Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You could probably make an extremely compelling follow-up show where they just go talk to all these people after they and everyone they know has presumably seen the episode air lol.
I know one of the women, who's not an actor and who tbh is pretty much exactly as portrayed. I don't know her well enough to grill her, but if she says anything on social media I'll report back. I'm super fascinated by how everything will unfold after they all see the show. That seems almost more interesting than the show itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Has he done an interview on that? How does that work, "my character is based on autistic people but the character isn't autistic (because then I would get in trouble)"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
He clearly said "check" a couple of times, but the subtitles also had him saying "chick" sometimes

My mom 3 days later is still caught up on "how did he not know the story of Willy Wonka???"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
"Of course he knows it, he's just acting like he doesn't"
"Why?"
"To make the other guy explain it"
"Why?"
"Because he thinks it's funny"
"Why?"

Big surprise this is not a show for boomers

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Another funny thing is that she is 0% interested in the huge publicity she just got. I mean imagine hearing "ok your tiny blog is going to be featured on a hit HBO show; we'll show lingering shots onscreen several times while the lead discusses it, and then we'll repeat the name for 3 minutes straight." Most wannabe influencers would die. She seems to be running from it

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think Tricia came off looking pretty bad, but if that's who she is, it's kind of hard to argue with. I did think it was funny that Kor was very openly like "yeah she can be very violent" and "she always complains and she's mad every time she comes in" and "you can't get a word in edgewise" AND YET she's one of his very closest friends and he's presumably fine with all that

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
NYC has a million trivia nights. The reason those two people with kind of confusing jobs and maybe not a lot of money are at Alligator Lounge, for their trivia night specifically, is that Alligator Lounge famously/infamously gives you a free pizza with every drink. That's why he knew they were definitely getting pizza and when, that's what the whole conversation about tickets/coupons was about. The clientele that that draws tends a bit different even from other trivia nights.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Interesting. Probably impossible to tell, but can you tell if the rehearsal pizza is from the Alligator? That would be a cool little detail to know.
I definitely don't know 100%. I've never been there, just to its predecessor Crocodile Lounge back in the day. The size looked right, but I noticed the rehearsal pizza was in delivery boxes, and I don't think Alligator Lounge does delivery/takeout of their pizzas. But it's possible they could have done it as a one-time thing given that they obviously worked with the show.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I mean, he told Kor his team had gotten into his apartment on false pretenses and scanned the entire thing and duplicated it all, and Kor's reaction was "oh, okay."

If he was walking with Kor and said "hey can we stop here, I have something to tell you," I'm pretty sure Kor would've said "oh, okay"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Reminder we don't even know it was filmed out of sequence at all!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Sure, or at literally any other time during the monthslong orgy of obsessive preparation that the show was about

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Danzel Glovington posted:

And the kid was like, "Oh yeah!"

Could be scripted lines for the kid, could've been improvised, maybe the kid really did convince himself he was really in those pictures.
It looks like the kid actually was in the pics, they just replaced his dad's face with Nathan's face

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I don't know for sure but I feel like waving an ipad around a room covertly during a 15 minute visit probably doesn't capture enough information for a perfect replica of an apartment.
That is very much a thing https://help.magicplan.app/scan-a-room-in-seconds-using-lidar

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Iirc Patrick invited him to the carnival on the phone. Obv he could still have dipped but it was less stalkery of Nathan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I would have been totally happy if it was just like episode 1, like it was billed.

This is so far over and above and unreal