Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm just happy to remember the little Angela cameo that was in the Spawn movie. I had no idea Neil was involved with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Neil has no personal control of Sandman, but David Goyer insisted he be involved from a creative standpoint for this version when it shifted from movie to TV show. Every previous version merely just asked for his blessing, which he was very hesitant to give since in his words he "wanted to reserve the right to tell people not to watch a bad sandman if one happened"

I do think he gets a bigger cut of Sandman stuff profit wise than he used to though since he renegotiated his contract with DC when he wrote Overture for the 25th Anniversary.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Neil has no personal control of Sandman, but David Goyer insisted he be involved from a creative standpoint for this version when it shifted from movie to TV show. Every previous version merely just asked for his blessing, which he was very hesitant to give since in his words he "wanted to reserve the right to tell people not to watch a bad sandman if one happened"

I do think he gets a bigger cut of Sandman stuff profit wise than he used to though since he renegotiated his contract with DC when he wrote Overture for the 25th Anniversary.

Yeah, he's mentioned in interviews and social media that DC has basically all the rights but they have a good working relationship where in return for DC giving him a decent cut and not loving around with his baby Neil Gaiman periodically writes something new that makes DC a pile of money.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thus far this is a good show. Johanna Constantine is cool.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember when Angela was introduced to the Marvel universe. It was like when the Dungeon Master introduces his darling self-insert to the game.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
stop sending neil your fan castings for delirium, that trick only works once (desire)

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Send in your fan requests to Neil that he play Destruction.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

if Tormund from GoT isn't cast as Destruction, that'd be a goddamn shame. He's perfect. But we won't see him for ages (if we get more than the second season)

For Destiny, someone suggested Peter Capaldi and I'm like "gently caress" and will be sad when it is inevitably not him.

Jaxyon posted:

stop sending neil your fan castings for delirium, that trick only works once (desire)

and even with Desire, Mason was an established actor who was in the middle of filming Cowboy Bebop for Netflix, and had their agent reach out through the correct channels. All Mason asked Neil was "have you cast Desire yet, and who is your casting director" essentially.

A lot of young women are like "pick me" for Delirium without ever having a credit to their name, or a proper agent and Neil, while being as nice as he can be, has to shut that down.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 8, 2022

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

if Tormund from GoT isn't cast as Destruction, that'd be a goddamn shame. He's perfect. But we won't see him for ages (if we get more than the second season)

The unfortunate thing is that he can't play both Destruction and Thor.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Brian Blessed would be a good Destruction stunt casting

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

and even with Desire, Mason was an established actor who was in the middle of filming Cowboy Bebop for Netflix, and had their agent reach out through the correct channels. All Mason asked Neil was "have you cast Desire yet, and who is your casting director" essentially.

A lot of young women are like "pick me" for Delirium without ever having a credit to their name, or a proper agent and Neil, while being as nice as he can be, has to shut that down.

Yeah he goes into this over on Tumblr

quote:

(And as a reminder to everyone out there who wants to act, “I’m a lot like Delirium in real life” is not the hard-sell casting slam dunk many of you seem to think it is. If you’re going to be in Sandman you need to be an actor, you need to have credits, we need to know not only that you’re brilliant but that you’re also reliable, and that you know how to act for TV – can you do the same scene two dozen times, and still say the lines every time as if this is the first time you’ve ever said them? Can you be funny and break people’s hearts at the same time?)

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

For Destiny, someone suggested Peter Capaldi and I'm like "gently caress" and will be sad when it is inevitably not him.

I really liked Jeffrey Wright's performance as Destiny in the audio drama.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Thranguy posted:

The unfortunate thing is that he can't play both Destruction and Thor.

much rather have him as thor tbh

Pattonesque posted:

Brian Blessed would be a good Destruction stunt casting

:same:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I doubt they're gonna find someone better than Kristen Schaal for Delirium, even though she doesn't look the part now (and perhaps never did). She's excellent casting in the radio version.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, I doubt they're gonna find someone better than Kristen Schaal for Delirium, even though she doesn't look the part now (and perhaps never did). She's excellent casting in the radio version.

Delirium, maybe moreso than the other Endless, should be cast by committee. I agree Schaal might not be a perfect "fit" for the whole show, but some scenes with her as someone's manifestation of Delirium would be great.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

“I’m a lot like Delirium in real life” is not the hard-sell casting slam dunk many of you seem to think it is [...] we need to know [...] that you’re also reliable
Subtle, but I dig it.

