Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I just started listening to Jazz and I don’t want this thread to die, because I’ve been slowly going through everything posted here and it’s all amazing.

Makaya, especially, is something else. In the Moment is now one of my favorite albums. I don’t know if I’m cool enough to listen to it, but I do anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Jazz is great because I’ll be listening to Dark Magus, and Tatu will come on, and it’s the coolest, funkiest thing I’ve heard.

Jazz is awful because I’ll look up the album and the track, and click through to the guitarist, and find out he did three things and died at 30.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I’ve been listening to Jazz for three months, and I finally found an album I just don’t like. For Alto by Braxton.

For people who like it, what are you hearing that I’m missing?

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Songs my toddler claps along to:

- Spain, by Chick Corea

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Anyone listening to jazz podcasts they like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Smoking Crow posted:

John Coltrane-Giant Steps (standout track: Giant Steps)

Speaking as still-new jazz listener, this video is amazing. After I watched it I had Giant Steps on repeat for like a week.
https://youtu.be/62tIvfP9A2w?si=PT7I2uWgpE1dfhc9