Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

BigFactory posted:

List is missing a lot of vocal jazz, then. Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday - at Newport would cover a lot of bases.

gimme chet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61gSKmeQ74 there's this classic

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Southern Cassowary posted:

in the midst of a jazz deep dive. i'd skimmed the surface before (like, i knew miles davis/kind of blue, coltrane, played guitar so i was familiar with guys like joe pass and pat metheny) but i've gotten really enamored with the timbre of the saxophone and i've been digging into sax players

pharoah sanders really grabbed my attention - i heard you've got to have freedom and it blew my mind, then i threw on karma and i realized this dude's a genius. also heard some guys like albert ayler and eric dolphy doing some wild poo poo. the baritone riff in moanin' is great. i've been kind of scattershot in my sax exploration, give me some guidance jazz friends.

bird