Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

ive been getting more into jazz again lately, mostly from stumbling on to the open studio yt/podcast trying to work on learning some piano and also standards on bass/guitar but always been a fan.

ive mostly listened to older stuff pre-70s with some more modern jazz guitar/bass bigger before here and there

one thing i was definitely missing was listening to more 70s stuff esp herbie hancock - ive known chameleon and cantaloupe island, but never dug into his other stuff like at all

its quite good it turns out

spotify also pointed me to some 70s french jazz/funk too after that and i've also been wearing out this cortex album. it gives me some jeff beck blow by blow vibes (which is also great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

I'm not too knowledgeable about her entire disco/career and she steps into lots of genres, but Meshell Ndegeocello certainly a bass legend