Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Hi, guitar thread. I took up playing a little less than a year ago and somehow or another I hosed up the shoulder my fretting hand is attached to. I suspect it was bad playing posture loving around in my computer chair. It might have been working out also or a combination. Anyhow, now I have tendonitis it seems and I'm freaking out. Anyone have any horror stories or, I'm hoping, chill-out-it'll-be-OK stories? My doc put me on prescription strength Aleve and it's cutting my stomach to ribbons, but I just want to be able to play again without feeling pain afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Helianthus Annuus posted:

does your computer chair have arm rests?

Yep. I suspect it was a combination of that and gripping too hard on bar chords because I had low gauge strings and, well, I'm new.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Thanks for listening, goons. I'm gonna stay off it for a month and keep taking the meds. I'll follow up with my GP around then. I've been stretching and I'm going to incorporate ice this weekend. I'll try and report back hopefully with good news.