Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tricia really was a character. Shows up to interview a subject and ends up just talking about herself. I was feeling bad that she’s looking so bad on national TV but she kinda redeemed herself by being so kind about her friend’s lies and sad backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

This is not the show for you. Time to move on.
Don’t be such a baby. The show’s more interesting if it feels more real. Seeing the seams of its stitched reality makes it slightly less great. Still plenty entertaining.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’s a dweeb for nitpicking it so hard but you guys are so prickly at the idea of someone criticizing your comedy god. “get out of my thread” like lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

this show is hugely cringe to watch and i’m not 100% sold on the entertainment to cringe ratio. emma stone is way too good for this series tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Xaris posted:

The point was to rile up all the well-to-do white people with a thanksgiving allegory, so it didn't matter one way or another. That's why she was pissed that Emma invited the Pueblo guy (who very much did not like anything there, and was the only non-white person there) because the art only works on the white clientele who feed off a sort of liberal guilt of empowering natives but while also commodifying and fetishizing The Other culture to assuage said guilt. It works by reflecting their own insecurities back at them.

Cara being an absolute hack and not even remotely close to a good artist was great: an alternate distorted reflection of Emma and Nathan's characters in a different light
Obviously the art was targeted at guilty white liberals, but Cara seemed like a competent artist and I gotta say I kinda enjoyed both the ham thing as well as the other pieces. The Pueblo governor guy had his personal take on the art, which is fair, and so did Fielder. But at least they got what the art was going for.

Imo the joke is squarely on Stone’s character who obviously missed the whole point of the experience and thinks there’s a correct answer to eating the ham or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love that she uses an industrial meat slicer. I don’t have a read on it; it’s just hilarious imo.