm wondering if this is worthwhile at all, or if at this point I should take some simplish songs I like and try to transcribe them by ear. That would take some trial and error, but would be productive, I think.

I think I'm digging a bit of a rut for myself by practicing exercises and stuff as an excuse to stop myself playing songs, because I might play the songs badly, if that makes sense?

Songsterr.com is great for tabs. Lots have separate tabs for multiple guitar tracks and a playback option that is super helpful.