Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Absolutely astonished by how good this was. I wasn't expecting it to be NFY cut with Synecdoche, New York (and even a little bit of Inception). And ending with Pure Imagination was just perfect. I nearly peed myself when he showed how the fake pizza oven worked.

So much of the joy of NFY was the meta story of Nathan Fielder trying to find love and companionship. I hope there's a similar substrate of pathos running underneath The Rehearsal too- so far Nathan seems to be playing this one a little bit more straight.

edit: Also that moment when, in character as Thrifty Boy, Nathan sucked on that ketchup packet lol.

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I hope Nathan doesn’t get in trouble with this show now that he can’t rely on the legal guidance of Judge Anthony Filosa :(

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Nathan using nun-chucks was probably my favorite part of the show so far.

I really have to watch Synecdoche New York again, it's been too long.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
For a second I thought that last fake Adam was Nathan Fielders actual son lol

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Love that Nathan went full Synecdoche at the end with the gender switch.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Snowy posted:

I may have to go say hi to Kor, seems crazy not to

You better practice what you're going to say to him.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
There’s music throughout Nathan For You

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Benny Safdie is insanely good too. Comparing his performance in this to Oppenheimer is kind of startling.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Avian Pneumonia posted:

or is he a buff cassanova with a heart of gold.

Sorry, what?

Avian Pneumonia posted:

i guess he really loved emma stone and knew the baby was his and when that didn't happen he understandably cried about it and felt quite sad.

Hang on, what?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
You can’t forget Nathan as Thrifty Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
The end of that episode that featured Alice Coltrane's "Jai Ramachandra" was so good. I thought Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never) was doing the music, but apparently one of the three guys from Medeski Martin and Wood is doing the original score?