Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

extremely unfun thread for an extremely fun show, good work everyone.

It was disappointing not seeing the logistics of them setting up everything with all of the child actors, the preparation stuff in NFY was always great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I like that he said he was going to be an NBA player despite appearing to be approaching 30 and not seeming to care about basketball nearly as much as Jesus or his Scion TC.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

holy crap how can you even consider that after the middle of the night disappearance

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

yeah I mean if that’s a real thing then good for them but man I hope the outcome of this is she decides she doesn’t want kids

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

precision posted:

everyone on the show is an actor, and it's all 100% scripted, this is a rehearsal for Nathan, including a rehearsal of airing the show, and hiring actors to make social media posts about the participants

there is no reality

woah what if we’re the show

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I mean the crazier thing is that she thinks the devil is just hanging out at google manipulating information

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

you just have to extremely direct when you ask the devil something, he’s tricky

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

precision posted:

dude is nobody gonna even mention that Angela made a loving pentagram with the noodles?!?!

I was too distracted wondering what the actual gently caress she was doing, that was the most psychotic poo poo I’ve ever seen and I have no idea how that helped her know how cooked the noodles were

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

what are you freaks doing with your noodles just bite one why are you trying to summon elder gods with obtuse rituals

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Echoing the other comments that the show is interesting but the other rehearsals were a lot more interesting and fun. I can imagine it would be extremely surreal and easy to lose yourself in a replica of a bar that you’re familiar with but creating an entire imaginary life doesn’t quite resonate the same way. There were never really any stakes for Angela. Having kids was something she wasn’t committed to one way or another. The rehearsals for Kor and the gold digger guy were things that were real in their lives that they needed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Okay, finally watched The Curse over the past week. I found it extremely difficult to watch, not because of any cringe reasons but because I have a feeling that this was a very autobiographical show. I just had a long term relationship end and my therapist has helped me to see that so many of my anxieties and perceived shortcomings were from being in a relationship with a narcissist. The way Emma Stone completely embodied that in body language and demeanor was very chilling and uncomfortable. Performance of a lifetime really, even if I hated every second of it. The horror style music and whatnot really fit for me.