Netflix Delirium is gonna be a thing to behold. Her whole image is that she's grimy and dishevelled. I'm expecting a clean-cut K-Pop girl with a Harley Quinn dye job.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cast multiple actors to play Delerium and overlay all their performances together in post production so she's a discordant blur

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Cast a kitten and have all its dialogue be in subtitles. Have no on notice or say anything ever.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“Del’s being a cat again, this happens every few centuries. Just humor her.”

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Cast multiple actors to play Delerium and overlay all their performances together in post production so she's a discordant blur

do this but make it much more subtle, have the character morph from one actor to a different one slowly, minute to minute
e: not a consistent speed either!

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Wow I genuinely didn't think this would get renewed anymore. I still need to watch the finale and extra episode so I guess I'm part of the problem :)
Very happy with the renewal though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Cast multiple actors to play Delerium

Gillian Anderson: I'm not falling for this one again :mad:

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Flesh Forge posted:

do this but make it much more subtle, have the character morph from one actor to a different one slowly, minute to minute
e: not a consistent speed either!

Each cutaway should come back to a different actor.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cast Kristofer Hivju as Delirium.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Gillian Anderson: I'm not falling for this one again :mad:

Well, that one wasn't intentional.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Knight2m posted:

yeah but make it subtle enough where this is hard to notice the first time

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah but make it subtle enough where this is hard to notice the first time

Are there any twin or triplet actors that would have the right look? That actually would be a cool idea.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AFewBricksShy posted:

Are there any twin or triplet actors that would have the right look? That actually would be a cool idea.

Rachel and Amanda Pace, maybe? They're early 20s, identical and I think they could pull off the look.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I like all these ideas for Delirium, and agree her look should be wildly inconsistent. The only thing I want to see is one of her living fish balloons. Probably named Prince or something. And Barnabas!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Waffle! posted:

I like all these ideas for Delirium, and agree her look should be wildly inconsistent. The only thing I want to see is one of her living fish balloons. Probably named Prince or something. And Barnabas!

I know it was suggested but I really like the idea of Delirium being kinda like signal noise, for the lack of better term, barely keeping one form together and slipping in and out.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Knight2m posted:

they already did this trick with the hecatae, and it owned

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and I think Stephanie Hsu would be a really fun out-of-the-box casting for Delirium. She basically does a Delirium-Esq change of look and style in that movie, so that might be why I thought of it, but it's been on my mind ever since I watched it.

On the topic of the audio series, I think Miriam Margolyes as Despair is one of the MVPs especially in the recent act when it shows her reacting to Delirium asking her to find Destruction. Incredible stuff.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Miriam Margolyes is a GOAT tier character actor, but the accent she's using in the radio stuff isn't great.

Glad she's finally got something to do though.

(Man I don't like their recast Corinthian, bring back Riz Ahmed!)

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

Miriam Margolyes is a GOAT tier character actor, but the accent she's using in the radio stuff isn't great.

Glad she's finally got something to do though.

(Man I don't like their recast Corinthian, bring back Riz Ahmed!)

Riz came back for Act III! (unless you are referring to Boyd in the show. I think he's perfect. Both are great choices)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Riz came back for Act III! (unless you are referring to Boyd in the show. I think he's perfect. Both are great choices)

Nah, I was talking the Dirk Maggs production.

If that's Ahmed, he's either making the performance sound different here or I need to get my ears checked, he sounds completely different.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Not sandman but I figured most of you might recognize this

https://twitter.com/analog_anathema/status/1595862865038057472?s=46&t=ypbX8oczTeoh4k1Zwx5Oww

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Holy poo poo

e: not poo poo, sorry, djinn

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Knight2m posted:

This, I would love that.
But only thing constant is the eyes, or a lock of hair.
Which should be changing constantly like the colours on a soap bubble.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

happyhippy posted:

This, I would love that.
But only thing constant is the eyes, or a lock of hair.
Which should be changing constantly like the colours on a soap bubble.

They should just do for Delirium what they did in the comic. Give her a different hairstyle each episode, and have her cycle through whichever one she had at the time when she recounts the events back to Destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jedit posted:

They should just do for Delirium what they did in the comic. Give her a different hairstyle each episode, and have her cycle through whichever one she had at the time when she recounts the events back to Destruction.

but how much better would this be if she was also a cat