Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Never saw this before lmao. Hang in there if you haven't seen it, it goes places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

roomtone posted:

I'm also watching Nathan For You. Season 4 cos I never watched it before.

I liked episode 1 (fake micheal richards tip in diner), the whole thing was good. Episode 2 was kinda stupid. Very tim and eric (the chili suit with the toilet humour is really close to a diarrhea suit bit they had), and didn't suit the idea I have of Nathan's style. Gonna continue on though - I've never seen Finding Frances and I only just realised it's 90 minutes so it's basically a movie, really curious about it.

I rewatched it's last night and it's still phenomenal. I'd totally forgotten there's a pretty significant "rehearsal" segment in it too.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gorman Thomas posted:

On the one hand NYF and The Rehearsal are incredible tv.

On the other hand, Nathan antagonized a bipolar guy during a NYF scene and said guy later had a mental break, which has since led to members of my family possibly getting a restraining order against the guy for harrassment. Like I don't think his appearance on the show directly led to this, the guy was always an rear end in a top hat, but being humiliated on TV probably didn't help. It does make me watch the show a bit differently tho.

Edit: can't go into more detail sorry

Oh come on lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

uh, potential future spoilers in this twitter image i guess?

https://twitter.com/MenForFieIder/status/1552373782861447170

Huh, that last pic with the masks makes me think this happened after the show finished filming but I guess who knows how long filming took. Episodes 1 and 2 had to have been in 2019 though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Watching the Micheal Richards Tip N4U episode again and Austin Bowers, the ghostwriter for "The Diarrhea Times" is an underrated character. I love how he repeats his article "Pokémon Sun & Moon Has Fans Starry-Eyed" for 4 issues in a row

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Paper Lion posted:

patricks brother had good reason to be concerned with his girlfriend (tw insanity, racism/n word)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMaEluFXCs

Lol it's like she's workshopping a standup bit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao the last scene

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Looten Plunder posted:

side note: I'd love someone to write a book on religion for dummies that spells out the differences in beliefs between all the different religions and denominations and how they all evolved/branched out from each other.

It's so weird to me that Jesus was a Jew but like, Christians think Jews are all going to hell. And then there is Nathan style Jews versus the sidelock wearing Orthodox/Hasidic Jews that clearly have different beliefs.

Angela honestly breaks the schism down pretty well here. To very very much simplify it, Old Testament scripture, held in common by Christians and Jews, prophecies the coming of a savior or a messiah. Christians believe Jesus was that person, Jews don't believe it's happened yet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mcbexx posted:

If there were any doubts, Season 2 is now confirmed.

Oh sweet. I was totally under the impression it was just like a one-and-done miniseries or something.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

In that radio interview Nathan kept talking about his favorite reality show "gay army" and other shows that inspired Love in the 3rd degree and I can't stop laughing at the trailer. The show seems to be mostly lost though, it's from 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAo9afZvyvw

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

"Ask your wife" lmao :stare:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat that episode made me a little nauseous lol. It's like the social and emotional equivalent of blood and gore

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm excited for everybody who makes it to that first-come first-serve finale screener tomorrow but now I feel like I gotta be real cautious about spoilers all week

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Dave posted:

I think the truth of it is a lot of people would have pulled out earlier if it wasn’t Fielder. The show is slow and doesn’t necessarily have big payoffs, but everyone is hanging on the idea that once the finale episode drops it will be quite the experience when looked at in whole.

I was thinking last week how I would feel about this show if I had no idea who Safdie or Fielder were and had zero preconceptions and honestly I have no clue lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

It's kind of similar to Patriot though that leaned slightly further into literal funny-comedy - things get progressively worse and more tense for the protagonist in a comedically-escalating way despite never or rarely having "jokes", it's 'funny' in the sense that it keeps one-upping itself in just how atrocious it gets. Just when you think things can't possibly get any worse, they do, usually in an unexpected way.

Patriot is so loving good man. It was done very dirty by both the name (which is on the other hand a great name especially in the greek origin sense of of one's father) and being in the dregs of Amazon Prime with no marketing. Perfect show.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao I definitely could not have called this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sure most of it was just filming in a room built upside down, but there was something strangely convincing about the effect that I can't put my finger on

It honestly freaked me out a bit. Pretty creepy!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol how long has this been Nathan's twitter profile banner :tinfoil:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

wizardofloneliness posted:

Look, sometimes you have to go to extreme lengths to make your point, is what I’m saying.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

"In some upside-down, topsy turvy world... what would it be like to be without Whitney?"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

"Big Pussy"...... "small penis"..... coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Finally getting around to watching this. Loving it so far. Comparison's to David Lynch are apt - the willingness to linger on shots, ample use of character actors (Gary Farmer!!! Barkhad!!!) is a treat. Just finishing episode 3.

It makes me sad that so many people I know who've watched this talk about it in terms of "I can only watch one episode at a time" or felt like it made them overly uncomfortable. It's not that it's not uncomfortable at times, but it's not like watching a cow birth videos.

Glad you're enjoying it, stay clear of spoilers in this thread, but get back to me in a few episodes because "like watching a cow birth video" is almost the description I never knew I needed for how queasy some parts made me lol